WHAT HAPPENED TO US ON THE REGAL PRINCESS AT CHRISTMAS - HEART BREAKING!

17tangerine

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

How do we know that the guy holding the cheque is any relation to the OP?  Just because he says so in the story?

Can any person please quote the exact lines in the OP's story where they say the person holding the check is related to the OP?

23 minutes ago, ldtr said:

So they had no responsibility to mention to the caller that his entry had been canceled and his money refunded.

——-

I did not say that!  Dog

———-

They seemed happy to accept a prize that would have only been awarded by mistake.

———

I did not say that! Dog

————

Then upset because the mistake was found prior to the actual award.
——-

I did not say that!  Dog

We do not know some information to answer these questions.

On many of my past cruises the younger members of my family have entered draws, contests etc on the ship. They have been winners, and were present to get their prizes.  Now things are changing-  Did the person calling them say what draw this was?

Did the parents and son talk about him withdrawing his entry?

We don’t have the answers.

My point here is- employees need to do a more thorough job.

I do not think son should get that money.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JAT0303 said:

I have to say that after coming back to Cruise Critic after several years, I am saddened by the mean spirited and rude responses that are being given to many people in this forum.

Regardless of how people feel about a post, it seems that responses can be worded more politely.  Or perhaps no response at all would be best.

Being anonymous seems to give people a sense that they can say whatever they like which is really a shame.  

Thanks for listening.

Yes, I totally agree with you.

Taking a break, off on a lovely 😊 vacation!!! Dog

3 minutes ago, brisalta said:

Can any person please quote the exact lines in the OP's story where they say the person holding the check is related to the OP?

True enough.  The OP could have simply included a couple photos of some random stranger holding a cheque made out to her son (which we have to accept on faith) simply to demonstrate that he had won the prize.

Sounds like the raffle was a "Pay to Play" scheme, and unfortunately, the young person cancelled his fee that he paid to participate.  Once Princess realized that he was out of contention for participating in the 'pay to play' raffle, they correctly chose another winner.  Sadly, no one told the staff member who wrote out the giant 'whiteboard' check, causing an awkward situation with the family who expectations were slowly built up, only to be let down.

A similar situation might be buying a lotto ticket and donating it to an office white elephant gift exchange, only to find out later that it was a winning $5,000 ticket.

Edited by Ferry_Watcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d9704011 said:

How do we know that the guy holding the cheque is any relation to the OP?  Just because he says so in the story?

22 minutes ago, roobug said:

From looking at his Facebook page - the young man in the picture is her son (she made a similar post on Facebook). Her son is at least 18 years old according to his Facebook so this has nothing to do with a child but a young man who thought he would win something that he withdrew from.

Believe what you want. I do

Edited by dog

4 minutes ago, d9704011 said:

True enough.  The OP could have simply included a couple photos of some random stranger holding a cheque made out to her son (which we have to accept on faith) simply to demonstrate that he had won the prize.

Just look at the name. Photo of son is irrelevant.

Dog —- off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dog said:

Believe what you want. I do

Fair enough.  I looked at her post where she tagged her son and it is the same person who is holding the check.  Regardless I still stand by that they were upset because princess discovered the mistake before they were able to get the money and if they hadn't the family would have gladly taken the prize they knew they were not eligible for.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, roobug said:

Fair enough.  I looked at her post where she tagged her son and it is the same person who is holding the check.  Regardless I still stand by that they were upset because princess discovered the mistake before they were able to get the money and if they hadn't the family would have gladly taken the prize they knew they were not eligible for.

Can you prove that?

if it was me, I would not do what you are accusing them of.

28 minutes ago, spingal said:

Interesting that the OP has disappeared!

Not interesting at all. Just typical. Many of these brand new members who immediately post their gripes are just trying to demonize a company by flooding social media with negative rants that have little similarity to reality but exhibit a massive amount of entitlement. They spread their anger, hoping the target of their wrath is harmed, and disappear. They are not interested in advice, just interested in available outlets they can use to cause as much negative harm to the company as they possible can. 

Edited by sloopsailor
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1