Goodbye Mr Chemmo but the heart will go on….

chemmo

2 hours ago, Project_gal said:

This thread has been increasingly difficult to read through my tears. I will always be grateful to CC for introducing me to Mrs Chemmo who has become my friend off-board and been a huge support to me over the years. We have never met in person, but I have had the privilege of learning that her intelligent and calming presence on CC is true in real life. Both Mr and Mrs Chemmo, as well as their son and future daughter-in-law, have lived the past several months with the utmost dignity, bravery and shared love. 

I join with you all in saying "RIP Mr Chemmo" and "thank you Mrs Chemmo".

So wonderful to read your post. I was unsure if I should report on the forum at all but somehow felt it would be like not telling friends of many years…Over morning coffee I would relate to Pete the latest happenings. We would discuss changes and follow live posts. If someone asked a question or made a comment we felt we could add to we would discuss the response.

As you say, we were introduced by CC and your friendship is treasured. Your emails in recent months have supported me so much. Your ‘morning distractions’ (thanks for this mornings) have given me a focus to remember each day that ‘life will go on…’. It will never be the same but it will go on. I will find a new normal…I know when Pete wished me a Happy New Year he meant it…He wanted me to continue to live life to the full…

• Like 4

On 1/10/2023 at 2:28 PM, chemmo said:

Under the name of ‘Chemmo’ my husband and myself have regularly contributed to CC over many years. At first to ask questions and, in more recent years, as we became more experienced to offer information and advice, particularly about the RS and PH experience. We loved doing our live reports.

My beloved husband is now sleeping his last sleep, no more shared cruises but no regrets either… Our cruise toast was always to ‘Making it count’…We did…We enjoyed so many happy times…

Chemmo will continue with me and his son and future daughter in law…The heart will go on…

Wow, what a touching and meaningful tribute to your husband. I am certain he would be happy with that post and i am so sad to hear of his passing!!!  Memories will last forever!!!

• Like 1

Mrs. Chemmo, I’m so sorry for your loss. God bless you as you grieve, and thank you for reminding us of the importance of building memories and not putting them off. May your future be full of many cruises with your husband sailing along with you in your heart. I’ll continue to be an avid reader of your blogs. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

Mrs. Chemmo, I’m so sorry for your loss. God bless you as you grieve, and thank you for reminding us of the importance of building memories and not putting them off. May your future be full of many cruises with your husband sailing along with you in your heart. I’ll continue to be an avid reader of your blogs. 

Thank you.  

One of my main reasons for posting was, as you say, to remind fellow CC cruisers ‘of the importance of building memories not putting them off’. There seem to been so many posts recently from people asking ‘Should we upgrade?’, ‘Is the speciality dining worth it?’, ‘Should we cruise?’….

Whilst cost and value for money are important (especially in these difficult times) there are times you can never get again…As a couple we were firm believers that we would make our holidays as special as we could. No regrets.

• Like 2