Goodbye Mr Chemmo but the heart will go on….

chemmo

9 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

Our condolences on your loss, yet happy to know that you will possibly continue the tradition...

All the best and bon voyage

On New Years Eve my husband looked each of us in the eye and wished us a wonderful 2023. He knew he wouldn’t be with us but did want us to continue to enjoy life to the full. We do have cruises booked, when we are ready we will return to the sea…

• Like 10

9 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

So very sorry for your loss and my deepest prayers and sympathy to you and your family ❤️ I love the toast that you made and will start making it with my husband in honor of you and your husband ❤️ Cheers to your many years of happiness together 🍷

Thank you! 

Although we have made the toast ‘Making it count…’ for many years in many venues it has always been extra special when cruising….We used to always dine in Tuscan Grill first night of a cruise and make the toast with our first drink as we saw the port slip into the distance and day drift into night…Magical moments…

• Like 5

9 hours ago, shellunderwater said:

Sorry for your loss.

I'm sure you posts have helped others share your love of cruising and have improved others experiences. 

Part of him lives on in all who benefitted from his information and advice.  I hope that realization helps you during this difficult time.

Part of the pleasure of cruising for us has been the planning and anticipation…We have both loved asking questions on CC and answering the queries of others. We always felt very much a part of the CC family, hence my reporting his loss. ‘Chemmo’ will continue, I will still be following and posting…

• Like 3

9 hours ago, swigso said:

Hi 
I think we sailed with you both in 2018 did you go on the Silvermoon in Barbados

in any event I am sorry for your loss and having lost my spouse understand 

the the pain you will be feeling. One thing I remember was a friend telling me not be sad that she has gone but be happy that she was here. God Bless. 

We did not go on the Silvermoon in Barbados…

Like you friend said, it is important to focus on how blessed we were to enjoy the time we had…

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

What sad news.   Chemmo has been a longtime trusted contributor to CC and this board in particular.   I always enjoyed hearing from him and respected is information and opinion.

I will definitely miss him and can only offer my condolence in your incredible loss.  Wish I could reach out and hug you so will send a virtual hug. 

Virtual hugs are much appreciated.

Like yourself, posting live has always enriched our cruise experience. We loved to be able to pass on factual information or tips that may help other cruisers and also to simply share our experience.

During the last few challenging months we have been vicariously enjoying the live posts of others, especially yours…Until I feel ready to cruise again I will continue to do so.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, wendyam76 said:

I am so sorry for your loss. Your posts were always so kind and your sense of humour shone through. I always remember your lost luggage and the little black dress. May your memories help in the days ahead.

My little posh frock seems to have a life of its own, regularly resurfacing in a range of posts….

My husband would be so amused to see it mentioned once again, especially in this post! I do still have the dress I think I need to wear it first night when I have the courage to cruise once again…

• Like 6

6 hours ago, raudacruise said:

So very sorry for your loss.  I’ll raise a glass to Mr. & Mrs. chemmo “Making it count” when I board Silhouette in a couple weeks.

I’ve always enjoyed and appreciated the live reports and informative, reliable posts.

May you be blessed with fair winds and following seas.

Sincere best wishes for a wonderful cruise…Silhouette is our favourite ship…

• Like 2

Oh Chemmo, the tears are coursing down my cheeks.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I never knew two of you were posting.  Yes, I am so glad you have memories and not dreams.  I wonder if you have books of your cruises, so you can look at them and live the cruise again and again.

I do hope you and your son and DIL will cruise again and enjoy yourselves.

I have so enjoyed your posts over the years.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

Oh Chemmo, the tears are coursing down my cheeks.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I never knew two of you were posting.  Yes, I am so glad you have memories and not dreams.  I wonder if you have books of your cruises, so you can look at them and live the cruise again and again.

I do hope you and your son and DIL will cruise again and enjoy yourselves.

I have so enjoyed your posts over the years.

We have enjoyed your posts too.

I was the ‘typist’ in our joint CC venture. When we did live posts we would discuss what to write…I would draft and read to Mr Chemmo. He would invariably think of something important I had missed, add more factual information and check my spelling! Following his edit we would then post.

We have many wonderful cruise photographs and land holiday photographs too…condolences today have been coming in from Australia and the USA as well as the UK from friends we have made over so many years…So many people don’t get to do what we have…We have visited so many wonderful places, made so many wonderful friends…In the months before we lost my husband we had many happy afternoons reminiscing our adventures…

We feel very blessed.

• Like 9

My husband and I are so sorry to hear of your loss. May you find comfort in your memories. 

I am now back in Mayo Clinic and we want you to know that we are following your mantra to “make it count.”  We have upgraded our cruises to RS and PH—staying in the Equinox PH for the 1st time last fall. What an experience—and made even better b/c of your wonderful suggestion of drafting a letter to the butler. 

I hope to be discharged by next week and we plan to stay strong for our next cruise—a B2B on the Silhouette (your favorite) next month…with a copy of our request letter for the butler and planning our 1st dinner in Tuscan Grill. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, villauk said:

So sorry to hear of your loss. Over the years, we have spoken many times of our enjoyment of making wonderful memories travelling with our respective families - may you treasure all of your special times together.

I remember many of our shared conversations. I seem to remember chat about when our respective children were no longer cruising with us. Our son never stopped cruising with us! As a young adult he holidayed with friends but somehow always managed to fit in a cruise with us too. Then as he met his fiancée we thought the end of our family cruises would happen but no, she simply joined us too. The close bond my husband and son share is, I am sure, partially due to the quality time they spent cruising. Wonderful memories!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, peanut head said:

My husband and I are so sorry to hear of your loss. May you find comfort in your memories. 

I am now back in Mayo Clinic and we want you to know that we are following your mantra to “make it count.”  We have upgraded our cruises to RS and PH—staying in the Equinox PH for the 1st time last fall. What an experience—and made even better b/c of your wonderful suggestion of drafting a letter to the butler. 

I hope to be discharged by next week and we plan to stay strong for our next cruise—a B2B on the Silhouette (your favorite) next month…with a copy of our request letter for the butler and planning our 1st dinner in Tuscan Grill. 

Sincere best wishes for a full recovery. So pleased you are also ‘making it count’.

Many people assume it is only the rich who book higher suites when in reality many, like us, are simply choosing to enjoy life the best we can. On our last few cruises mobility was becoming an issue for both of us. We could no longer easily  enjoy the sightseeing but we could still enjoy the sea and the ship! 

The Silhouette really is a wonderful ship. We loved our last cruise on her, especially the extra speciality dining venues. Please post when you are on board. It would be lovely to follow your adventures.

• Like 1

This thread has been increasingly difficult to read through my tears. I will always be grateful to CC for introducing me to Mrs Chemmo who has become my friend off-board and been a huge support to me over the years. We have never met in person, but I have had the privilege of learning that her intelligent and calming presence on CC is true in real life. Both Mr and Mrs Chemmo, as well as their son and future daughter-in-law, have lived the past several months with the utmost dignity, bravery and shared love. 

I join with you all in saying "RIP Mr Chemmo" and "thank you Mrs Chemmo".

• Like 3