Upgrade Fairy - Is loopy

ashkir

Got contacted by the "upgrade fairy" today. Their offer was a worse cabin for double the price it's currently listed on the website. 😂

Currently on Panorama deck 8 ocean view

Upgrade offer was deck 1 oceanview... Deck 1 is often turned into the COVID floor still, don't wanna be on deck 1. They also want $500 for the upgrade...

I found this amusing. I declined it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Just now, ashkir said:

Got contacted by the "upgrade fairy" today. Their offer was a worse cabin for double the price it's currently listed on the website. 😂

Upgrade offer was deck 1 oceanview... Deck 1 is often turned into the COVID floor still, don't wanna be on deck 1. They also want $500 for the upgrade...

LOL!!!  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ashkir said:

Upsell fairy is for the benefit of the cruise line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wemjam said:

LOL!!!  

I had a good laugh too! I got an unusual panorama room that has a small window, not really a real oceanview more of an interior. But, not paying to "downgrade" to the COVID floor. 

The best upgrade I ever got was 10 years ago to Alaska, from an interior. Carnival wanted $80 to upgrade to a balcony., 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ashkir said:

I had a good laugh too! I got an unusual panorama room that has a small window, not really a real oceanview more of an interior. But, not paying to "downgrade" to the COVID floor. 

The best upgrade I ever got was 10 years ago to Alaska, from an interior. Carnival wanted $80 to upgrade to a balcony., 

Ah ya, that one would certainly be a "yes" please.

For YEARS of sailing, probably 35+ cruises we never had one upgrade offer.  In the last few years we started getting them here or there, but usually they aren't that great of a deal so we pass.  I have taken one or two though.

Edited by wemjam
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Do yall actually get phone calls?  Mine just say them in my cruise manager.

Upcoming cruise in February, I got an email notification and in cruise manager, probably over a month ago, well in advance.

Last cruise in June last year, I got a phone call the day before.

I feel like last minute cancellations are filled with phone call offers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ashkir said:

Is it possible that the upsell was to a deluxe oceanview?  I agree that $500 is a bit much for that, but a deluxe oceanview would technically be consider an upgrade.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ashkir said:

Ocean view on Panorama deck 8? Sure about that?

https://www.carnival.com/cruise-ships/carnival-panorama.aspx?gclid=CjwKCAiA2fmdBhBpEiwA4CcHzbameXz6iS9CbMTwvjm7brFrOSdmnn2iQmVqpq3WkZarvdzlrcPnfxoCxbsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#deck-plans

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madera cruiser said:

Looks to me all deck 8 outside are balconies…. 🧐

• Like 2

Yeah, they keep trying to get our party to take an "upgrade" balcony cabin from our door-to-door cove balconies. The "upgrades" aren't even next to each other and our sailing is already slim pickings for staterooms at this point. So they want us to give up our door-to-door cove balcony cabins splitting up our party, for the few left over options on higher floors, for $66 per cabin. That's crazy! I am glad I know better and feel sorry for those that don't because they make you feel like they are offering you something better.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ashkir said:

That was a very good deal!

20 hours ago, madera cruiser said:

He probably has one of those rooms at the very front of the boat that has a window but is technically an inside room as your view is a walkway at the front of the boat.  That's probably why Carnival considers it an "upgrade" to go to an OV. However, I also would not consider it an upgrade as many of those rooms at the front of the boat tend to be a little bigger, the location on a higher deck is nicer and it is nice to be able to just walk out the side door and have that big area at the front of the ship.

However, deck 8 doesn't even have those rooms because of the bridge so maybe he is on a different deck like deck 9. 

Edited by Eli_6

5 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

He probably has one of those rooms at the very front of the boat that has a window but is technically an inside room as your view is a walkway at the front of the boat.  That's probably why Carnival considers it an "upgrade" to go to an OV. However, I also would not consider it an upgrade as many of those rooms at the front of the boat tend to be a little bigger, the location on a higher deck is nicer and it is nice to be able to just walk out the side door and have that big area at the front of the ship.

However, deck 8 doesn't even have those rooms because of the bridge so maybe he is on a different deck like deck 9. 

Bridge, so unless he’s driving I would say no. 🤣

• Haha 3

I received a call today for my 1/28/23 Magic cruise for an upsell on our interior with picture window deck 6 to a balcony on deck 6 for $400, we took it! I think it is a good deal! Not sure why because the ship has been sold out for weeks.

1 hour ago, kbh2 said:

I received a call today for my 1/28/23 Magic cruise for an upsell on our interior with picture window deck 6 to a balcony on deck 6 for $400, we took it! I think it is a good deal! Not sure why because the ship has been sold out for weeks.

Sold out never means all cabins are full.  It means no more lifeboat seats 

• Like 1

My best upgrade was an Oceanview to an ocean suite. Got the call the morning of and only had to pay 100 bucks. I was even almost able to use obc. That didn't work out though. The cool part was it was may families first cruise. My 4th I think but their first.