Current CD on Riviera

LadyCruisers

1 hour ago, Orator said:

Paul Baya is the CD.

Nice to see he is still on her. He was our CD on Riviera 12/21 in the W. Caribbean. Very friendly. And he put together a nice afternoon veterans get-together in Martinis on an early sea day. Left a lasting impression on me and I did the same while on Sirena (11/22), after talking to CD Dottie.

33 minutes ago, Robjame said:

Paul will be leaving Riviera on Jan 31. 

He will take a break and then begins a contract on Vista. He rejoins Riviera on her Asian tour.

Did he mention who will be taking over on Riviera? 

The new CD for Riviera is new to Oceania.  Paul told me he’s coming over from Princess and is a high tech guy.  Paul said his trivia games will be via PowerPoint, and he plans other changes. Paul and the new guy will overlap their duties as a training experience. 

22 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

The new CD for Riviera is new to Oceania.  Paul told me he’s coming over from Princess and is a high tech guy.  Paul said his trivia games will be via PowerPoint, and he plans other changes. Paul and the new guy will overlap their duties as a training experience. 

We’ll be on Riviera in March and that sounds dreadful! I can’t imagine trivia via PowerPoint. 

20 minutes ago, kitty9 said:

That sounds interesting. I hope this new CD is very personable too. Our very first Oceania cruise is March 2nd.
We just got off a holiday cruise on the Viking Star, where their new female CD is amazingly vivacious, funny, and talented. Also very guest service response oriented. After the creative programs and events she had for both Christmas and New Years, I’m afraid we’ve been spoiled. But someone who’s been with Princess a while might be great too. 

21 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

That sounds interesting. I hope this new CD is very personable too. Our very first Oceania cruise is March 2nd.
We just got off a holiday cruise on the Viking Star, where their new female CD is amazingly vivacious, funny, and talented. Also very guest service response oriented. After the creative programs and events she had for both Christmas and New Years, I’m afraid we’ve been spoiled. But someone who’s been with Princess a while might be great too. 

Im looking forward to meeting a new CD..

Jancruz1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mariastreby said:

we are on the Viking Star in March, using up our Covid credits. O is now our line of choice.

but looking forward to a vivacious CD. Hope she will still be there.

What type of activities did you have available to you during the day?

Since this is an O topic, can you email me ....

johthomas100z at gmail dot com

yes it is

johthomas 100z at gmail dot com

2 hours ago, Mariastreby said:

We're on that cruise also.  We're doing a B2B and will be on the March 12 cruise, too.  We loved Paul---he's funny, personable and fun.  He makes a great comedian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kitty9 said:

We're on that cruise also.  We're doing a B2B and will be on the March 12 cruise, too.  We loved Paul---he's funny, personable and fun.  He makes a great comedian.

Stu and I are on March 12 also.., so very ready to cruise!! Have I seen you on the roll call??

Jancruz1

Just now, Jancruz said:

Stu and I are on March 12 also.., so very ready to cruise!! Have I seen you on the roll call??

Jancruz1

Haven't been on the roll call yet.  We just got home on Saturday from Dec23 to Jan 14 cruises.  Had a great time.  We had so many cruise credits from the Covid cruise that had to be used by then.  Now, we're on the two March cruises.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

They have  had  some CD's from Princess before  most were not a good fit

One guy was like Dottie loved the PA system😲

The announcements got to be a bit much from Dottie.  I agree, the Princess CD’s haven’t meshed well with O cruisers. 

9 hours ago, kitty9 said:

The announcements got to be a bit much from Dottie.  I agree, the Princess CD’s haven’t meshed well with O cruisers. 

Agreed, last night and for the second night in a row Dottie felt the need to make an announcement while my wife and I were dancing to the band in Horizons during happy hour. It was annoying, especially the second time.

18 hours ago, kitty9 said:

Because they are larger ships, Princess CDs have long done their trivia on PowerPoint.  It just means that the questions are written out and projected on the screens in the venue being used for trivia.  If one is a visual person, as I am, being able to read the questions as well as having them read to you is actually very helpful.

Princess was our cruise line of choice for many years (Elite level).  But the ships are just getting too large, so we're trying out some other lines.  Our cruise next month will be our first on Oceania and we have a Viking Ocean on tap as well. 

On Princess, we had wonderful CDs and not-so-wonderful.  Luck of the draw and also, like food, very subjective.  We had a young and enthusiastic CD on our last Princess cruise in August 2022--Kristoff Greyling, a South African.  I see from the Princess boards he left his ship in December.  I would be thrilled if he were to be the new CD with Oceania on Riviera.  He did not overwhelm with announcements but ran a variety of fun activities.  I'd never been one for the games in venues after dinner, but his were addictive.  Very personable and out and about interacting with passengers.  I'm not sure what the "O style" for a CD is, but Kristoff was one of the best CDs I've had on any line.

23 minutes ago, loriva said:

Because they are larger ships, Princess CDs have long done their trivia on PowerPoint.  It just means that the questions are written out and projected on the screens in the venue being used for trivia.  If one is a visual person, as I am, being able to read the questions as well as having them read to you is actually very helpful.

Trivia  is usually in Martinis  so no screen to project questions on 

wonder how that will work ?

15 minutes ago, loriva said:

Princess, we had wonderful CDs and not-so-wonderful.  Luck of the draw and also, like food, very subjective.  We had a young and enthusiastic CD on our last Princess cruise in August 2022--Kristoff Greyling, a South African.  I see from the Princess boards he left his ship in December.  I would be thrilled if he were to be the new CD with Oceania on Riviera.  He did not overwhelm with announcements but ran a variety of fun activities.  I'd never been one for the games in venues after dinner, but his were addictive.  Very personable and out and about interacting with passengers.  I'm not sure what the "O style" for a CD is, but Kristoff was one of the best CDs I've had on any line.

He sounds like the kind of CD I respond to. Viking’s CDs come up the ranks exclusively within Viking’s entertainment groups. They’ve all been singers/dancers on the ships for several years, and are encouraged to mingle with passengers during all social or special events onboard. I’ve gotten to know several fairly fairly well by the end of a 2 week cruise. So they get to watch what works and what doesn’t, and also get to see different CD styles as their contracts have them rotating between ships. 

Sure hope we get a person who sounds like Kristoff. What things was this Dottie announcing? Just always reminding people of events coming up in the next couple of hours? People should know enough to have read the list of events already and made their plans accordingly. Anyway, I like the sound of dancing during Happy Hour.  But maybe that’s the later one, rather than the pre dinner time…?

For both of you on the March 12th cruise (we may add it on to the March 2nd one), just know that when you visit Charleston, it should be at the height of azalea blooming season. Spectacular there! We live 90 minutes north, and go down a lot. The bushes and trees will be particularly on display on the grounds of any of the plantations’ that you might choose to visit. 

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Trivia  is usually in Martinis  so no screen to project questions on 

wonder how that will work ?

On our B2B that started Dec 23, trivia was held in the Theater.  Night time trivia was held in Horizons.  The one and only Guess That Tune was in Martinis.

Edited by kitty9
  • Thanks 2