SHOWS ON ANTHEM OF THE SEAS

20 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello ~ for any recent cruisers on the Anthem of the Seas, do you still have to make reservations for the theater shows?  Not seeing anything on line but the Spectra's Cabaret show which we saw on a previous sailing and didn't care for.

Thanks.

I also did not care for it

I loved the We will Rock you in main theatre.

As for reservations, each ship is rolling out onto the website for precruise booking.

But also, most of the shows there will be a stand by line and it is very easy to get in on the upper levels as well just at showtime.

5 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Spectra doesn't require reservations.  That shows on the website right now but the other shows do not.

I'm on the Anthem now. Reservations are required. Where are you getting your information from? It's wrong.

On 1/13/2023 at 12:28 AM, mets123 said:

I'm on the Anthem now. Reservations are required. Where are you getting your information from? It's wrong.

We have an upcoming cruise on Anthem in April.  Could you tell me what shows are playing now?  Is We Will Rock You still there?

On 1/15/2023 at 1:25 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

Well, strangely enough I got an email yesterday to get ready for my cruise and make my reservations.  The only thing that shows is Spectra and says it doesn't need reservations.  The two other shows are not showing at all.

We also were just off the Anthem and no matter how you want to spin it, you need reservations for Spectra. If not you will just take your chances with the others that followed your advice.

Ourselves, we weren't that impressed with Spectra and since we are a bit long in the tooth, we really weren't fans of We Will Rock You either. Add to that The Gift which we sort of dozed off during so all in all, we weren't that impressed with that part of the entertainment.

Cheers

Len

2 hours ago, Sun Lover said:

We have an upcoming cruise on Anthem in April.  Could you tell me what shows are playing now?  Is We Will Rock You still there?

This was an 11 day cruise (January 2) but will give you an idea of shows.....20230117_191640.thumb.jpg.3fdde33349476b92836de52d842f128e.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 1/17/2023 at 6:48 PM, Giantfan13 said:

We also were just off the Anthem and no matter how you want to spin it, you need reservations for Spectra. If not you will just take your chances with the others that followed your advice.

Ourselves, we weren't that impressed with Spectra and since we are a bit long in the tooth, we really weren't fans of We Will Rock You either. Add to that The Gift which we sort of dozed off during so all in all, we weren't that impressed with that part of the entertainment.

Cheers

Len

Thanks Len ~ we saw Spectra a few years ago and weren't impressed either so whether it's reservation or not, we won't be seeing it.  We will probably enjoy the rock show.  Not sure what the gift is about but if we don't like it we can leave.

DH and I were on a cruise last year where Cats was the show and soooo many people, including us, left after about 30 minutes.  I just don't know what all the hubbub was about that show ~ it was really boring!

6 hours ago, vadersprincess12 said:

mets123 ~ I'm getting the information from an email sent by Royal.  

Screenshot 2023-01-18 8.01.18 PM.png

It's telling you it's complementary and on those days,. It's doesn't discuss reservations. Why do you doubt people who were actually on the ship and had to make reservations?

• Like 2

Hi, I am a different mets (mets07). It is complimentary (free), but on Anthem they still require reservations for it.  FYI, about 10 minutes before the show, they do start letting people in who do not have reservations as long as there is room. 

It is simply because the particular space/location of the event is limited. I was able to make a reservation prior to the cruise. Hope this helps. Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 3:10 PM, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello ~ for any recent cruisers on the Anthem of the Seas, do you still have to make reservations for the theater shows?  Not seeing anything on line but the Spectra's Cabaret show which we saw on a previous sailing and didn't care for.

Thanks.

I'm going on Anthem for a second time.  The only show that's available to reserve before you board is "Spectra's Cabaret".  The others will have to be reserved once you board.

1 hour ago, vadersprincess12 said:

mets123 ~ I am doubting because you and others said reservations were required and their email to me shows it's complimentary. I think it's smarter to believe Royal ~ why is that so hard to understand?  You needn't bother to respond.

Complimentary does not mean that you don't need reservations.  It means that there is no charge for it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Complimentary does not mean that you don't need reservations.  It means that there is no charge for it.

Then Royal needs to work on it's communications.  They send me an email telling me it's time to plan my trip and show this as complimentary but there is no where at all to make a reservation.  If they can't be made until we board it would nice if they would communicate that!