Advertising

all2me

I am enjoying Celebrity’s TV commercial. Very inviting!  Lovely scenes and music makes me even more ready for our summer Med cruise! They show a large bowl of paella. Has anyone ever seen this served on board? Or do we need to eat it while still on land in Barcelona? I know it’s actually a Valencian dish…we do love it and would enjoy it….somewhere? Not easy to make and we have while in FL. Doubtful it’s done on ship…but they “show it”. Yum!

2 hours ago, all2me said:

I am enjoying Celebrity’s TV commercial. Very inviting!  Lovely scenes and music makes me even more ready for our summer Med cruise! They show a large bowl of paella. Has anyone ever seen this served on board? Or do we need to eat it while still on land in Barcelona? I know it’s actually a Valencian dish…we do love it and would enjoy it….somewhere? Not easy to make and we have while in FL. Doubtful it’s done on ship…but they “show it”. Yum!

It was served in the buffet on my TA this past fall.

Don't get your hopes up.  Same day made paella will probably be cut even though it's relatively easy to make it in mass quantities and keep warm.   Recent reports on CC suggest options and quality are being cut back in favor of casseroles like pasta and bread pudding that may come from mixes or frozen from food service providers.  Of course, this will be next to some cute cakes with neon frosting designed to distract.

Edited by Cap_D

Paella was served in the OBC cafe on Equinox in December when we were aboard for lunch one day, however it was only okay. The crust that we love on a well prepared paella was noticeably absent. It was only okay, not great.