Odyssey cabin suggestions

barb65

We are looking at a cruise on Odyssey of the Seas. Suggestions needed for a cabin location that has a balcony and a walk-in shower (no tub because of mobility issues). Price range is optional. Also any other pro/con comments about Odyssey would be appreciated. TIA!

6 minutes ago, barb65 said:

We are looking at a cruise on Odyssey of the Seas. Suggestions needed for a cabin location that has a balcony and a walk-in shower (no tub because of mobility issues). Price range is optional. Also any other pro/con comments about Odyssey would be appreciated. TIA!

We just sailed her in adjoining balcony cabins on deck 11. The cabins are beautiful and well laid out. The shower seemed roomier than on other ships I've sailed (Voyager and Freedom class). Just say away from deck 6 where your view could be obstructed by lifeboats. Happy sailing!

Stick with a cabin close to the forward or mid elevators/stairs. Anything located mid hump is an excellent location. Stay with deck 7-12. If you are interested in a JS any of the J4's center ship on the hump all have s separate walk in shower as well as a separate tub with a split bathroom set up. 

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2023 at 3:05 PM, barb65 said:

13 hours ago, robandlil said:

Does anyone know how obstructed cabin 6194 is?

or how I could find out?

I’d love to see deck plans that displayed where the lifeboats are, or a picture of the balcony.

A while back @twangster posted a thread that is very useful in determining the "best" obstructed balcony cabins on Odyssey:

I used it to pick an obstructed balcony cabin for our Greek Isles cruise last May and nailed it! We had cabin 6622, which as can be seen from the pics below is barely obstructed at all. The one next door (6624) is even less obstructed but it's a 3-berth so may not be available if booking just for two.

In the pics below, the first four were taken standing at the balcony railing and the last two from a seated position on the deck chairs. The small seating area below us was rarely used so we were never inconvenienced and the smoking area on Odyssey is on the port side so you don't have issues with errant cigarette smoke here either.

PXL_20220508_174055347.thumb.jpg.de0648d8ccb04ba0f8b5b972cc0d388a.jpg

PXL_20220508_174120873.thumb.jpg.249c3f556501c4e7119043255db1740b.jpg

PXL_20220508_174050018.thumb.jpg.fa90f60b5f16cc540cae37ce7f96d908.jpg

PXL_20220510_034929303.thumb.jpg.e764ef8335e29b856f482552a1f1b64a.jpg

PXL_20220510_115926237.thumb.jpg.b09809f84f309eac487d56c3ed5121f2.jpg

PXL_20220510_120154094.thumb.jpg.ecc6187a62b1e60b6fa46482946b9c6d.jpg

On 2/25/2023 at 7:38 AM, Cruise a holic said:

If price is not an option, I would consider a suite.  A much better experience. They have accessible suite cabins.  Enjoy

Just an FYI.  We won a RoyalUp to an accessible JS 9246 Dec 2022.  (Royal releases unsold accessible cabins within 30 days of sailing.) There is a separate wheel in shower with fold down seat as well as a bathtub with safety rails.  It is important to note however that while these cabins afford ample room and a generous balcony, there is extremely limited storage space.  We are Diamond and have never been in a room with so little storage.  The bathroom has zero.  Yep. Not even a shelf for a cup. I was aware of this ahead of time so packed an over the door organizer - it was a life saver as I hate clutter!  As far as cabin storage, there are 2 narrow closets, one on each side of the bed and three small drawers under the lamp table.  And that is it. Check out the online videos before you book.

• 11 months later...

Sorry I asked this on another thread - and I don't know if you will see it as I don't think you were OP.  ANYWAY, do you recall if 6622 had any noise issues from the 5th deck below (or smells from Wonderland)?  I just booked this room for my in-laws and I don't want to disappoint them if that's the case (and have opportunity still to change).  

OOPS - this is not a good thread either to ask as the person I want the answer from is not the OP on this thread either...sorry I looked at the wrong name!

Edited by birdlord

19 hours ago, birdlord said:

Sorry I asked this on another thread - and I don't know if you will see it as I don't think you were OP.  ANYWAY, do you recall if 6622 had any noise issues from the 5th deck below (or smells from Wonderland)?  I just booked this room for my in-laws and I don't want to disappoint them if that's the case (and have opportunity still to change).  

OOPS - this is not a good thread either to ask as the person I want the answer from is not the OP on this thread either...sorry I looked at the wrong name!

@birdlord, I replied on the other thread you posted on but you didn't say anything about smells on that one. So just to address that point, no we did not notice any smells at all.

• Like 1