Specialty restaurants

snorkle lover

We will be on a fourteen day cruise ( Splendor) and would like to know how many specialty restaurant reservations will we be able to make. I understand that we are able to make more than the allotted number once on board. Our dinning reservations open soon and I want to be ready with our choices based on our excursions etc.

Thank you

It depends on the itinerary. We were on a 16 night cruise last July on Splendor and we were able to prebook two dinners per specialty restaurant. The cruise was a combination of two shorter itineraries (Norwegian Fjords and Baltic Sea) but was not a B2B as the parts could not be booked separately. We were allowed to book each specialty once per “segment”. 

We were surprised that we were able to prebook six specialty dinners but we’re happy to take advantage of the opportunity. 

what is your 14 day itinerary?

We are on a B2B (one booking number) in February and have 6 advance dining reservations (one per venue per segment)

1 hour ago, Pcardad said:

You get to book once visit per location per booking number

I think you mean one per location per segment

23 hours ago, Pcardad said:

You get to book once visit per location per booking number (in advance). So, if you have two cruises with different booking numbers (not B2B), you get to book twice per location.

I guess my experience is the exception that proves the rule. Our cruise was one segment, not a B2B, with one booking number. It was only available as a 16 night cruise. We were able to book each restaurant twice in advance. 

Edited by jeb_bud
Clarification

Don't forget to watch the back page of Passages.  You'll be able to eat lunch whenever you wish in Prime 7 or Chartreuse as offered without reservations.  Some days its offered in one, the other or both restaurants.

The Sunday Brunch is not to be missed either!  Ours was fantastic in Compass Rose this past Sunday.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 11:58 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

Don't forget to watch the back page of Passages.  You'll be able to eat lunch whenever you wish in Prime 7 or Chartreuse as offered without reservations.  Some days its offered in one, the other or both restaurants.

Do Prime 7 and Chartreuse each have a fixed menu at lunch like they do for dinner?  Is the lunch menu the same in Prime 7 and Chartreuse on the days when both are open?  I presume they will be different from the dinner menus -- is that the case?  If they are fixed menu(s), are there also daily specials that are different each day?

I found the mostly fixed menu in Compass Rose on Mariner and Navigator a bit disappointing for 24 nights on board, with mostly the same offerings except for very few daily specials.  The same daily specials were also available at La Veranda, as well as other dishes that changed daily.  I prefer table service, but sometimes there was just not enough variety in Compass Rose IMO.  The food was terrific, though, and this is certainly not a big complaint.

6 hours ago, SusieQft said:

Do Prime 7 and Chartreuse each have a fixed menu at lunch like they do for dinner?  Is the lunch menu the same in Prime 7 and Chartreuse on the days when both are open?  I presume they will be different from the dinner menus -- is that the case?  If they are fixed menu(s), are there also daily specials that are different each day?

Lunch menus (fixed/regular items) in P7 & Chartreuse differ from each other and are totally different from the evening offerings.

From memory the lunchtime daily specials are the same in P7, Chartreuse & La Veranda

• Thanks 1

This past Dec we found the lunch menus in the speciality restaurants to be the same as the lunch menu in the past in Compass Rose. We too like table service and would always eat in Compass Rose for all three meals if possible. Compass Rose is open on sea days on the Navigator (this past Dec) but not on the new Ships. I found many of my long time favorites from past cruises on the Navigator and Mariner on the lunch menu in Dec in Splendors speciality restaurants.. The lunch menus are very different from the dinner menu and not really steakhouse, French or Asian . The

Dinner menus were the same each night in the different restaurants. 

• Thanks 1

I have never seen either Prime 7 or chartreuse open for lunch, most recently on the Voyager.  Maybe I am not looking at the right section in passages?  If someone could share a snapshot of this option I would appreciate it!