New to Celebrity: how can soft drink be so confusing?? Anyone on board or recently disembarked please?

lahore

6 minutes ago, alfiemom said:

As Elite+, we used to (notice how I put that) got 3 drinks during happy hour every evening expect the first night.  We don’t drink, so one of use would go up to the OV bar and get six cans of soft drinks….3 each.  That held up nicely.  Leaving March 27 on Silly and hope that hasn’t changed.

I believe it is unlimited now so bring a shopping cart 🤣

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2023 at 3:14 AM, lahore said:

Australia: proudly the only country in the world where Starbucks bombed big time. Melbourne in particular sent them running with their tail between their legs. 

Just checked Starbucks website and there are 7 stores in Melbourne so the coffee snobs didn't exactly scare them off. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, shopping is fun said:

Can you get fountain sodas (diet coke) at the bars without a drink package? How much is a diet coke (not a can, just a fountain drink)? 

I came across a post on here where someone had posted the Cafe Al Bacio menus from July 2022, and sodas were listed at $3.  Don't know if fountain or can, and of course it seems like everything keeps going up and up, but I'd guess it shouldn't be too far off that these days.

5 hours ago, Vagabond Knight said:

I came across a post on here where someone had posted the Cafe Al Bacio menus from July 2022, and sodas were listed at $3.  Don't know if fountain or can, and of course it seems like everything keeps going up and up, but I'd guess it shouldn't be too far off that these days.

I didn't think Al Bacio had a fountain since it is a coffee shop.

17 hours ago, shopping is fun said:

Can you get fountain sodas (diet coke) at the bars without a drink package? How much is a diet coke (not a can, just a fountain drink)? 

If you do not have a drink package you will be served a can of soda.

• Thanks 1

On 1/27/2023 at 7:53 AM, Petie Mac said:

Once onboard, we were able to buy a soda only package for about nine dollars a day. It was not good for use in the room but you could use it in all the bars, lounges and Oceanview cafe.  This was not available to purchase prior to the cruise.  This was in August, 2022.

This is no longer true.  They stopped offering sodas only package.  You can buy individually for $4-$5 each.

On 2/7/2023 at 8:18 AM, Obobru said:

Just checked Starbucks website and there are 7 stores in Melbourne so the coffee snobs didn't exactly scare them off. 

Mate, I live there so I think I know what happens in Melbourne.   You do realise Melbourne is a massive, spread out city right?  So seven Starbucks is nothing, particularly in comparison to the thousands in USA, and those that survived are all full of Americans and Asians.  Very rarely do you see any locals in there.  

• Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 7:00 PM, LB_NJ said:

Australia may be different. Just off a Constellation cruise, cruise ended Feb 3.  As we had the non-classic alcohol package (purchased it before they changed everything) didn't have to pay for sodas and espresso-based coffees.  As far as I can tell they charge for soda and espresso-based coffees for those pax without a package.  Espresso based coffees were around $5 each and were made well. 

Personally, I think the regular coffee on Celebrity is the worst at sea.  For all the time I was onboard I only tasted the regular brewed coffee once just to be sure it was as bad as I remembered from a previous cruise.

I did not see 7-up anywhere.

Pretty sure Celebrity is a "Coke" company so they have Sprite instead of 7-up. I can't drink caffeine, so I looked everywhere for something that wasn't Sprite. They have orange and root beer,  no caffeine-free colas on board.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

Pretty sure Celebrity is a "Coke" company so they have Sprite instead of 7-up. I can't drink caffeine, so I looked everywhere for something that wasn't Sprite. They have orange and root beer,  no caffeine-free colas on board.  

Occasionally I have seen caffeine free coke on the ship 

11 hours ago, mtnlvr53 said:

I always had ginger ale.  They even had Gosling's Ginger Beer to make a Dark and Stormy.

• Thanks 1

Can anyone please update me as to what drinks you are allowed between the hours of 5 pm and 7 pm and are these available at any bar - we are elite plus.

Also are you allowed to bring on 1 or 2 bottles of wine/prosecco per person to drink in your cabin.  Will we need to carry these in our hand luggage.  We are sailing out of Southampton.

Many thanks.

2 hours ago, MAGSMFC said:

Can anyone please update me as to what drinks you are allowed between the hours of 5 pm and 7 pm and are these available at any bar - we are elite plus.

Also are you allowed to bring on 1 or 2 bottles of wine/prosecco per person to drink in your cabin.  Will we need to carry these in our hand luggage.  We are sailing out of Southampton.

Many thanks.

As Elite plus you should know it is 2 in your carry on, 2 in your check bag , 2 in your partners carry on and 2 in their checked bag 😁

if you do a google search for Celebrity HH drink menu you should be able to see some pictures 😉

On 2/11/2023 at 4:08 PM, lahore said:

Mate, I live there so I think I know what happens in Melbourne.   You do realise Melbourne is a massive, spread out city right?  So seven Starbucks is nothing, particularly in comparison to the thousands in USA, and those that survived are all full of Americans and Asians.  Very rarely do you see any locals in there.  

I lived in Melbourne for 10 years and fully agree with Lahore. The 7 Starbucks stores that remain are conveniently located in tourist hot spots, there to attract tourists who are looking for something familiar.

Simply put it, Australians who enjoy decent coffee are often found at their local cafe (family owned), using high quality beans sourced from sustainable sources, with coffee based off espresso shots and not drowned in sugar and artificial flavours. American style coffee is usually pumped full of sugar and flavours, or drip coffee, and is simply a different style of coffee to what Australians enjoy. Drip coffee, which is water based is not very popular in Australia, our closest similar product would be a long black. Most Australians drink an espresso based coffee, finished with hot milk.

I would agree that while onboard the coffee is average - even at Cafe al Bacio. Often the milk is scalding and the quality of coffee low and quite bitter (please don't come at me and suggest adding sugar, because I happily drink coffee without). Of course you will still find me there every morning, but it's not the quality I'm use to.

• Thanks 1

For the OP:

At least in the US and Europe, Celebrity is a ‘Coke product’ company. My DH drinks Pepsi (not coke) products. On our last 11-night cruise in January, we took a 12-pack of 16 oz Pepsi in our carry-ons (screw top bottles.) He reinforced his stash with whatever Pepsi he could find n ports. Good luck!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DingoMom said:

For the OP:

At least in the US and Europe, Celebrity is a ‘Coke product’ company. My DH drinks Pepsi (not coke) products. On our last 11-night cruise in January, we took a 12-pack of 16 oz Pepsi in our carry-ons (screw top bottles.) He reinforced his stash with whatever Pepsi he could find n ports. Good luck!!!

If I did not know better I would have thought you were talking about me!  

• Haha 1