Riviera re-inspiration

jjeffjb

We are currently onboard Riviera in a standard balcony stateroom.  The new bath design is a game changer.  It feels spacious and luxurious.  The stateroom re-inspiration is lovely.  With regards to the public rooms, it doesn't feel like there's been a major change.  In part, because they've kept all of the art work.  The furnishing mostly retain there design but with a more neutral color palette. It is the staterooms where the transformation is most apparent.  All in all, the ship feels and looks fantastic.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 4

Wifi can be hit or miss.  As for charging outlets in the room, I felt there were plenty.  Each side of the bed, at the desk, in the bathroom.  I do feel their Wifi is in need of updating compared to other cruise lines.  Cumbersome to  switch from one device to another IMO.  Long line the first day with all kinds of folks trying to figure out how to get on line on their devices.  I do wish Oceania would develop an app like so many other cruise lines have done.  Did not like to have to look on the TV to find out menus for the evening when an app would provide that plus what was going on during the day.  Love Celebrity's app.

• Like 2

The reinspiration of the cabins is a work of genius. They feel so much more airy. the bathroom is the work of a magician! So much storage. 

The rest of the ship…. Minor changes. The ice cream and smoothie bar next to the pool is a great move, but the tiles next to it were a really bad idea, I burnt my feet on them, and a couple of days later a mat appeared on them. 

The mew pizza offering is a great idea and the pizza are really good. This was way overdue as the waves space in the evening was so wasted. 

Now we just need Toscana revamped to something less …. Dated, and it will be wonderful!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, alainciao said:

Is the closet still next to the bed in the veranda staterooms?

Yes - I don’t think there is any change to the layout of the veranda stateroom. Change (for the better) to bathroom layout Yes. 

• Like 1

Be aware that not all cabins got a new bathroom. I was in a Penthouse Suite from 1/4-1/14 and it had the old bathroom layout. I was aware of this before the trip and tried to move but nothing came available. The bedroom decor is a huge improvement. Wifi still terrible, even after upgrading to the supposed better package. I was still struggling to stream anything.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

and regatta in sept....not sure when it was refitted if at all....

We’re also sailing Regatta in September on our first O cruise & their website states the ship was refurbished & re-inspired in 2019.

The better-than-new Regatta blends sophistication with a contemporary flair to create a casually elegant ambiance that embodies the most treasured elements of our celebrated ships. Every surface of every suite and stateroom is entirely new, while in the public spaces, a refreshed color palette of soft sea and sky tones surrounds a tasteful renewal of fabrics, furnishings and lighting fixtures that exquisitely encompasses the inimitable style and comfort of Oceania Cruises”.

3 hours ago, ChicagoAlli said:

Be aware that not all cabins got a new bathroom. I was in a Penthouse Suite from 1/4-1/14 and it had the old bathroom layout. I was aware of this before the trip and tried to move but nothing came available. The bedroom decor is a huge improvement. Wifi still terrible, even after upgrading to the supposed better package. I was still struggling to stream anything.

How did you know which rooms got the bathroom remake? We will be in PH2 in March.

2 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’re also sailing Regatta in September on our first O cruise & their website states the ship was refurbished & re-inspired in 2019.

The better-than-new Regatta blends sophistication with a contemporary flair to create a casually elegant ambiance that embodies the most treasured elements of our celebrated ships. Every surface of every suite and stateroom is entirely new, while in the public spaces, a refreshed color palette of soft sea and sky tones surrounds a tasteful renewal of fabrics, furnishings and lighting fixtures that exquisitely encompasses the inimitable style and comfort of Oceania Cruises”.

We were on Regatta in the fall of 2019 and the refurb was very nice, but it's still an R class ship and if not in a suite the bathrooms are TINY.  Showers like a phone booth.  We've opted for a PH on Insignia in 2024 for that reason alone.

8 minutes ago, NeedToChill said:

Does anyone have refurbished PH room photos?

When we just got our printed materials yesterday, they included an updated picture of the veranda stateroom in one of the two booklets. Even though we are in an A1, every veranda stateroom looks the same, whether concierge or not. So at least they showed us what the cabin is like. I had assumed they’d do the same for you PH suite people.

Bummer, but I’ve seen one picture somewhere else on these boards. They got rid of those square chairs with the round table at the end of the bed. Now there are two nice upholstered benches there instead. Not as practical, but a good place for putting on your shoes. Or to throw things on, like your robe, swimsuit coverup, and just “stuff” to make your room messy. 🙄 Not sure where the new “extra” seated area is for enjoying room service. 

6 minutes ago, Mariastreby said:

Bummer, but I’ve seen one picture somewhere else on these boards. They got rid of those square chairs with the round table at the end of the bed. Now there are two nice upholstered benches there instead. Not as practical, but a good place for putting on your shoes. Or to throw things on, like your robe, swimsuit coverup, and just “stuff” to make your room messy. 🙄 Not sure where the new “extra” seated area is for enjoying room service. 

Wasn't there  a round table with chairs in the same photo??

1 hour ago, marieps said:

We were on Regatta in the fall of 2019 and the refurb was very nice, but it's still an R class ship and if not in a suite the bathrooms are TINY.  Showers like a phone booth.  We've opted for a PH on Insignia in 2024 for that reason alone.

Thanks for sharing your insights & to know about the TINY showers…wonder if they’re smaller than in most Princess cabins. Although we have used a tiny shower at home for many decades. ☺️

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Wasn't there  a round table with chairs in the same photo??

Yes, opposite the love seat.

But at the bottom of the bed, in the photo I saw, there was one tiny bench.  It would definitely be better if there were indeed two of them!

I found the new colors dreary... it's a ship... why not use some nice blues, or at least a touch?

GC

• Like 1