Junior Suite Amenities

Hello,

It has been quite a while since I've sailed, and it looks as though many things about cruising on RC have changed.  My husband and I will be on the Allure out of Galveston in May, and our questions are about the Junior Suites.

First, are those of us in Junior Suites able to board with the other suites?  I know that in the past sometimes the Junior "Suite"  was in name only, and did not come with some of the suite privileges. 

Are there any Junior Suite amenities?

Thanks to those who respond.

22 minutes ago, texastennis said:

Hello,

It has been quite a while since I've sailed, and it looks as though many things about cruising on RC have changed.  My husband and I will be on the Allure out of Galveston in May, and our questions are about the Junior Suites.

First, are those of us in Junior Suites able to board with the other suites?  I know that in the past sometimes the Junior "Suite"  was in name only, and did not come with some of the suite privileges. 

Are there any Junior Suite amenities?

Thanks to those who respond.

Your boarding/setsail pass should say 'suite' on it and you should be able to board through the suite line.  But you still need to check in (45 days before sail date) and choose what check-in/boarding area time you want.  The earlier times go quickly so if you wait, you'll end up with an afternoon boarding/check-in time.  On Allure, the other perks are mostly the same as other ships--2 points per night instead of 1 point per night, robes and a coffee maker (Lavazza espresso) in the room.  Bigger room and a bathroom with a tub/shower combo instead of the capsule shower.  The ONE difference for Oasis and Quantum class ships is that you are able to book dinners in the Coastal Kitchen (suite dining) if there is space available, but you do need reservations, so do that as soon as you board.  Coastal Kitchen is up on Deck 17, aft elevators.   The other suite perks such as the suite lounge, suite sun deck, reserved show seating, etc do not apply to Junior Suites.  

You are Sea Class on this list.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

22 hours ago, rockmom said:

Your boarding/setsail pass should say 'suite' on it and you should be able to board through the suite line.  But you still need to check in (45 days before sail date) and choose what check-in/boarding area time you want.  The earlier times go quickly so if you wait, you'll end up with an afternoon boarding/check-in time.  On Allure, the other perks are mostly the same as other ships--2 points per night instead of 1 point per night, robes and a coffee maker (Lavazza espresso) in the room.  Bigger room and a bathroom with a tub/shower combo instead of the capsule shower.  The ONE difference for Oasis and Quantum class ships is that you are able to book dinners in the Coastal Kitchen (suite dining) if there is space available, but you do need reservations, so do that as soon as you board.  Coastal Kitchen is up on Deck 17, aft elevators.   The other suite perks such as the suite lounge, suite sun deck, reserved show seating, etc do not apply to Junior Suites.  

You are Sea Class on this list.  https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

Is it always 45 days ahead for check in no matter which ship?  We'll be on Anthem in April and I'm trying to figure out what would be the earliest check in day.  Thanks.

2 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

Is it always 45 days ahead for check in no matter which ship?  We'll be on Anthem in April and I'm trying to figure out what would be the earliest check in day.  Thanks.

open up your sailing in the app.  Click on the little 'head' in the upper right hand side.  It should tell you what day check-in opens for you.  Also note, the check in ususally opens up just after midnight in the time zone where the ship will be sailing from.  

4 minutes ago, Sun Lover said:

My May 21st Anthem sailing opens for check in on April 5th. That's what shows when I open the app and click on the little head.  🙂 

22 hours ago, texastennis said:

I think that the biggest benefit is being able to dine in Costal Kitchen for dinner. As a JS, you won't be able to book prior to embarkation, so head directly to the restaurant and make reservations as soon as you embark. Dinner only. Reservations required. Many GS and above will have made their reservations prior to embarkation, so dates/times may be limited. 

19 minutes ago, rockmom said:

open up your sailing in the app.  Click on the little 'head' in the upper right hand side.  It should tell you what day check-in opens for you.  Also note, the check in ususally opens up just after midnight in the time zone where the ship will be sailing from.  

Just to make sure I understand if our cruise is in Europe and in the app says check-in is on 5/18 you are saying it would be the time of midnight in Barcelona so would need to do this on 5/17 at 6 pm EST?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CynBeth6 said:

Just to make sure I understand if our cruise is in Europe and in the app says check-in is on 5/18 you are saying it would be the time of midnight in Barcelona so would need to do this on 5/17 at 6 pm EST?

yes, that is usually how it works.  I checked in for my Odyssey sailing out of Rome this past summer shortly after midnight, Rome time.  Which was 3 pm pacific time since I'm 9 hours behind Italy.  But as long as you check in the day it opens up, you'll get a good spot.  

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

I think that the biggest benefit is being able to dine in Costal Kitchen for dinner. As a JS, you won't be able to book prior to embarkation, so head directly to the restaurant and make reservations as soon as you embark. Dinner only. Reservations required. Many GS and above will have made their reservations prior to embarkation, so dates/times may be limited. 

Hi, I'm staying in a GS on Ovation and I can't see an option to reserve Coastal Kitchen for dinner in the app. Is this something I should be able to do, or do I wait for to be contacted by the concierge? 

1 hour ago, Swarzet34 said:

Hi, I'm staying in a GS on Ovation and I can't see an option to reserve Coastal Kitchen for dinner in the app. Is this something I should be able to do, or do I wait for to be contacted by the concierge? 

You can't do it yourself.  You must do it through the concierge.  🙂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Swarzet34 said:

you can go to the restaurant on the first day and make reservations.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, rockmom said:

yes, that is usually how it works.  I checked in for my Odyssey sailing out of Rome this past summer shortly after midnight, Rome time.  Which was 3 pm pacific time since I'm 9 hours behind Italy.  But as long as you check in the day it opens up, you'll get a good spot.  

Thank you!  I am so glad to be on these boards I would have not been aware of this.

• 1 month later...

should i be concerned if my setsail pass doesn't say "suite" on it?  have JS on Odyssey for 3/25 sailing, and doesn't say suite anywhere on it currently.

On 1/16/2023 at 6:23 PM, rockmom said:

5 hours ago, kdnewby said:

should i be concerned if my setsail pass doesn't say "suite" on it?  have JS on Odyssey for 3/25 sailing, and doesn't say suite anywhere on it currently.

I just looked and neither does mine for my upcoming Odyssey sailing...maybe they have cut the suite access for JS's now on Odyssey...I know last time I had a JS on Odyssey last year it did say either suite or star class on the boarding pass in the app....I just showed it to them and used both the suite entrance and had access to sit in the suite section at the terminal and board with suites. 

Not good that it doesn't appear on our boarding pass now as without that I don't believe anyone is going to know the difference if you are in a JS or regular cabin,

In this recent 2023 article I found online and titled below it looks like priority boarding for Junior Suites has been cut.

Royal Caribbean Suite Perks (What’s Included 2023)

The Sea class benefits are similar to the Junior Suite perks found on older ships, but with the removal of priority boarding.

Edited by bajathree

anyone boarded Odyssey or another oasis/quantum class on JS recently can confirm?  Royal's website has conflicting information.

These links says priority boarding is included: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-programhttps://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-rooms/royal-suite-class

this link says it's not:https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-royal-suite-class

8 hours ago, kdnewby said:

anyone boarded Odyssey or another oasis/quantum class on JS recently can confirm?  Royal's website has conflicting information.

You may need to wait for some time to get some feedback from several ports as it will likely differ by location, if there has indeed been any sort of change.