Question on Teppenyaki

sdear

We are on Odyysey Saturday and i got an email for last chance to book at sale prices.  When i go to reserve via the email, it comes up 28.99 per person for dinner with dinner times.   If i go try to reserve just going to the website, it comes up 50.99 per person.     When you click on menu it gives prices.   I am confused.   If i pay the 28.99 per person for dinner, we shouldn't have to pay more correct?   I know there are appetizers you pay for.......but this price looks more like a lunch price but it's giving me dinner times.    Confused

• Thanks 2

I think you are confusing the hibachi and Izumi.  In my experience pre booking the Izumi sushi restaurant is about $28 while the hibachi is usually around $45-50.  It can seem confusing at times.  

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I think you are confusing the hibachi and Izumi.  In my experience pre booking the Izumi sushi restaurant is about $28 while the hibachi is usually around $45-50.  It can seem confusing at times.  

Nope...it was teppan.   and for dinner

Teppanyaki
Guests Susan, Richard
Day Day 3 - Cruising
Time 07:30 PM
$57.98
Order summary
Subtotal $57.98
Gratuities $10.42
Order total $68.40
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, sdear said:

Nope...it was teppan.   and for dinner

Teppanyaki
Guests Susan, Richard
Day Day 3 - Cruising
Time 07:30 PM
$57.98
Order summary
Subtotal $57.98
Gratuities $10.42
Order total $68.40

Ok so I went into my cruise planner for a couple of my future cruises and lo and behold I find the same thing...  except the price is listed as 28.99 which, if memory serves me correctly, is a great price.  I went ahead and booked it.  Thanks for the heads up 🙂 

image.thumb.png.12fa06af6ec2fd46f1bbb4d46515045d.png

I'm sure this is just a reading comprehension problem on my part so could you help me understand your problem.  If I look at what you posted above it appears you are getting the discounted price of 28.99 for the Teppanyaki.  Where is this $50.99 that concerns you?  Ignore any prices in the menu if that is the $50.99 you are seeing and what concerns you. That is an onboard price if dining at the Hibachi without prepaying it.  

Once you book and pay for it pre-cruise there is no additional charge.  If booked on board as part of 3NDP or UDP then there is an addition $10 charge for a second protein choice.

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Ok so I went into my cruise planner for a couple of my future cruises and lo and behold I find the same thing...  except the price is listed as 28.99 which, if memory serves me correctly, is a great price.  I went ahead and booked it.  Thanks for the heads up 🙂 

image.thumb.png.12fa06af6ec2fd46f1bbb4d46515045d.png

I'm sure this is just a reading comprehension problem on my part so could you help me understand your problem.  If I look at what you posted above it appears you are getting the discounted price of 28.99 for the Teppanyaki.  Where is this $50.99 that concerns you?  Ignore any prices in the menu if that is the $50.99 you are seeing and what concerns you. That is an onboard price if dining at the Hibachi without prepaying it.  

Once you book and pay for it pre-cruise there is no additional charge.  If booked on board as part of 3NDP or UDP then there is an addition $10 charge for a second protein choice.

You booked Hibachi, not Teppenyaki.  I think Hibachi is cheaper....mine should have been higher i think 

3 minutes ago, sdear said:

You booked Hibachi, not Teppenyaki.  I think Hibachi is cheaper....mine should have been higher i think 

No, Hibachi and Tepanyaki are the synonymous.

This is from the menu link from the listing for Hibachi that I booked. 

image.thumb.png.ff07618701a5e1b5b04aba3957025abe.png

See it calls it Teppanyaki

Edited by Tree_skier

14 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

No, Hibachi and Tepanyaki are the synonymous.

This is from the menu link from the listing for Hibachi that I booked. 

image.thumb.png.ff07618701a5e1b5b04aba3957025abe.png

See it calls it Teppanyaki

either way i am happy with this price.     I think we can't go wrong !

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I just booked it at that price for the President’s Cruise. Must be a glitch. I’ve not seen it that cheap before. 

Yeah, I was surprised when I looked.  It's not as good as the $18 DBP but it's still good.

• Like 1

Add me to the list of noticing this too. I originally booked this during the black friday sale for my oasis cruise in may. I just finished canceling my existing order and then rebooking this. a great savings

Looking at the chart it shows the lunch price is 34.99 which is the price that website is showing right now. For me, it only shows up under Specialty Restaurants - Dinner and not under Lunch

it looks like the website is glitched out and showing the lunch price instead of the dinner price.

• Like 3

Great find for $28..I just looked and booked for my upcoming Odyssey sailing. I am thinking it's a Royal screw up since they have both Teppanyaki and Hibachi priced the same. I just paid over $100 for 2 last month (booking pre-cruise also) for Teppanyaki on Odyssey...so grab it while you can.

• Like 3

Sadly, of the next 6 cruises I have booked I can only take advantage of it once.

Navigator Jan 23 and Aug 23.. No hibachi onboard.

Oasis Mar 23... We already booked the UDP

Adventure Feb 24 Nothing listed yet but I don't think it has a hibachi.

Icon Dec 24. Nothing listed for sale yet.

I did get it for Harmony Dec 23. I took full advantage of that one as I have extended family booked on that cruise so I booked it for 7 of us... 

1871141408_ScreenShot2023-01-19at9_40_57AM.thumb.png.dd5ad6c734c8e203a00125ee18accd0a.png

• Like 4