​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

3 hours ago, fla33023 said:

What's the Mega store? Is it like our Walmart?

It is!  They had health/beauty, home goods, appliances, clothing, and groceries. 

The store is on the second floor, and as I walked in, there was an escalator going up to it and people with grocery carts (southerners call it a "buggy"!) were going up the escalator -- it looked so weird!  Then I realized that it's not a "stair-step" escalator, but more like the "moving walkways" they have in some airports, just at an angle to go uphill/downhill!

It was so funny, I was looking around the health stuff, and they had all kinds of meds available for diarrhea, but all of the laxatives were in plastic security boxes to prevent them from being stolen!  Is constipation really that much of a problem in Mexico?  All I've ever heard of is people ending up with the runs, not the other way around!  LOL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Sorry for the duplicate post of video.  It wouldn't let me delete it. 

Sorry for everyone having to hear me breathe underwater!  

I don't see anything when I play the video, I just hear me breathing....???

I had another nice couple seated next to me at dinner tonight (last night was just one guy, and he had his face buried in his phone all night).  

When they ordered a glass of wine each, I offered up a couple of my unused D+ drinks -- always a nice way to break the ice!  

Turns out they didn't know how to use the app and hadn't reserved any shows, so I gave them an education on the Royal App and the "don't miss" events.

Then I was off to the Adult Comedy Show -- front row, of course!

IMG_20230130_212429879.thumb.jpg.d89148700f35655f0c6d5efb0c952cf3.jpg

Gregory Behrendt was on first, and I'm glad, because he was pretty lukewarm -- it was more like he gave us his resume (his claim to fame is writing for Sex and the City and co-writing the "He's Just Not That Into You" book that was the basis for the movie by the same name).  

Then Rick Corso came on, and he started out with a joke and just kept the laughs coming.  If they'd have come out in the opposite order, it would have been a real let-down to end on the other guy.  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

Not at all.  I adore snorkeling -- I literally snorkeled FIVE HOURS last time in Roatan!  It's always different, even if I've seen that species of fish before.  

And Maya Chan is like "coming home" to me at this point.  I get hugs from all the staff, I get to love on all the doggos and kitties, and the food is marvelous.  

Cozumel I have a variety of places that I go to for either a beach day, a pool day, or a snorkeling day.... or even just a shopping adventure to the Mega store to pick up some stuff for my room attendant. 

And it NEVER gets boring on a ship.... last night, walking into the MDR for late seating, I saw two people wearing BED SHEETS AS TOGAS.   Definitely have never seen THAT on a ship before!

That is awesone,

I know the feeling when you go back and people

remember you like that.  Makes a difference.

For now we can't do back to back cruising

due to our jobs.  But can't wait to do it 

in the near future.  Just love cruising.

• Like 2