​⛴️​ LIVE from Allure ​🎠​ out of Galveston - Ozark_Kid and brillohead team up for a duo-thread: Jan 22, 2023

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I can see it also on a computer with Edge.

Does the resolution look OK.  It was a 4k but I converted to 720.  What screen size. 

Do you know how to tell if it's H264/H265 or neither.  I've heard of the compression but don't know much about them.  If that is evolved it may have an effect on some and not others. 

I just looked in details and I see H265.  Now to figure out how to get it uncompressed. 

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Learned it is H265

I hear and see....nothing😥

Not trying to hijack but let me try one of mine, done with Nike Underwater camera:

It says 12.1 mb and its a MOV file, I don't know anything about that stuff.  Did it work? Nope you have to open the download....gad!

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

How you got it to work.  Did you compress it, I see that function on Properties on mine.  I give up.....some of my videos do fine on here and then there are these that dont show up and you have to go into the download to view them.

Edited by BecciBoo

9 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I'm I was able to download 1 video off the GoPro Brillo used at Roatan.  There are a bunch and I hope we can share more later.  The original is to large a file to load here so I down graded it from a 4k to a 720.  It should still look good on at least a phone.  Hopefully we can find someone @Sea Dog that can edit them and share on YouTube at a higher resolution.

Looks great! At some point if you have Dropbox, upload the raw files for me to download and I will put something together for you.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

How you got it to work.  Did you compress it, I see that function on Properties on mine.  I give up.....some of my videos do fine on here and then there are these that dont show up and you have to go into the download to view them.

The video was moved from my Gopro to my phone in the Gallery file.  My Gallery has an edit tool that allows me to change it from the original Gopro compression, H265, to the more common compression H264. 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

For those how could not 🙈 see it before.  Can you see it now?  The first had H265 compression, this H264.

I can now see it on my computer both in Firefox and Chrome.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, brillohead said:

The first pairs skaters... the Death Spiral always makes my bumhole clench up!

I always offer to do that with my wife, every time we go skating on the ship.  For some reason, she always refuses. 🤔 

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

8 hours ago, sunnyv said:

I still can't see the video🤔, but I hear it🤷‍♀️

I had the same problem with my laptop on the ship -- wasn't sure if it was Allure's internet or my computer.

2 hours ago, jmh2006 said:

Yes I can see it now and couldn't before on my laptop using Chrome.  Thanks!

Same here -- the compression seems to be the issue with my Chromebook!

After seeing these, I'm all excited to be back in Roatan again tomorrow to do it all over again!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

I can see them now also. That water looks so inviting.

It is!  I literally spent five hour snorkeling there last week. 

It's so funny, it seems like each week a different species of fish is the designated welcome wagon -- that week, it was the Sergeant Major fish (the striped ones in the second video).  They would come up to me and hang out, literally six inches away.  And it wasn't always this group -- I'd go to a different part of the reef, and the same type of fish would kinda swarm me.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

It is!  I literally spent five hour snorkeling there last week.

That's what I really loved about scuba diving. Being able to kind of interact with the different sea life. Just swimming around without a care in the world, enjoying what "floats" your way.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

That's what I really loved about scuba diving. Being able to kind of interact with the different sea life. Just swimming around without a care in the world, enjoying what "floats" your way.

I see so many people snorkeling and swimming along, and they don't realize how much they're missing!!!  Take a moment and really SEE the sea life, folks!

I love just floating for a while and observing the little city in the coral below me... that's when you notice the teeny tiny baby fishies, and the urchins hiding down inside, and the lobsters, and all manner of other creatures in the nooks and crannies. 

One thing that REALLY annoys me is the people who have one of the locals literally DRAG them along in the water, too lazy to actually move their arms and feet and propel themselves.  (And we wonder why the rest of the world thinks we're lazy Americans?)   Every time I'm there, there are locals dragging a life preserver with people holding the preserver, or else a local in a kayak dragging a rope with people holding the rope while he paddles them everywhere.  Ugh.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

One thing that REALLY annoys me is the people who have one of the locals literally DRAG them along in the water, too lazy to actually move their arms and feet and propel themselves.  (And we wonder why the rest of the world thinks we're lazy Americans?)   Every time I'm there, there are locals dragging a life preserver with people holding the preserver, or else a local in a kayak dragging a rope with people holding the rope while he paddles them everywhere.  Ugh.

When we were snorkeling at Roatan last spring, we were close to another group whose guide didn't give any instructions about the coral. That group had people kicking it and even standing on it. I was SO sad to see that!!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Let's talk about important things... When are you seeing Mamma Mia this week? 😁😁😁

Friday, 9pm Central Time.

I'm surprised you didn't wet yourself after seeing that John talked and sat down next to Sophie in the Schooner Bar!  LOL

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

Friday, 9pm Central Time.

I'm surprised you didn't wet yourself after seeing that John talked and sat down next to Sophie in the Schooner Bar!  LOL

I don't think letting my jealously show would look good. 

• Haha 3