Have I been 'ghosted' by my Princess CVP ??

voljeep

On 1/25/2023 at 10:07 AM, Steelers36 said:

ETA:  I don't understand why a guest's ongoing CVP cannot "take over" a booking much like I could make an online booking and have my TA take it over.

That would seem to make sense, but I've been told by my CVP that unless she does the booking, she doesn't get "credit" for the cruise.   So, I often put a cruise on "hold", then ask her to do the booking.   that way, she gets credit.   I can't expect her to do all the price changes, etc, etc if she's not going to get credit for the booking.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

My Princess planner quit…I’ve talked with 4 other planners and they don’t have a clue how to do anything but screw things up…any ideas in finding a new one.

I'm looking for a new Planner also.  I sent an e-mail to the following (still waiting for a reply):-

cruiseplanners@princesscruises.com

customersupport@princesscruises.com

Plus google (search):- Princess Cruise Planner Facebook.  A few shows up that are promising.

Edited by DHP1

I've been bugging the heck out of mine today. 2 rebooks, move me to a better room for same price on a 3rd, and check #4+5 to see if i can get that 200 obc (I'm a solo) today. Yes on #4 no on #5. So now 3 of the 5 are credited to her but I've so heard that if 1st CVP d/n complete file to sailing that they both share credit. Maybe thats bc #5 is a perpetually redeployed / pushed back from 11/2020 before my 1st CVP retired

So yeah. A new CVP will help prior CVP's & 1800Princess bookings

To those who really want to change:

1. Call new CVP and ask if you can use them

2. Send them an email asking them to take over & cc: cruiseplanners@princesscruises.com

3. The new CVP handles it from that point on

• Like 1

13 hours ago, trvlwrld said:

My Princess planner quit…I’ve talked with 4 other planners and they don’t have a clue how to do anything but screw things up…any ideas in finding a new one.

This is what my pvp said to do:

"I am sorry to hear your friend is unhappy with her vacation planner, she can call our (800)901-1172 number and press 0 or stay on the line until our support agents answer and can request a new vacation planner and they will transfer them to our supervisors to be reassigned."

I got a new CVP, talked and emailed to him, got my old fare reinstated (did not get the website price in error) and did get a nice OBC for our troubles.  All good, will keep monitoring prices as lots of cabins being  shown as available.

CVP did state to put cabin on hold, if needed, then contact him.  First time I've ever been told that is the proper way for the CVP to get 'credit' for the booking.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

Can anyone describe the advantage of using a CVP instead of just booking the cruise myself and then transferring the booking to the big box?  

Yes. Last August, on the night before departure from the Enchanted Princess, my wife tested positive for Covid. We were told to isolate in our cabin and then spent 5 days isolating at a hotel near Heathrow Airport at Princess expense. Since we couldn't fly to the US for 10 days, we spent  another 5 days at hotels near London at our expense. We submitted a trip delay claim for those hotels to AON, which was recently paid. We also submitted a meal allowance claim to Princess for 10 days.  After not having a response to several e-mails sent to Princess Customer Service, I asked my CVP to look into it. Yesterday, I got a call from Princess that I would be getting a check for the entire amount of my meal allowance claim. Also got OBC and a specialty dinner for our troubles. That's my CVP advantage story.

Edited by billco
never get it right first, second , third time
  • Like 6

I get 

Travel Agent Grp Promotion* $85.00

A few trips back (still after restart) my return flight changed to where I'd never make the 2nd leg. Texted my CVP as I got off plane in FLL. Had a nonstop home to SFO by the time I reached the luggage carousel. All I sent was a text

Last month I got tired of waiting for a $34 refund from a prior cruise. Complained 1× to my new CVP who asked if I would accept 100 refundable OBC  instead. 10 minutes later it's on my next cruise. 

Who do I talk to at a big box?

• Like 3

All during the Covid “lull” in cruise travel I would get autogenerated messages from my assigned CVP. A couple months ago, during the $2 deposit promo we found a cruise we liked, paid our $4 and then I called Mr CVP a few times and then left a message requesting a callback. Never heard back so I called in to Princess since the price dropped about 30%. First person said there was nothing to be done and I needed to pay the original price, but the second rebooked us and saved us about $1,800! Guess who I’ll call next time.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2023 at 4:04 PM, trvlwrld said:

I am not allowed to tell you explicitly on CC but solve the following puzzle.

A hint is "...row the boat ashore" but abbreviated and Dickens "...Twist"

On 1/28/2023 at 5:26 AM, voljeep said:

CVP did state to put cabin on hold, if needed, then contact him.  First time I've ever been told that is the proper way for the CVP to get 'credit' for the booking.

I can confirm that. I spoke to my new but good CVP the other day and he said he gets credit for the booking if you put it on hold and then contact him to pay the deposit.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:25 AM, Ombud said:

Who do I talk to at a big box?

I call the big box 1-800 number and the agent there takes care of my booking.  They contact the cruise line and get the issue fixed - usually correcting an unwanted "upgrade" from Princess.  I've been happy with their service and when I pay for my cruises with the big box credit card I get some nice cash back rewards every February.

I handle other cruise-related travel - air travel, rental cars, hotels, etc - myself.

When problems arise, such as when we got stranded on the other side of the globe when covid started shutting down cruises and flights, our annual travel insurance company helped with arrangements and covered our unexpected out-of-pocket expenses to get home.

Works for me.

13 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

when I pay for my cruises with the big box credit card I get some nice cash back rewards every February.

We all handle things differently and it's great you've found what works for you.  Just a point though, you don't have to book through the big box to get the big box credit card cash rewards.  I use a pvp and get the same 3% rewards on travel.  

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, pompeii said:

We all handle things differently and it's great you've found what works for you.  Just a point though, you don't have to book through the big box to get the big box credit card cash rewards.  I use a pvp and get the same 3% rewards on travel.  

Correct. 

I also weigh booking directly with the cruise line or with big box.  Sometimes big box has perks that are only available if you book directly with them.  Since the restart I've had good luck with booking directly with the cruise line to lock in their price and perks, and then transferring the booking to big box to get their post-cruise gift card benefit in addition to whatever the cruise line perks are.

I recently booked a longer cruise with the cruise line and locked in a price and cabin that worked for me.  I then transferred it to big box and they added the post-cruise gift card which was worth about ten percent of the cost of the cruise. A few weeks later I noticed a price drop on the cruise, so I called big box.  The big box agent got me the cheaper price, and then big box added a drink package, wifi, and tips to my booking, all compliments of big box.

All in all, it pays to put the pencil to it and also decide how much time you want to spend on travel planning.