Have I been 'ghosted' by my Princess CVP ??

voljeep

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

I booked a $1 deposit on a weekend when my CVP was not available.  Got this email today when inquiring about a price drop and upgrading

from PLUS to PREMIER.

I would not be able to help you today since I have appointments all day with guests that wishes book cruises with me.    Please call 800 774 6237 and speak to a representative since you booked this online.  Have a great day.

The one attached to me said if I book online she gets nothing for it. And cannot add OBC or do price drops.  She only contacts me when I have FCD or FCC in my account.  Never pronounced our names correctly and I can’t imagine letting her touch my bookings.

I know some have good ones but I do better calling Princess, since my own TA retired.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and of course the "chat" person screwed up my reservation ... and disconnected before I could

print the chat

it will all work out - it's a game now to me ... $1 deposit on a cruise that looks to be less than

25% full - at least to the deck plans when booking 'plan a cruise'

Funny, the last time I tried to use chat to help with a booking, the rep screwed mine up as well.  She applied all our future cruise deposits to the new booking, instead of just one each.  I had to email our cvp to fix it, which she did promptly.  

8 minutes ago, dog said:

The one attached to me said if I book online she gets nothing for it. And cannot add OBC or do price drops.  She only contacts me when I have FCD or FCC in my account.  Never pronounced our names correctly and I can’t imagine letting her touch my bookings.

I know some have good ones but I do better calling Princess, since my own TA retired.

My said almost the same. “Since you didn’t book with me, I’m not able to help you”. 

• Like 2

I 'seem' to have a person on now that knows 'maybe' what they are doing - at least I can

understand her.   She 'escalated' my concerns and stated the Princess website prices have 

been screwed up all day and not to honor them for new bookings or refares.

Again - this person was super nice, just not able to do anything from her end.

• Like 2

Wow!! Guess I'm abnormally lucky again (although she sometimes gives me a new booking#). Don't mind that as long as it comes with more OBC, lower price, same or better room. Right now I've only got 2 not assigned to her & she's straightened both of them out. (Category sold out and priced higher now ...

These are holdouts from late 2020)

24 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I 'seem' to have a person on now that knows 'maybe' what they are doing - at least I can

understand her.   She 'escalated' my concerns and stated the Princess website prices have 

been screwed up all day and not to honor them for new bookings or refares.

Again - this person was super nice, just not able to do anything from her end.

Then they need to book online with a different cabin and new price and then cancel the previous booking

6 minutes ago, DHP1 said:

Then they need to book online with a different cabin and new price and then cancel the previous booking

she can't honor the new website price... and the website for this cruise gets to selecting the cabin, then states 'something went wrong, call ...'

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, voljeep said:

she can't honor the new website price... and the website for this cruise gets to selecting the cabin, then states 'something went wrong, call ...'

Yep, same with me. Saw a $400pp price decrease for my cruise and called. After almost an hour on hold with an agent who I could barely understand, he said he can't find the fare. Guess it was a fluke!

45 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Thanks for the play-by-play report.  If the new price is good, can't you just cancel and begin anew?

6 minutes ago, Bollycats said:

Yep, same with me. Saw a $400pp price decrease for my cruise and called. After almost an hour on hold with an agent who I could barely understand, he said he can't find the fare. Guess it was a fluke!

Not a fluke if you can find it again.  My rec is to go to a 3rd party booking engine that displays all the valid fares for you.  These sites access Princess POLAR from their webpages and also have you enter your Name, BD, and CC Member Nbr.  This way, you are shown all the applicable fares.  Many of these websites indicate the Princess Fare Code (3-char alphanumeric).  It may not be readily visible, and may have to click one deeper to look at details and conditions/rules to see it.  You can give a TA or CVP that specific Fare Code if they are not "seeing" what you see.  

(PCL website only shows you one possible Fare Code and is supposed to be the best one for you, but not always work that way).

• Thanks 1

I did inquire with my CVP.  Who is excellent by the way.

This is what they said.

If you book directly through me, then I get credit. If I book something for you, but you pay online after, I get credit. If you book something online without paying and paying with me, I get credit.  When you book and pay online I do not get credit.  And this is where you would go to customer service for any service issues you may need.

5 minutes ago, ldtr said:

I did inquire with my CVP.  Who is excellent by the way.

This is what they said.

If you book directly through me, then I get credit. If I book something for you, but you pay online after, I get credit. If you book something online without paying and paying with me, I get credit.  When you book and pay online I do not get credit.  And this is where you would go to customer service for any service issues you may need.

wow, that hurts ... she missed out on the credit for the $1 deposit I put down.  Won't let that happen again ... as I won't be dealing with her.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

wow, that hurts ... she missed out on the credit for the $1 deposit I put down.  Won't let that happen again ... as I won't be dealing with her.

They would get full credit if you were to make final payment through them, but not if you do everything on line.

5 hours ago, voljeep said:

I would not be able to help you today since I have appointments all day with guests that wishes book cruises with me.    Please call 800 774 6237 and speak to a representative since you booked this online.  Have a great day.

WOW! I am speechless!   Trust me when I say there are many good and responsive TAs and PVP out there would will treat you much better than this!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bollycats said:

Something similar happened to me last Oct.  I called my PVP.  I called the 800 # a couple of different times hoping a different person would eventually be able to help.  I even had my husband call Princess from his hotel in Europe hoping the folks on that side of the pond might be able to help.  No luck! I kept seeing the price for over a week on Princess' website, but they wouldn't  match it.  I did get one lady at the 800# that offered a compromise--it wasn't the $1500 savings I saw online, but it was a discount.  You might try calling again. 

2 hours ago, malba2366 said:

What is the benefit of using these CVP when you can get 5-6+% cash back from travel agents and 8% from a big box store.  Are they offering better fares than what is available elsewhere?

No they cannot do that.  But some guests report getting some perk or other.  I prefer the cash discounts off my cruise fare at source.  No OBC nor gift cards.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 12:58 PM, voljeep said:

I booked a $1 deposit on a weekend when my CVP was not available.  Got this email today when inquiring about a price drop and upgrading

from PLUS to PREMIER.

update - got a call from a manager in CVP operations - all good, again - price back to what it was pre 'adjustment' by the CHAT line person.

• Like 4