Have I been 'ghosted' by my Princess CVP ??

voljeep

I booked a $1 deposit on a weekend when my CVP was not available.  Got this email today when inquiring about a price drop and upgrading

from PLUS to PREMIER.

I would not be able to help you today since I have appointments all day with guests that wishes book cruises with me.    Please call 800 774 6237 and speak to a representative since you booked this online.  Have a great day.

Wow, mine has never sent anything like that to me.  I generally always book online, then ask her to change whatever is necessary.  She's always very responsive, although it did take her several days recently to get back to me regarding a question I had about covid testing.  My question wasn't time sensitive, so maybe that's why.  You might need a new CVP.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ouch.  Not cool.  I would forward that email to Guest Relations, the SVP of Marketing, and JP.  I'd be asking them if they want my business or not.  I'd also be getting a new CVP.  Actually, I wouldn't - I'd get a good external TA that offers discounts off the cruise fare.

ETA:  I don't understand why a guest's ongoing CVP cannot "take over" a booking much like I could make an online booking and have my TA take it over.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Oh ... I guess I'm not as easy going. My CVP has it listed that I only want to be contacted before noon (we're both on the Pacific Coast) and email is perfectly fine. She has a huge list but always responds same day 

Agree with @Steelers36. that's strike 1 & 2 .... 3 strikes they're out

• Like 1

So, I know once you’ve put a deposit down, it isn’t automatically turned over to your CVP if you’ve booked it online.  However, when I’ve done this, my CVP is always willing to help me with my booking anyway.  She just won’t credit for doing so.  Perhaps if the same deposit is available, if that’s why you booked it, he/she can rebook it for you.  
But, I would still not crazy about getting that response.  Depending on how much you do or don’t care for your CVP, I would probably suggest turning it over to a travel agent that could help you.  

• Like 1

That is crazy. I would definitely ask to be reassigned to someone else. I left a message with mine about making a payment and didn't hear back for around 4 hours. Tried her again and she picked up right away and was very helpful. Our party had put a hold on two staterooms the night before and she was able to get us a better location and deal, as well.

17 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I'm on "chat" now and also holding on phone for a rep

what's the back ground music, that always sets the tone of the conversation ....🎵

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have yet to use a CVP.  I make my own bookings online to get the price and cabin I want.  Then after I'm satisfied with the booking, I transfer it over to big box and garner their incentives.  Then I pay for the cruise with my big box credit card and get a nice cash back bonus.

If any issues arise, such as a price drop, I call big box and let them work their magic.

What is the added value of a CVP?  Have I been missing something?

• Like 2

I've had no problems with this CVP in the past - no real help, but nothing like this - 'she' evened answered a couple of questions concerning this exact cruise a few days ago - no help, but at least

answered my questions

• Like 1

and of course the "chat" person screwed up my reservation ... and disconnected before I could

print the chat

it will all work out - it's a game now to me ... $1 deposit on a cruise that looks to be less than

25% full - at least to the deck plans when booking 'plan a cruise'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

I would not be able to help you today since I have appointments all day with guests that wishes book cruises with me.    Please call 800 774 6237 and speak to a representative since you booked this online.  Have a great day.

ouch. Rude.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1