ROOM SERVICE FEE

TOURMAN857

12 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

I would respectfully suggest you review an itemized end-of-cruise invoice and check.

Mistakes can occur , but mostly in favor of the supplier.

In Nov on Oasis, we were charged for not returning towels the day before the  cruise ended.

What happened is we took towels off ship at Cococay and returned them to Cococay being told the systems were integrated They were not. I think it was $30 a towel, service fee included.

Our youngest grandchild whilewe were in arcade, used his card on arcade machines that were not working and there was a $70 charge for that. It too was reversed but we learned that its a concession outsourced to another party.

If you do not check the bill at end of cruise, or your credit card next month, its your problem.

Edited by HMR74

29 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

I called last night to learn some things on drink packages and Concierge.

Was told that Concierge included an expanded RS menu but with the delivery cost

Your first mistake is calling and not getting something in writing. Mine and many others here, experiences with calling and talking with Celebrity reps is they mostly are wrong in the information they tell you. Unless you have it in writing it is not true or a policy. Prior to Covid we sailed in Concierge and never was there an expanded room service menu for breakfast or other meals that was different than the standard RS menu. See my post #116 to see the actual amenities as currently listed on the Celebrity website for Concierge class bookings. The ONLY reference to room service is "24 Hour room service" with a note at the bottom that it has a $9.95 delivery fee. As I have said before Celebrity is consistent with being inconsistent.

After a couple of cruises in Concierge we decided it was a joke and not worth paying more than a veranda and getting nothing of real value, so we then switched to booking Aqua Class.  After Covid we decided to only cruise in suites, but Celebrity is very quickly pricing us out of the suites.

Edited by terrydtx

7 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Your first mistake is calling and not getting something in writing. Mine and many others here, experiences with calling and talking with Celebrity reps is they mostly are wrong in the information they tell you. Unless you have it in writing it is not true or a policy. Prior to Covid we sailed in Concierge and never was there an expanded room service menu for breakfast or other meals that was different than the standard RS menu. See my post #116 to see the actual amenities as currently listed on the Celebrity website for Concierge class bookings. The ONLY reference to room service is "24 Hour room service" with a note at the bottom that it has a $9.95 delivery fee. As I have said before Celebrity is consistent with being inconsistent.

After a couple of cruises in Concierge we decided it was a joke and not worth paying more than a veranda and getting nothing of real value, so we then switched to booking Aqua Class.  After Covid we decided to only cruise in suites, but Celebrity is very quickly pricing us out of the suites.

We too cruise in Aqua, but mostly because of Blu. Due to pricing, Oceania which we cruised over the holidays) is rapidly becoming a viable alternative. The food is truly awesome every day and there are no up charges for specialty venues. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

consistent with being inconsistent is rather true.

I usually call a few times since usually I get different answers.

Then I want to be directed to th epoint on website that shows that since the website is really not user friendly; it has references to things that happened a few years back-I am still looking for the PDF file on current  Drink packages.

The reason I was asking is that on a future cruise I am taking , once I book it, it apears Concierge C1 is less than a unobstructed Veranda by a few hundred. So having never been in C class I was curious what the bene's are and I should be able to book c2 and get c1. Then hopefuly use move up to get Aqua (next category up) or Retreat.

The other experience I get with Celebrity folks is they cut me off--the other day the person I called about smothees vs frozen cocktails -and whats incluedd or not in the base AI, did not  have the answwer so she hund up whic I asked her to ask someone familiar with it--thats the stuff that really aggregvates me with dealing with their shoreside staff.

I wish they had the super premium packageback-grats, Premium wifi and drinks, I think it was the indulge package.

6 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

We too cruise in Aqua, but mostly because of Blu. Due to pricing, Oceania which we cruised over the holidays) is rapidly becoming a viable alternative. The food is truly awesome every day and there are no up charges for specialty venues. 

I have FCC to use and choices become simpler when those are gone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

We are taking the O plunge and are booked on the Oceania Marina for an 18 day cruise in 2025 from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aries. We booked in a Concierge Verandah class cabin for the same price of the Sky Suite for 14 nights on the Equinox. We get 4 more days and 4 more ports than the Celebrity itinerary. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HMR74 said:

The reason I was asking is that on a future cruise I am taking , once I book it, it apears Concierge C1 is less than a unobstructed Veranda by a few hundred. So having never been in C class I was curious what the bene's are and I should be able to book c2 and get c1. Then hopefully use move up to get Aqua (next category up) or Retreat.

This may answer your questions about the benes of Concierge class. This is a link to their website today.

Concierge Class Cruise Ship Staterooms | Celebrity Cruises

Remember if you move up to Aqua or Retreat you only get the drinks, Wi-Fi, and gratuities package you had at the cabin before move up. You do get the Retreat Lounge, Luminae and sun deck if you move up that far.

Edited by terrydtx

16 hours ago, CU64 said:

Yes, there IS an expanded RS menu for breakfast in concierge. 

I’m not seeing it in Concierge this week on the Solstice. Continental breakfast is free but everything else has the charge.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I’m not seeing it in Concierge this week on the Solstice. Continental breakfast is free but everything else has the charge.

Maybe years ago, there was, but not since 2018 when we last sailed in a Concierge class.

4 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

This may answer your questions about the benes of Concierge class. This is a link to their website today.

Concierge Class Cruise Ship Staterooms | Celebrity Cruises

Thanks, I saw it last night while on phone with X. Not even good Hype. We used to get Shrimp Cocktain delivered to the cabin for our happy hour but thta wwas aqua. Not it costs the delivery service in Aqua but elsewhere cannot even get the shrimp cocktails.

If we could, then its really not the whole 11 or 12 bucks. Rather than give the server a $5 tip I wil drop it to 3 or perhaps 2. depends on mood, if the cruise is good ...if not...game time decisions.

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"  Benny Franklin, I am sure he would have been a cruiser.

On 1/30/2023 at 10:07 AM, terrydtx said:

I do not believe there has ever been an expanded room service menu for Concierge class, it has been for Aqua class and Suites for at least the last 2 years.

We appreciated the expanded RS menu on our 2019 cruise in Concierge on the Reflection in June of 2019. 

I suppose it's just another example of X's inconsistency. 

35 minutes ago, MamaFej said:

We appreciated the expanded RS menu on our 2019 cruise in Concierge on the Reflection in June of 2019. 

I suppose it's just another example of X's inconsistency. 

I remember it existing in the past but it’s been gone for years 

I often wondered what the niche for Concierge was-a step above reg balcony and a step below Aqua. -but for the money Aqua has Blu and the limited spa unless you spend big. -so the benefit is a concierge, to do what? Most experienced cruisers know what they are doing and going to do.

On 1/25/2023 at 1:12 PM, CruisersTimesThree said:

It’s been a topic on these boards for a couple of weeks now.

If you like lobster, get ready to pay $16.95 plus gratuity if you’d like a second one, unless you’re in a suite.

No charge for the extra tail in Blu either for AquaClass

3 hours ago, terrydtx said:

We are taking the O plunge and are booked on the Oceania Marina for an 18 day cruise in 2025 from Santiago Chile to Buenos Aries. We booked in a Concierge Verandah class cabin for the same price of the Sky Suite for 14 nights on the Equinox. We get 4 more days and 4 more ports than the Celebrity itinerary. 

We also sailed Concierge. Get a cabin on the same floor as the Concierge lounge. You use your key card to enter. There is wifi, snacks, deserts and finger sandwiches, coffee, tea, juice and all non-alcoholic beverages stocked and for the taking anytime 24/7.  Make sure you get online to make your specialty reservations as soon as they open for you. I loved the art classes, which are free and limited. Sign up at the artist loft as soon as you board.  If you want a culinary class, grab that as soon as you can pre-cruise online. We took one with a chef that worked with Julia Child and Jacques Pepin. Mr. Pepin was onboard with his granddaughter and did a book signing and demonstration.  Very cool. The class I took was fish preparation. It was fabulous. All in all, if you get a good deal...it can be on par with the cost of Celebrity

8 minutes ago, Guppy99 said:

We also sailed Concierge. Get a cabin on the same floor as the Concierge lounge. You use your key card to enter. There is wifi, snacks, deserts and finger sandwiches, coffee, tea, juice and all non-alcoholic beverages stocked and for the taking anytime 24/7.  Make sure you get online to make your specialty reservations as soon as they open for you. I loved the art classes, which are free and limited. Sign up at the artist loft as soon as you board.  If you want a culinary class, grab that as soon as you can pre-cruise online. We took one with a chef that worked with Julia Child and Jacques Pepin. Mr. Pepin was onboard with his granddaughter and did a book signing and demonstration.  Very cool. The class I took was fish preparation. It was fabulous. All in all, if you get a good deal...it can be on par with the cost of Celebrity

We are on the same floor as the lounge. Thanks for the tips, we also get free WiFi which just started this year on Oceania.

33 minutes ago, gkbiiii said:

But do either get comped Room Service or expanded menu?

AQ gets a slightly expanded room service menu and Suite get a few more options on top of that.... The menus are in the app.  AQ pays a fee but suites don't.

41 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

we also get free WiFi which just started this year on Oceania.

Where did you get this bit of misinformation? It's been free since sometime in 2017, one acct per stateroom, 2 accts for Oceania Suite, Vista Suite and Owner's Suite. 

28 minutes ago, ORV said:

Where did you get this bit of misinformation? It's been free since sometime in 2017, one acct per stateroom, 2 accts for Oceania Suite, Vista Suite and Owner's Suite. 

It was in one of the many mailings we get from Oceania, and they made it sound like something new. When we booked it was confirmed we get the new Wi-Fi deal, maybe they have made it for both guests in a cabin?

Edited by terrydtx

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

It was in one of the many mailings we get from Oceania, and they made it sound like something new. When we booked it was confirmed we get the new Wi-Fi deal, maybe they have made it for both guests in a cabin?

Nope, only one. The Oceania marketing machine is unfortunately quite confusing, especially to those new to it. I never fail to be amazed at what people think they've read in it. Must mean they are doing their job, or not. 

There is no "new wifi deal".  Just a free acct per room, if you want to stream anything you have to pay extra to unlock streaming. It's the same speed and service, but you can stream with it, I'm pretty sure you'll see that circle buffering thingy though. Unfortunately Oceania's Internet is one of their weak points. 

1 hour ago, NMTraveller said:

So if you order a glass of wine with room service does the drink package cover the wine or is there a charge for the wine?

From Celebrity's web site: 

Packages may not be shared, and do not include beverages sold in gift shops, mini-bar, or room service.

• Like 1