Room Service Dinner in Sky Suite?

DisneyJen

Your butler can take care of ensuite dining for you. I believe he/she can provide either MDR or Luminae dinner in your suite. Confer with him in advance of the day you wish to dine ensuite. I hope you have a suite larger than Sky, as the table is not big enough for comfortable dining. 

We had dinner in our Celebrity suite in December but could only get the MDR offerings, not those from Luminae.

I have read that it is no longer possible to order from the MDR menu for dinner in your stateroom.  It wasn’t clear if that was for all cabin categories or not.

Our first Celebrity suite experience was in a RS last June on the Summit.

We had several hiccups on that cruise so this one is a do-over of sorts. I realize the level of service between a RS and SS will be different.

I currently have Murano reserved but knowing @DJ's DH he would be happy with dining on the balcony with MDR options. I agree @jelaynethere hasn't been clarification on the new room service rules for those in suites.

46 minutes ago, GastroGnome said:

In suite dining from the restaurants is only available in upper suites.  You can order from the room service menu.

Not true, Sky Suites can order dinner from the MDR for in suite dining, we have done it many times. 

Edited by terrydtx

42 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We had dinner in our Celebrity suite in December but could only get the MDR offerings, not those from Luminae.

I have read that it is no longer possible to order from the MDR menu for dinner in your stateroom.  It wasn’t clear if that was for all cabin categories or not.

My understanding is that all suites are exempt from the new Room Serice charges and rules.

11 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

My understanding is that all suites are exempt from the new Room Serice charges and rules.

That's what I am hoping @terrydtx!

Currently I have a Cabana reserved as well as dinner at Murano. We are scheduled to arrive in SJU at 3 p.m. We consider this a sea day for us as we've been to SJU more than 20 times so there is not need to disembark.

We have an aft SS which has the bigger table on the veranda so I am thinking an al freso dinner would be perfect.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:41 AM, lx200gps said:

When do the reservation slots for the 1st night discount usually open up for booking on line? I am trying to book the Tuscan Grill on night 1 for our May trip on the Equinox but am met with a message saying: "We’re stuffed! Reservations are currently not available."  I assume that means I've waited too long, and 4 months out they are already booked?  Or do reservations for the first night only open up later?  Thanks....

On 1/28/2023 at 11:23 AM, GastroGnome said:

In suite dining from the restaurants is only available in upper suites.  You can order from the room service menu.

That is not accurate.  It is also available in the Sky Suite.  Had it 3 times on a 10-night cruise recently on the Equinox.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 11:03 AM, George C said:

Royal suites have a nice dining table Sky suites do not, much rather go to Luminae.

We had a big dining table on the balcony of our SS on the Reflection , great for breakfast or dinner.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 12:35 PM, DisneyJen said:

That's what I am hoping @terrydtx!

Currently I have a Cabana reserved as well as dinner at Murano. We are scheduled to arrive in SJU at 3 p.m. We consider this a sea day for us as we've been to SJU more than 20 times so there is not need to disembark.

We have an aft SS which has the bigger table on the veranda so I am thinking an al freso dinner would be perfect.

Yes...we used the round table on the balcony;  brought my own round tablecloth (the butler may provide but I didn't want to chance it) and one of those battery type large round candles.   Sounds perfect...he's going to enjoy a terrific b'day!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

The Butlers have provided a table cloth and battery operated candles when we had dinner on balcony.

Probably why he gave me a 'side eye' when he spotted the cloth/candle....as I said, I would have asked but 'be prepared' is my girl guide motto and just can't shake it..😁