Prima / Live / Solo / Feb - 5-12 - 2023...

sid_9169

Just now, maggieq said:

Last time we cruised from port canaveral we stayed at the Hyatt at the airport.  Restaurant in the hotel is pretty good and you can walk out into the terminal if needed.  We catch the shuttle to port next day. 

If you've read any of @sid_9169...reviews where he cruises out of Miami you will understand why he is not a fan of PC!

I am NOT a fan of the CITY but let me say that @sid_9169 sure knows how to make Miami look inviting with his beverages, food and walk abouts.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Rusty's turned out to be a busy... I'm deducting fifty points from everyone who suggested it... At least I have something in my belly now, though. I got the grouper sandwich with fries, but what I really want is some stone crabs. I stopped by Seafood Atlantic but they didn't have a single one...

Something tells me I may end up back at the hotel room with a six pack of beer...

Not that there’s anything wrong with a six pack of beer.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

The beer is gone, and I'm not too far away from bedtime. Yes, I know it's not even seven o'clock yet, but I'd like to at least get a good night's sleep before what will likely prove to be a long day tomorrow. As far as port Canaveral as an embarkation port? I'll avoid it like the plague from here on out...

Yes, get a good night's sleep, and start telling us the actual cruise story starting with the embarkation.

Too bad your port sucks. Here are a couple of good ones IMHO that we have sailed from. In the Americas--San Juan Puerto Rico and in Europe-Barcelona, Spain.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 10:21 AM, SenatorsFan said:

I'm sure you'll be in the Observation Lounge at some point looking for people with their feet up on the sofas! 😄

Finally here and 14 pages long already.

Never saw the feet from your last review. Well, maybe this time.

By the way It has been below ZERO F all day at work. Just praying for you to talk about the heat Sid. It was -34F when I got up this morning and is supposed to be +37F as the high temp tomorrow, that is over a 70 degree change in 30 or so hours. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, purpleally said:

But, what did you do in Orlando?
I would go to  cocoa beach, maybe coconuts

I live in South Florida do we're going to drive up the morning we leave next month. Nothing around those parts that we don't have in the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area.

• Like 2

So interesting to hear how many people hate Port Canaveral. I always look there first because I have so many flight options into Orlando and driving it’s way easier for me versus Miami. Also ate at the Kelsey’s last year. Lots of food and we liked it but it’s just a normal pizza/pub type food. 

looking forward to another great live!

• Like 7

Cruise day has finally arrived!!! It only took one try to get the coffee machine working, so I'm taking that as a positive omen...

It's raining here in PC, but hopefully that'll blow over before I have to head out.

PXL_20230205_121046822.jpg

• Like 27

Good Morning Sid

Hope you slept well? I just checked in for my 2/26 Prima cruise!

I also hate this port. Love Miami!! Coming from upstate NY I always fly in 2 days before because of winter weather. So much to see in Miami!!!

Have a fantastic 1st day on Prima! Will definitely be following all week! 

Cat

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Cruise day has finally arrived!!! It only took one try to get the coffee machine working, so I'm taking that as a positive omen...

It's raining here in PC, but hopefully that'll blow over before I have to head out.

PXL_20230205_121046822.jpg

Cruise day finally arrives! And the excitement and anticipation mount!

Have a great one!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, catgags said:

Good Morning Sid

Hope you slept well? I just checked in for my 2/26 Prima cruise!

I also hate this port. Love Miami!! Coming from upstate NY I always fly in 2 days before because of winter weather. So much to see in Miami!!!

Have a fantastic 1st day on Prima! Will definitely be following all week! 

Cat

You should go to Kennedy Space Center if you’re sailing from Canaveral. Close by and especially great if you have kids.

• Like 3

I was going to try and walk to McDonald's but it's pouring down rain right now. Hopefully it clears up a bit before I have to head out for real. They had a little free breakfast buffet in the lobby, but it's been pretty much stripped of anything good. I managed to snag a biscuit and a couple of things of yogurt. All I have to do is survive until I can make it onto the ship. 

• Like 15

5 minutes ago, happicruzer said:

Ct5 … over the drawbridge.

you might try Southern Charm for breakfast. A right at the light, short walk.  Been #1 on trip advisor since opening. 

5 minutes ago, Knights on the Beach said:

Prima is at 5, Meraviglia is docked at 10,

Thanks... I'm looking out the window and I think I can see the msc ship sideways (ct10) and the Prima facing me from ct5...

• Like 14

Good news is that it looks like the rain is slowing down. I went ahead and took a shower, and I'm basically ready to roll out whenever. I don't want to be too early, but honestly I don't have anything better to do here at the hotel. Costume of the day is a rerun...

PXL_20230205_141711090.jpg

• Like 28

15 hours ago, cruisin*tigger said:

hey Sid try booking a hotel in Cocoa Beach, lots more shops, restaurants, and a fun bar out on the Cocoa Beach Pier.  I usually stay at the Best Western right near the pier.  Not fancy, but clean and beach access right out their parking lot.  Sunrise on the beach...ah, vacation has started...😊  Then its just a quick Uber ride to the ship.  

https://www.cocoabeachpier.com/dining/rikki-tiki-tavern/

IMG_1841.JPEG

2nd the Best Western on Cocoa Beach.  Nothing fancy but clean and near some decent places to eat/drink.  People watching on the beach is entertaining, too.  Too late for Syd, but maybe next time?

Bon Voyage, Syd!

• Like 7