Past Guest Offer: Three Extra Latitudes Points Per Night.

603NHCruiser

Ok. So I know I am asking a question that I could very well just call and find out myself, but... 

Has anyone noticed the update to the Terms & Conditions under the Past Guest Offer? THREE extra points for select 2023 Alaska and Europe. I am wondering if anyone recalls if if this has been offered in the past and may know what the Promo Code is? Maybe LATTRIPX 🙂

I booked 9 Day Europe: Greek Isles last night that I had been planning in the event that the double point ended as it was scheduled too, but it appears that I may qualify for this if I do a re-price. I want to give my PCC a bit of a break before I bug her again haha. The Idea of getting 36 points seems pretty enticing.

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions#insiderofferonepoint

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 603NHCruiser said:

Ok. So I know I am asking a question that I could very well just call and find out myself, but... 

Has anyone noticed the update to the Terms & Conditions under the Past Guest Offer? THREE extra points for select 2023 Alaska and Europe. I am wondering if anyone recalls if if this has been offered in the past and may know what the Promo Code is? Maybe LATTRIPX 🙂

I booked 9 Day Europe: Greek Isles last night that I had been planning in the event that the double point ended as it was scheduled too, but it appears that I may qualify for this if I do a re-price. I want to give my PCC a bit of a break before I bug her again haha. The Idea of getting 36 points seems pretty enticing.

Capture.PNG

Thank you for posting as we have an Alaskan cruise booked in August on the Jewel.  Will look into the points now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, davencl said:

Just had this added to my Aug. Gem reservation.   It shows up as LATRIPLE

PROMO CODES: ALL4CHO
DISC50
EASYFARE
LATREW*
LATRIPLE
PPSRVCHG
SHX50
WATER6PK

Thanks for the confirmation it is much appreciated!! thats a lot of latitude points. Wahoo!

11 minutes ago, davencl said:

If you cancel and rebook you can get the offer.

Thanks - I did use a $100 holiday offer that expired Jan31. I did ask if I booked & changed cruise would it follow new one. I hope that's true. Also just checked, cruise went down $70!

On 2/4/2023 at 4:28 PM, yankprintster said:

Anyone know if the 16-day transpacific (Seattle-Tokyo) 10/3/2023 Jewel would qualify for this?  It's technically doing Alaska too.

Ohh interesting, somehow I doubt it. But, you are outside of final payment so it can't hurt to do a mock booking and if your price hasn't gone up dramatically call to find out if you do qualify. 64 Lat points is a nice dent in getting you towards your next level. Report back to us if you get an answer!

2 hours ago, 603NHCruiser said:

Ohh interesting, somehow I doubt it. But, you are outside of final payment so it can't hurt to do a mock booking and if your price hasn't gone up dramatically call to find out if you do qualify. 64 Lat points is a nice dent in getting you towards your next level. Report back to us if you get an answer!

I checked with my Norwegian personal cruise consultant, and she said it did not qualify, but she isn't very reliable.  I'm boarding the Norwegian Gem later today, and I'll ask their CruiseNext team about it.  If it isn't, then I'll consider booking a B2B cruise on one of the qualifying ships that travels leaves from Vancouver.

On 2/4/2023 at 1:35 PM, itsnotjustme said:

Wow.  I hope they won't give out so many points that everyone becomes special.

I am on a 16-day transatlantic with 2 extra points per night, so 48 points for the cruise.  This will take me into Saphire. 

Why do you care? It’s strictly marketing, instead of dropping the fare they are targeting those that want to accumulate points to fill the ships

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, njkate said:

Why do you care? It’s strictly marketing, instead of dropping the fare they are targeting those that want to accumulate points to fill the ships

Exactly.  Plus, the big benefits are the free meals and laundry, which I'm sure doesn't cost them that much.  The one risk is them devaluing the program at some point.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, chillyw said:

Exactly.  Plus, the big benefits are the free meals and laundry, which I'm sure doesn't cost them that much.  The one risk is them devaluing the program at some point.

You mean like all the airlines and hotels have done?? ☹️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, carohs said:

So if the bonus points would put you at the next tier level, then you get that tier level on that cruise right? 

No... You do not "earn" the points until after the completion of the cruise.  You typically receive the points within a couple of days after disembarkation.  Your next cruise will be at the higher level with the appropriate benefits.

• Like 3

On 2/1/2023 at 8:27 AM, 603NHCruiser said:

Capture.PNG

Thanks for the info.  Booked Viva 9 nights out of Athens, and just now Alaska Bliss, but isn't on the list.  I'll have to change to on that is listed since I only need 28 for Platinum.  Bliss so I didn't need to fly 😁

Edited by kessdarln

1 hour ago, chillyw said:

They did remove the bottle of sparkling wine.  They were handing those out to nearly every passenger.  

As my DH and myself have about 150 points left to reach Ambassador status and two free cruises, and we have a 11 days cruise booked for summer 2023 on the Star that would actually qualify IF I rebook it, so at first I thought I should just "cancel and rebook", as the final payment isn't until April. But then I checked the current rates, and they are now about $1000 higher for two persons than they were when I originally booked the cruise. So I will just be happy with my single point per night instead.... :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yankprintster said:

I checked with my Norwegian personal cruise consultant, and she said it did not qualify, but she isn't very reliable.  I'm boarding the Norwegian Gem later today, and I'll ask their CruiseNext team about it.  If it isn't, then I'll consider booking a B2B cruise on one of the qualifying ships that travels leaves from Vancouver.

I wonder if we have the same PCC, 😄

I called mine for our Europe cruise and she said she would try to rebook and said "oops now you lost your two extra points that you used to have."  I am on hold now trying to get those two points back.  

For future reference, one of the best ways I've found to see if I can get a better deal is to just do a mock booking.  Easy to do and you will see the prices and perks that you would get if you re-book.  No waiting on hold, no waiting for a callback, no "oops" moments when the perk you wanted falls off or changes.  While I'm not usually a proponent of creating extra bookings, this is on NCL for not showing exactly what you are getting at the time you book.

And you preserve that "new" booking for a couple of days if prices or perks change the next day - your original reservation can easily be moved if necessary.

Note - speaking for cruises booked in the US, prior to final payment.

Edited by julig22
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, njkate said:

Why do you care?

I care because if everyone (OK - not everyone but a lot of people) are in higher tier status, some of the perks become diluted.  If 2,000 out of 4,000 booked passengers have priority reservations for meals, shows, tenders, embarkation, debarkation, etc., it means less than if only 500 have it.

And because they can devalue the perks of higher status if too many people have it.

11 hours ago, njkate said:

It’s strictly marketing, instead of dropping the fare they are targeting those that want to accumulate points to fill the ships

Ah….. yeah. Get people to book lightly loaded voyages. And it works. 

At restart in 2021, Royal was offering up to 7x points. 

• Like 1