New website.

Riocca

3 minutes ago, Silver Claire said:

Today I actually want to cry. I just feel like I'm banging my head agains a brick wall and have lost all excitement about this trip. 

We fly from Scotland in 13 days time and hopefully sail from Tokyo in 15 days time. One minute the website says 'you have no upcoming cruises', the next time I can log in but can barely access anything and cant view/book excursions, then it reverts again to 'no upcoming cruises' and repeat to fade.

For us this is a holiday of a lifetime that we have been saving for over the last 10 years to celebrate our silver wedding anniversary. I am so frustrated. 

My travel agent has completely messed up with all the paperwork for our transfers and hotels

Message from her this afternoon. 

Apologies again for the documentation errors. These come direct form the tour operator and whilst I normally check everything over I have had something of a personal crisis at home these last few days. I've been in touch with the tour operator and all documents are being updated. When I receive them I'll send them on.  However we still don't have cruise docs. Tour operator called azamara today and they weren't taking any more calls!  They have made a note to call again in the morning. I notice on their website they are now saying that you can manage your booking online. Have you tried this today? 

I know where you are coming from. That is really too bad that your TA messed up. Deep breaths. I am sure all will work out for you. We don't sail for almost two months and I wish we could see our upcoming cruises! Sigh!

18 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

What do you do to see excursions for a booked cruise?  
We have 3 cruises in April and all I can see are shorex that I booked pre- migration using OBC. ( Some of them still say I owe money on them even though I have receipt from Azamara as fully paid)-  There are a couple more excursions I wanted to book pre-cruise, but I cannot even  see the excursion lists. Of course my remaining OBC has all disappeared so I guess that is not available. I wonder if I called- can they see my correct OBC and purchase shorex by phone?  I have tried calling several times to be told that they are not taking anymore calls that day, so I do not want to waste more time if they cannot accomplish what I need. 

I logged in to my account, then clicked on the icon at the top & clicked on Upcoming Cruises. Next clicked on Manage my Reservation, then scrolled down to Excursions and clicked on the paper/pencil icon. That gave me a scrollable list of excursions available. All of them had a Details button that gave information - on some of them there was no information (but our cruise isn’t until November). So it’s all there but not in a printable format.

Note that I could only get the pencil/paper icon using Chrome, it wasn’t there on Safari.

799607DC-698F-47CE-9927-D97FA1544243.thumb.jpeg.1fbcaf67647eccc8c04822666dd9fd2d.jpeg

22 hours ago, LMD said:

I was getting the same message. I ended up creating a new account using the same e-mail address. My upcoming cruise on April 15th finally showed up in my upcoming cruise section a few days ago so it must have been linked to that email address. 

Thanks for the tip, this worked for me too. After re-creating the account my reservation for April cruise showed up instantly. OBC is showing way too much credit like for some others😄 They have allocated extra OBC $150 pp three times: once for the whole cruise, and then for both pre-booked shorexs. Must be a mistake. Cruise dates, reservation# and cabin# are correct, and that's enough for me - I'm sure everything else will sort out once onboard.

Our cruise is on April 15th out of Athens. I couldn't log in and re-created my account as suggested above. The cruise is now showing up but we are listed as Adventurer level with zero days onboard.  I tried calling but got the automated message that states that the lines are closed until tomorrow because Azamara is serving customer with cruises within the next 30 days.  Ours is 12 days away.  Couldn't leave a message about the loyalty level issue.  We checked-in online and chose our preferred boarding time before the data migration mess but that is not reflected on the account.

This is all minor compared to last week when our travel agent (NOT the one we usually use) called because Azamara was allegedly cancelling our cruise due to a $718.20 debt.  For a cruise paid in full in January.  That was unnerving.  The amount owed were excursions, one "paid" with our $300 OBC and $418.20 from two additional excursions booked online with Azamara -- fortunately I kept the receipts.  The "debt" was sorted out but this situation shouldn't have happened.  For the first time in a long time, I'm taking paper copies of all receipts with me in case it's an issue onboard.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dididi said:

Our cruise is on April 15th out of Athens. I couldn't log in and re-created my account as suggested above. The cruise is now showing up but we are listed as Adventurer level with zero days onboard.  I tried calling but got the automated message that states that the lines are closed until tomorrow because Azamara is serving customer with cruises within the next 30 days.  Ours is 12 days away.  Couldn't leave a message about the loyalty level issue.  We checked-in online and chose our preferred boarding time before the data migration mess but that is not reflected on the account.

This is all minor compared to last week when our travel agent (NOT the one we usually use) called because Azamara was allegedly cancelling our cruise due to a $718.20 debt.  For a cruise paid in full in January.  That was unnerving.  The amount owed were excursions, one "paid" with our $300 OBC and $418.20 from two additional excursions booked online with Azamara -- fortunately I kept the receipts.  The "debt" was sorted out but this situation shouldn't have happened.  For the first time in a long time, I'm taking paper copies of all receipts with me in case it's an issue onboard.

We have all of our papers - I am sure it will be sorted out eventually as long as they do not cancel our cruise! The last time I could actually see our cruise showed that we owed $1800. Paid in full of course already! I see two choices, neither of which I am doing - ignore all of this or accept it and relax!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dididi said:

It’s always wise to do that anyway - we always do so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dididi said:

Previous posters stated all was correct once onboard for their cruise, so you most likely won't have any issues. Take your paper copies of the booking receipt & paid SE receipts for backup, just in case something isn't right once you check in.

• Like 1

QUESTION - 

When I research cruises on the new website, choose a cruise, and go to see what cabins are available - when I choose a category, instead of going to a list of available cabins, it goes directly to ask for my personal information or sign in.

Is that what is happening for everyone?

• Like 2

Just now, Heartfelttraveler said:

QUESTION - 

When I research cruises on the new website, choose a cruise, and go to see what cabins are available - when I choose a category, instead of going to a list of available cabins, it goes directly to ask for my personal information or sign in.

Is that what is happening for everyone?

Yes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I logged in to my account, then clicked on the icon at the top & clicked on Upcoming Cruises. Next clicked on Manage my Reservation, then scrolled down to Excursions and clicked on the paper/pencil icon. That gave me a scrollable list of excursions available. All of them had a Details button that gave information - on some of them there was no information (but our cruise isn’t until November). So it’s all there but not in a printable format.

Note that I could only get the pencil/paper icon using Chrome, it wasn’t there on Safari.

799607DC-698F-47CE-9927-D97FA1544243.thumb.jpeg.1fbcaf67647eccc8c04822666dd9fd2d.jpeg

Thank you for the suggestion to use Chrome instead of Safari. Unfortunately when I click on the paper/pencil icon I only see the shore excursions that I previously booked before the migration! ( and saying I owe for two excursions I had paid for!  So frustrating- I am giving up and just hope they honor all my confirmations.  - I have 3 cruises booked this month(April) so I am triple frustrated. Phone keeps saying no more calls for the day even when I call shortly after opening. 
The only difference in info on Chrome vs Safari for me was my loyalty point total. I have 435 fewer points on Chrome than on Safari- neither of which is correct. Why is is different from one browser to another is a mystery.

Before migration, I had planned to book 2 fall Azamara  cruises while onboard this month- no longer- found two Celebrity cruises during that time period- seems like a lot less pre-cruise frustration. 

2 minutes ago, floridafolks said:

Before migration, I had planned to book 2 fall Azamara cruises while onboard this month- no longer- found two Celebrity cruises during that time period- seems like a lot less pre-cruise frustration. 

The booking system works onboard, so go ahead & get your "Cruise Now" bonuses for fall cruises. Be sure to have them email (& print) you copies of anything booked so it shows your Loyalty status, price, & OBC. The booking will ultimately show up under your "Upcoming Cruises" but may have errors (Loyalty status, missing OBC, etc.). We did that last month & although it’s showing up online, there are errors. I'm not concerned at this early date as I'm sure all the website issues will be resolved within the next few months. Just take a breath and go with the flow for now.

• Like 4

I truly understand everyone’s stresses and the poster that wanted to cry.  Especially those close in to cruising.  Someone told me I sounded stressed and worried about it too much.  When you pay this much for a suite, first class air and other miscellaneous travel related expenses, there is an expectation that everything should be done correctly. ( unless weather is involved) We all have reasons for taking trips…. this was my bucket list and splurge after going through some personal issues.   It just kept getting moved due to Covid so it became even more important.  Yes, the ship still sailed and yes the onboard crew are wonderful but that does not make up for the experience that led up to boarding the ship. ( owing money on a fully paid cruise, no information, misinformation, no refund on canceled tours, hours on hold)  an email that said there could be no changes 2 days prior to the cruise otherwise it is my fault if things are incorrect.  ( seriously hope they reword that before they send it out again) My tours that were canceled and never refunded are still a mystery.  2 mysteriously popped up just prior to boarding and when I got onboard there was a long line at excursions.  They canceled the two but asked me to have patience for about a week because the cancel has to go back through the office.  Since I am now canceling onboard they will probably issue me an OBC.  I don’t want or need an OBC- just the credit back to the card I used.  Does this  tarnish the cruise experience.  Absolutely.  For those of you sailing in a few weeks or a month this should all be resolved.  As of now they do not have correct loyalty info onboard …. Maybe next week. 

• Like 4

There are blames for RCI/Celebrity-related data corruption being the reason for the Azamara's IT fiasco. Perhaps.

The problem, however, is that they have been working for a week or so trying to sort out the existing bookings sailing in the next 30 days. I daresay those represent ~5% out of the 30,000 individual bookings they need to sort out. I guess the extrapolation and the underlying unfortunate conclusions are straightforward.

• Like 1

I'm glad I read this thread or at least the last several pages.

My wife and I are in the same boat (excuse the pun) as those whose login emails return messages that we don't exist. I've seen the suggested fixes, including one I got back to my online submission to Azamara, about just re-registering and taking it from there. I think I'll wait a little while longer for them to get this sorted out as we don't have anything currently booked and, after reading what's going on here, very glad that we don't.:classic_blink:

I've been involved in my share of these kinds of IT migrations and it strikes me that the new software being utilized likely employed a conversion program of some sort to take the RCL data and convert it to the new format. Given that this has quite clearly gone badly off the rails, I have to agree with a few of the other comments that I've seen that there is likely considerable corrupt, missing, or just plain bad data coming across. It is unfortunate, just as it seems to be with just about every software change, that the planning seems to fall well short of the execution.

Further, it sounds like the ships have the correct information and that there doesn't seem to be issues in that regard. This mess shouldn't be a reflection on Azamara, either the shoreside or shipside service, as much as this is the IT behind the scenes.

Good luck to everybody getting all their issues resolved and getting back to what we all love to do and that's just sailing and enjoying ourselves. 👍 🥂

• Like 8

They cannot solely blame RCI/Celebrity as they (Azamara - Sea Trade) have a responsibility to ensure the validity of the data coming accross.  I have been personally involved in many data migration activities and one does not 'go live' until the intregity of the data coming accross is checked, rechecked and appears correct.  Our 'My Account' information is so incorrect it's not even funny anymore.... and we sail next week!

• Like 9

1 minute ago, aussie travel bird said:

They cannot solely blame RCI/Celebrity as they (Azamara - Sea Trade) have a responsibility to ensure the validity of the data coming accross.  I have been personally involved in many data migration activities and one does not 'go live' until the intregity of the data coming accross is checked, rechecked and appears correct.  Our 'My Account' information is so incorrect it's not even funny anymore.... and we sail next week!

I agree. I’ve been through several migrations with millions of data points and you don’t migrate until the data is checked.

• Like 6

I am a retired IT expert whose hair went grey from data conversion issues on many projects so will not add to that commentary for health reasons.😀

On a separate matter I have been trying to book new cruises and noticed whatever cruise I try to book to  to anywhere on any date if I try to book an Oceanview (05) cabin the system always selects 4018 and shows only cabins available as 4018, 4020, 4021, 4022, 4023 or 4024. Does anyone else have similar issues?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

We're on an an 8 day Greek Intensive on the Pursuit leaving on April 24.  I can access my account and can see the excursions (2 each) we purchased through Azamara with OBC prior the conversion.  Can't see if any other excursions are still being sold by Azamara.  Anything I'm missing there? We had a $1000 in OBC prior to excursion purchases but don't see info anywhere on my account about current balance of OBC.  Any suggestions there?

Last ? We checked in when system let us a week before conversion but have since gotten email saying we're not checked in.  Since we're new to Azamara, that means we're in last section to check in and then will have to scramble to get dining reservation in Prime C or Aqualina. Any advise there?

I've really been looking forward to cruising on Azamara and hope the bad juju from this systems debacle disappears when I get on the Pursuit!  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, MegCV said:

We're on an an 8 day Greek Intensive on the Pursuit leaving on April 24.  I can access my account and can see the excursions (2 each) we purchased through Azamara with OBC prior the conversion.  Can't see if any other excursions are still being sold by Azamara.  Anything I'm missing there? We had a $1000 in OBC prior to excursion purchases but don't see info anywhere on my account about current balance of OBC.  Any suggestions there?

Last ? We checked in when system let us a week before conversion but have since gotten email saying we're not checked in.  Since we're new to Azamara, that means we're in last section to check in and then will have to scramble to get dining reservation in Prime C or Aqualina. Any advise there?

I've really been looking forward to cruising on Azamara and hope the bad juju from this systems debacle disappears when I get on the Pursuit!  

Meg CV, all will be okay onboard I'm sure.  When you board go directly to the speciality reservations desk, explain that you were allocated the last checkin time and adhered to it, and that you're new to Azamara and would like to experience what you believe advertised.  If you're told (unlikely) that there is no reservations available, especially for the times and dates you want, ask there and then to go on a wait list for cancellations.  Then walk away and go to guest relations and ask to speak with the Speciality Restuarant Manager and tell him what has happened.  In all my many many Azmara cruises I have not heard of anyone that has not been able to secure a booking, especially with a little flexibility in times.   Hope this helps.  PS, we're on the same cruise.  

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, MegCV said:

We checked in when system let us a week before conversion but have since gotten email saying we're not checked in.  Since we're new to Azamara, that means we're in last section to check in and then will have to scramble to get dining reservation in Prime C or Aqualina. Any advise there?

I spoke to an agent last week (we sail in 11 days).  She said to ignore the "not checked in" email if you checked in prior to the migration.  They were sent in error.

I guess we'll find out for everyone in just over a week!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MegCV said:

Yes, go to them at 6 pm and say you need booking and which nights.

if you are willing to eat late easier to get a table.if that fails tell them you know Miss Robin.That should help you get in.Maybe not the time you want but you will get in. Was in fir werks this summer And they all know me.

4 hours ago, NeilWM said:

I am a retired IT expert whose hair went grey from data conversion issues on many projects so will not add to that commentary for health reasons.😀

On a separate matter I have been trying to book new cruises and noticed whatever cruise I try to book to  to anywhere on any date if I try to book an Oceanview (05) cabin the system always selects 4018 and shows only cabins available as 4018, 4020, 4021, 4022, 4023 or 4024. Does anyone else have similar issues?

Not quite, but nearly. The cruise I looked at for Oceanview Cat 5 I got 4018, 4021,4022,4023 & 4025.

7 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Not quite, but nearly. The cruise I looked at for Oceanview Cat 5 I got 4018, 4021,4022,4023 & 4025.

I think I saw this sort of "top 6" available when I was first researching our first cruise.  Most of my time then was looking at Viking, so it may have been them.

15 hours ago, Dididi said:

We have just checked the site for our next cruise and although details are correct for the sailing we too are listed as Adventurer when we are Discoverer Plus. Hopefully this will be rectified soon 

The internet was so slow on Journey that I couldn’t get the site to completely fill in all the bits on the page before it lost the connection (and the will to live, apparently!) I did enjoy the irony of not being able to see the Azamara website whilst on an Azamara cruise.

Now that we’re home, it pops up nicely, and shows all of our upcoming cruises, in the order I booked them, rather than the order in which they will occur, which seems a bit quirky. They have our correct number of points and the correct loyalty level, so I’m happy!

• Like 2