New website.

Riocca

48 minutes ago, CMATraveller said:

I still show coupons but no OBC, so it doesn't work for me.

Oh those things..had them online but still had to call cruiseline to use OBC and credit card ad WC due in ten days and tours were being added to bill.

I am an IT professional. So I feel comfotable saying that the design of their new website is AWFUL. There are so many things wrong with it and so many terrible design features it is incomprehensible how they could have paid someone to design this for them. It looks like it was done completely without any user testing, or without any user experience people having input on it.

Having said that (hoping someone at Azamara reads this thread) I did get the notice. Fortunately I had already stumbled on the "Store" option which is not self evident. That was after having selected shore excurions more than once only to have them not show up next time - because I hadn't found the "Store" function. However I still cannot figure out how to pay for what I have signed up for. The announcement says to "Navigate to the payment screen". But I can't figure out how to do that. If anyone out there has figured out how to get to the payment screen I'd appreciate your letting me know how to do that.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, jwilcox said:

I am an IT professional. So I feel comfotable saying that the design of their new website is AWFUL. There are so many things wrong with it and so many terrible design features it is incomprehensible how they could have paid someone to design this for them. It looks like it was done completely without any user testing, or without any user experience people having input on it.

Having said that (hoping someone at Azamara reads this thread) I did get the notice. Fortunately I had already stumbled on the "Store" option which is not self evident. That was after having selected shore excurions more than once only to have them not show up next time - because I hadn't found the "Store" function. However I still cannot figure out how to pay for what I have signed up for. The announcement says to "Navigate to the payment screen". But I can't figure out how to do that. If anyone out there has figured out how to get to the payment screen I'd appreciate your letting me know how to do that.

I agree with your assessment of the new Azamara website.  It is very user unfriendly.  I was able to find the payment screen after booking several shore excursions (I think).  After selecting an upcoming cruise, clicking on manage my reservation and booking some shore excursions the total cost of the shore excursions should show up at the top of the page under Your Reseration and assorted information regarding the reservation.  In front of the amount is written To Pay and in front of that is a button marked Continue.  Click on the continue button which should bring you to a listing of what you've booked.  Click on Continue again and a Select Payer payment screen should appear.  This should be the page where the instructions say you should click Cancel.   Regards,  Paul

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jwilcox said:

More than anything else, they should set up their website to make it simple to do one thing: give them money. If booking an Azamara cruise was one of his 12 labors, Hercules would shrug his shoulders and start looking at the Oceania website. 😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

We used our celebrity captains club number on our last Azamara cruise and the same number on a 2024 sailing. The future cruise has transferred over without it and is showing a completely new number and no status ? My understanding was our Status would be grandfathered and we could continue to use the same Cc number.

Does anyone know if this is the case or do we need a new  Azamara club number? If that’s the case how can we link the history and status ?

I’ve avoided posting here for a few weeks. Kind of sick of people saying no problem once on board, just bring paperwork showing your OBC and all is good. I have no doubt that the on board experience will be as awesome as always. But!!! We booked right at the height of the start of the transition…. And I STILL have no paperwork showing my OBC. Finally,I do have paperwork showing correct pricing, but does not show OBC…. So how do I get it straightened out onboard? I have called and been told different amounts of OBC, but they can not send me any verification. Apparently my TA can not get confirmation as she told me a different amount, but can not provide written confirmation. Our final payment is due next week. Yes, I’ll go ahead and pay, but please….. not everyone has paperwork showing OBC. Timing is everything and I’ve said all along that people sailing since this mess started were already paid in full and had correct paperwork to take along to get things right on board. I’ll pay final and we’ll as always have a wonderful time…. But I have no idea what my correct OBC should be at this point. By the way, it is June 30 and my account is still incorrect…. Really, since mid March? Way too long for this to be such a disaster! All that said, we love sailing with Azamara. 

• Like 5

It seems so counterintuitive to have to scroll up, rather than down when indicating months at the ‘Find s Cruise’ menu. It’s as though the site was created by someone unfamiliar with the internet. I avoid it, thus may miss out on something I might otherwise be interested in buying. I’m so glad I’m booked through 2024 and will book the next onboard.

Melissa

10 hours ago, CMATraveller said:

It worked for me. The crucial thing was clicking the cancel button where it tells you too. Doing that the excursion stayed in place as a booked excursion and the Pay Now disappeared. I know it doesn’t show that OBC has been used, but the guide said that will be sorted out later.

10 hours ago, CMATraveller said:

Mine’s the same - the OBC section of my booking says coupons but no amount. However when I followed the instructions exactly (including clicking the Cancel button on the payment page) the excursion stayed in place and the Pay Now relating to it disappeared. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jwilcox said:

Just click on Continue then Pay Now, then click Cancel if you have OBC, otherwise you say who’s paying then put your card details in

Edited by Grandma Cruising

9 hours ago, jwilcox said:

I don’t think it was designed for them, the booking bit of it is an ‘off-the-peg’ system, Verizon Seaware, used by other travel and cruise companies. Explorer and Lindblad use it too.

4 hours ago, 3JCruiser said:

We used our celebrity captains club number on our last Azamara cruise and the same number on a 2024 sailing. The future cruise has transferred over without it and is showing a completely new number and no status ? My understanding was our Status would be grandfathered and we could continue to use the same Cc number.

Does anyone know if this is the case or do we need a new  Azamara club number? If that’s the case how can we link the history and status ?

Mine is the same. You need to fill in a support form.

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I don’t think it was designed for them, the booking bit of it is an ‘off-the-peg’ system, Verizon Seaware, used by other travel and cruise companies. Explorer and Lindblad use it too.

Correct the Versonix Seaware website a customisable off the shelf system used by a number of cruise lines including Virgin and Explora. The Explora website is very similar to Azamara’s but I find it more frustrating as I still get problems with Safari that Azamara seems to have conquered and I have to go through country selection every time while Azamara’s site remembers. Funny thing is the Explora aren’t being flamed for the functionality of the website, and I’m not referring to the account situation which I believe has a different reason.

It’s a different website that we need to learn to use, there are things that can and should be improved, like cabin availability, but it’s no worse than most other cruise line websites. Again I’m only referring to website functionality not the linked account or booking system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

If I ever consider booking them online, slap the back of my head please.

• Haha 1

Dear Azamara Guests,

A few weeks ago, we introduced our brand-new "Manage My Booking" tool, designed to make managing each reservation even more convenient. This tool enables you to access your booking details without the need to log in or create an account. We believe this will provide you with a seamless and efficient way to navigate directly to your booking and reservation details. You can utilise this feature to book add-ons, shore excursions, land programs, pay for ancillary products, and update guest information. 

To make it even easier for you to access your reservation, we have added the link to the top of our website and labelled it “Manage My Booking.” 

website-link-063023

Helpful Tips for Booking Shore Excursions

When adding a shore excursion or any other add-ons to your booking, please take note of the step labelled "Store." It is important to click this so that your information is successfully saved, and your request is processed accordingly. In the following weeks, we will update the word "Store" to "Save" to make this step more clear.

If you have an onboard credit (OBC) you would like to use to book shore excursions before you board, you can do this on Azamara.com or by calling your local contact centre. Please note that you can book shore excursions in advance up to 7 days prior to the sailing date. To assist in applying your OBC on Azamara.com to book shore excursions, we have prepared a simple step-by-step guide. Please click hereto access the guide. 

Offer Ending Soon

We can't wait for you to continue making cherished memories with us, which is why we want to remind you to take advantage of our current offer, which includes up to $500 onboard credit when you book by 30th June, 2023. 

2025 Europe 

We're thrilled to say that we will soon announce our much-anticipated 2025 Europe Deployment, featuring an extensive array of awe-inspiring destinations. Be prepared to immerse yourself in the rich history, vibrant cultures, and breathtaking landscapes that Europe has to offer. Stay tuned for further details and get ready to embark on another remarkable journey with Azamara. 

We deeply value your trust and loyalty to Azamara and thank you for your continued support. We look forward to seeing you onboard soon.

Best Regards,

signature-carol

Really? Weeks for replacing a single word? They've got to be kidding!

Plus, adding new tools to an otherwise half-functioning website without fixing the existing problems - that's the kind of humor I love!

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, stegri said:
Really? Weeks for replacing a single word? They've got to be kidding!

Plus, adding new tools to an otherwise half-functioning website without fixing the existing problems - that's the kind of humor I love!

I didn't have any issue with understanding Store meant Save, but I, too, laughed that it would take weeks to change one word. It's indicative of Azamara not having direct control over design and having to go to Seaware for every little edit. SMH

10 hours ago, kent4489 said:

I’ve avoided posting here for a few weeks. Kind of sick of people saying no problem once on board, just bring paperwork showing your OBC and all is good. I have no doubt that the on board experience will be as awesome as always. But!!! We booked right at the height of the start of the transition…. And I STILL have no paperwork showing my OBC. Finally,I do have paperwork showing correct pricing, but does not show OBC…. So how do I get it straightened out onboard? I have called and been told different amounts of OBC, but they can not send me any verification. Apparently my TA can not get confirmation as she told me a different amount, but can not provide written confirmation. Our final payment is due next week. Yes, I’ll go ahead and pay, but please….. not everyone has paperwork showing OBC. Timing is everything and I’ve said all along that people sailing since this mess started were already paid in full and had correct paperwork to take along to get things right on board. I’ll pay final and we’ll as always have a wonderful time…. But I have no idea what my correct OBC should be at this point. By the way, it is June 30 and my account is still incorrect…. Really, since mid March? Way too long for this to be such a disaster! All that said, we love sailing with Azamara. 

Not the best way to ask for help by saying you're sick of the people relaying onboard experiences of correcting and updating information. I've made several posts about the OBC updating correctly within 24 hours of boarding without any intervention on my part. What more are you looking for? If you don't know how much OBC you're supposed to have, that's on your TA. As soon as I book, my TA sends me a statement showing all the perks and OBC associated with the booking. If you booked a specific promotion, the OBC amount is stated when booking. 

I'm not defending Azamara. The website debacle is shameful. However, they're a small company and don't have the clout or the resources to have this fixed immediately. The onboard experience is as good as you remember, so why let these details upset you?

Kevin

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, kml246 said:

Not the best way to ask for help by saying you're sick of the people relaying onboard experiences of correcting and updating information. I've made several posts about the OBC updating correctly within 24 hours of boarding without any intervention on my part. What more are you looking for? If you don't know how much OBC you're supposed to have, that's on your TA. As soon as I book, my TA sends me a statement showing all the perks and OBC associated with the booking. If you booked a specific promotion, the OBC amount is stated when booking. 

I'm not defending Azamara. The website debacle is shameful. However, they're a small company and don't have the clout or the resources to have this fixed immediately. The onboard experience is as good as you remember, so why let these details upset you?

Kevin

You’re right of course. I worded that badly. I only meant that not everyone has the same situation. Our b2b bookings were just made at the absolute worst time. When I booked onboard, they were not able to give me correct paperwork as the big change was happening. Since then, my TA has only been able to send my booking confirmation but they are no longer showing OBC. Azamara verbally tells me my OBC and so does my TA, both different amounts and neither are for the amount that I was expecting. (Both are more, so I’m not complying, I just want to know what the correct amount is.) So, I guess my situation is unique. Sorry, I was just venting my frustration and by the way, I was not asking for help. Just explaining that not everyone has paperwork to take on board to easily show what their OBC should be. Again, sorry I didn’t word it in a pleasing way. 

• Like 2

For my Sept cruises I called the cruise line after I stored the tours. I used OBC.

for the WC I stored some tours but had not called.Learned it was being tagged onto my final payment.called this week and used OBC and credit card. I do not even try to pay online. 

system just awful.

45 minutes ago, kent4489 said:

You’re right of course. I worded that badly. I only meant that not everyone has the same situation. Our b2b bookings were just made at the absolute worst time. When I booked onboard, they were not able to give me correct paperwork as the big change was happening. Since then, my TA has only been able to send my booking confirmation but they are no longer showing OBC. Azamara verbally tells me my OBC and so does my TA, both different amounts and neither are for the amount that I was expecting. (Both are more, so I’m not complying, I just want to know what the correct amount is.) So, I guess my situation is unique. Sorry, I was just venting my frustration and by the way, I was not asking for help. Just explaining that not everyone has paperwork to take on board to easily show what their OBC should be. Again, sorry I didn’t word it in a pleasing way. 

Understood. Sorry what should be a relaxing time is stressful for many. Hopefully, things improve soon. 

My frustration with the new website is not being able to see available cabins without entering all my booking information. 

Still like Azamara. We booked two more cruises while on board last week. 

Kevin 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, paf225 said:

I agree with your assessment of the new Azamara website.  It is very user unfriendly.  I was able to find the payment screen after booking several shore excursions (I think).  After selecting an upcoming cruise, clicking on manage my reservation and booking some shore excursions the total cost of the shore excursions should show up at the top of the page under Your Reseration and assorted information regarding the reservation.  In front of the amount is written To Pay and in front of that is a button marked Continue.  Click on the continue button which should bring you to a listing of what you've booked.  Click on Continue again and a Select Payer payment screen should appear.  This should be the page where the instructions say you should click Cancel.   Regards,  Paul

That’s great that these instructions worked for you but many of us don’t even see the “Book” button. I did manage to make a couple of shore excursions after the first time we were told how to do this. I never got to the payment page but saw the “store” button and it did save my excursions. My TA contacted AZ for an updated confirmation copy and it does show my excursions but also shows I owe money for them as well as the internet package I booked. 
I wonder if things work differently if you have a PC as opposed to an iMac, which I have, and whether or not different browsers make a difference. It all makes no sense to me but then I don’t have an IT background. Guess I will be on the phone before my August cruise.

Anyone see a way to see your air bookings? This is my first time on AZ, mostly have cruised with Princess, which has a great user friendly website. Everything in one place. I didn’t understand why with AZ that you had to go to Choice Air for reservations and there was no link on their website to you air reservations. I’m hoping AZ will finally add a link or incorporate air reservations into their site. Someone in their IT team needs to look at Princess website!