Boarding Documents?

Eli_6

I am boarding the Breeze tomorrow. Do I need anything other than my passport and boarding pass? Last time I cruised, we still had to do the health assessments, show proof of vax, and negative Covid test.  It would appear that those have all been nixed, but I just want to make sure I am not overlooking something.

• Like 1

I would carry your vax card (if you have one) just in case since some ports may require it, but I was just on Paradise last month and they only needed my boarding pass and passport. They did ask if we were vaxxed, but didn't ask for any documentation for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

Back to the good old days of just needing your boarding pass and identification documents! :classic_cool:

The only part of the good old days no one, or at least very few, want is the original muster drill. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 3

It must matter which ship and which port. I have just come back from the new years eve 2022 cruise to Pacific from Sydney and we needed to show our international vax certificate plus a copy of our covid- included travel insurance.

Cruised on the Spirit the week of Jan 8. We were never asked if we were vaccinated when boarding and never filled out a health survey. Our group and many others, some vaccinated and some not, had no issues getting off the ship at Grand Turk. Just sharing our experience.

I cruised last November on the Vista...didn't need to show Vax card. Cruised in early January on the Dream...again, didn't need a Vax card. On both occasions, my wife and I brought our Vax cards ...just in case. We carry them everywhere...just in case. It's great we aren't required to show them during embarkation, but...one never knows what foreign ports may decide they need. Hey...the entire world went crazy once...who's to say it won't happen again. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ozpom51 said:

It must matter which ship and which port. I have just come back from the new years eve 2022 cruise to Pacific from Sydney and we needed to show our international vax certificate plus a copy of our covid- included travel insurance.

Australia has vastly different rules than the USA at this point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, finoky said:

Somone posted to carry your vax card in case. There is no in case. It is not needed. Just your passport and boarding pass.

Why not bring it if you have one? It takes up absolutely no room in your luggage, and you spend zero time worrying about getting asked for it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Why not bring it if you have one? It takes up absolutely no room in your luggage, and you spend zero time worrying about getting asked for it. 

Nobody will ask for it. It would be like packing your library card just in case.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Nobody will ask for it. It would be like packing your library card just in case.

No one has ever been denied boarding for lack of a library card. There have been potential passengers denied for no vaccine card, and the rules do change, sometimes quickly.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

No one has ever been denied boarding for lack of a library card. There have been potential passengers denied for no vaccine card, and the rules do change, sometimes quickly.

I predict we will never need our COVID 19 vaccine cards again. I am prepared to eat my hat if I am proven wrong. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

During the restart we purchased a leather Passport holder.  Has our Passport, our Vax Card and our Global Entry card all safely tucked inside. #Permanent

Also, I don't know anyone who takes their driver's license out of their wallet to simply go for a bicycle ride. 🤔

I'd bring your vaccine cards anyway or at least an app on your phone that has one. If not that, a picture. Some ports might require it, even if the US doesn't. It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I don't know if Carnival does this, as my first Carnival cruise in 5 years won't be until next year, but I know on Royal they let you fill out the health forms online the night before the cruise.

7 hours ago, FTLCruiseGal said:

As someone else posted, while you may not need them to board in the US, some ports may require them.  

^^^^This. Turks and Caicos can require proof of vaccination. A number of South American countries do. A foreign country can do as the pleas - cruise lines have a better chance of controlling the weather 

• Haha 1

I cruised last month on the Pride. No one even mentioned the vaccine or covid tests during check in. They also did not collect the health forms we filled out. We were through check in five minutes. 

Nowhere you can reach in a seven day cruise from the US still requires a vaccine or a covid test when arriving by cruise. Canada and Bermuda have dropped the requirement. Only China and Australia are still doing this now. 

Edited by asalligo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1