First night free wine steakhouse

gone_cruisin

Is Carnival still doing the free bottle of wine on the first cruise night at the steakhouse.  Also, we are cruising out of Galveston and I know they have funky alcohol rule - is that impacted by it?

Its been 5 years since I've been on Carnival and I am not sure what has changed and what has stayed the same.

7 hours ago, gone_cruisin said:

Is Carnival still doing the free bottle of wine on the first cruise night at the steakhouse.  Also, we are cruising out of Galveston and I know they have funky alcohol rule - is that impacted by it?

Its been 5 years since I've been on Carnival and I am not sure what has changed and what has stayed the same.

you do get it but there are reports that you may have to ask for it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ibarrio said:

you do get it but there are reports that you may have to ask for it. 

Yes, last October I had to request it, then they poured one glass each and the bottle disappeared never to be seen again.

• Like 1

In October, they poured our wine and took it off the table - to an ice bucket and kept our glasses filled until it was gone.   Actually, the white they offered was a quite good sauvignon blanc - a nice change from the chardonnay of the past.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So they don't give you a free bottle, just serve you the wine during dinner? We have the drink package, so this wouldn't do us any good. I thought that you got a bottle to take, would be nice to have it in the room.

Just now, ocgirl said:

So they don't give you a free bottle, just serve you the wine during dinner? We have the drink package, so this wouldn't do us any good. I thought that you got a bottle to take, would be nice to have it in the room.

no, it appears that was one isolated incident. 

Yep - all ships w/Steakhouse (Rudi's too). It applies on both the first evening and the first cruise elegant evening (which is usually, but not always, the second night).

Choice of either the free bottle OR 50% off a bottle from their wine menu.

Tom

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - all ships w/Steakhouse (Rudi's too). It applies on both the first evening and the first cruise elegant evening (which is usually, but not always, the second night).

Choice of either the free bottle OR 50% off a bottle from their wine menu.

Tom

We have a reservation at Rudi's the first elegant night. Does that one get the free wine too?

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, shari1737 said:

This may be a stupid question but do they open the free bottle the night you get it?  Or can you actually drink it on another night?  I am a wine drinker but my husband isn't.  

When we went last year, they asked what kind we wanted..red or white...then brought bottle. Poured us each a glass and left the bottle. When we were done eating, I asked for cork for the bottle, and we took what was left in the bottle back to our room.

22 minutes ago, shari1737 said:

This may be a stupid question but do they open the free bottle the night you get it?  Or can you actually drink it on another night?  I am a wine drinker but my husband isn't.  

You can absolutely take the bottle with you, or let them keep it and have it served in the MDR during the remainder of the cruise, if you wish.