King Charles III Coronation.

Scorpio41

I must have heard my Mum talk about the late Queens Coronation at least 100 times. They had the only TV in the street and the neighbours came in etc etc. I intend to watch it in order to bore subsequent generations myself 😂.

In all seriousness, I will be glued to it and we wouldn’t want to be away from home. It is genuinely history in the making. Just hoping that the two attention seekers from California don’t make an appearance trying to steal the limelight!

• Like 7

33 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I must have heard my Mum talk about the late Queens Coronation at least 100 times. They had the only TV in the street and the neighbours came in etc etc. I intend to watch it in order to bore subsequent generations myself 😂.

In all seriousness, I will be glued to it and we wouldn’t want to be away from home. It is genuinely history in the making. Just hoping that the two attention seekers from California don’t make an appearance trying to steal the limelight!

We must have the same mother!!!😅. Mine told the same story

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Selbourne said:

I wonder how many houses were crowded for the Queen's coronation ?

I was too young to remember it but my parents took my toddler brother and the 3 month old me to my grandad's house that was packed with family and neighbours because grandad had the only TV in his  street.  I do remember  that TV from when I was young, it was a really small screen with a terrible picture.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scorpio41 said:

Might have to take my own television, we are on the Aurora. 😂

I did watch the funeral on Aurora. I was in blazer and regimental tie - almost all other pax were in shorts and t shirt or the equivalent. I was a bit disappointed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I will also be watching the Coronation on the telly all day , looking forward to it. I am so glad our next cruise in is April so we won’t be away for it, I would have been gutted if we already had a cruise booked for that date. We are having a Street Party on the Sunday so will have all the bunting out a few days before. We each decorate our houses plus we have bunting for the street as well which goes from the lamp posts and across from one house to the other etc. 🇬🇧🤴🇬🇧🤴🇬🇧🤴

I was too young to remember the last coronation but I have now lived under 3 different Monarchs, being only a baby when George 6th died. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Goosebear Mum said:

We’ll be on Aurora, but will watch it at times; being a sea day. Husband will record it at home for us to catch up when we get home, if there’s anything we missed and we hear is worth a watch.  We’re British and should be proud of our (few) traditions. 

Us too. 🙂

• Like 2

On 2/13/2023 at 8:29 PM, Selbourne said:

Hope they do turn up .They are part of a very dysfunctional family. Look at Charles!

• Like 2