2nd Lobster 16.95 in dining room.

On 2/10/2023 at 7:06 PM, Longford said:

Maybe just raise cruise prices by $25 per day per person so that big eaters have their second entree.  🤩

I’d rather they just charge people for a 2nd entree! I don’t want to pay more because other people eat too much.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, RD64 said:

Or if you really want it - just pay the price asked instead of coercing your table mates into an uncomfortable situation. If you  can afford the cruise suck it up and pay for the lobster if it is so important to you.

It wasn't coercing.  After you spend some 7-night dining together you basically become friends/tablemates and did not bother that person and was glad to do it.  Hey, free is good just like my 8 niter.🤣

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, nelblu said:

It wasn't coercing.  After you spend some 7-night dining together you basically become friends/tablemates and did not bother that person and was glad to do it.  Hey, free is good just like my 8 niter.🤣

If you had a free eight nighter then surely you could splurge on an extra lobster tail.

Edited by RD64
Spelling
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, hotsauce126 said:

i would find it strange/awkward for a stranger at the table to ask me order a second entree for them

People generally look forward to lobster night, and -- if I were not a seafood eater -- I would offer mine to a tablemate without being asked.  

8 hours ago, jencruzin said:

Let's imagine: You don't know the table mate sitting next to you, so...
"Excuse me, I know we don't know each other, but can you get me that extra tail as another entree, so I can eat it?"

Yes.

Uncomfortable. Awkward.

Get it?

No, I don't.  You've been sitting with these people for several nights.  You're friendly with one another.  Your tablemate says, "I just don't eat shellfish".  I see no harm in saying, "You're sure?  You really don't like it?  I happen to love it ... "  

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2023 at 8:17 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

Most people will not have to. It's only the overachievers who used to eat 8 lobster tails and / or ordered 2 or 3 entrees at a time who will have a problem. My wife and I usually share meals in most restaurants due to the large portions so on a cruise even the new smaller portions will seem large. My guess is that this is the same for most cruisers.

No issue with ordering two or three entrees on Odyssey a couple of weeks ago. Only issue is with lobster tail. One per customer and those in our group who aren’t fans of lobster gave ours to those in our group who enjoy it so they ended up with two. 😊

On 2/9/2023 at 4:24 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

I don't think there is going to be any "give away my lobster and order something else." The point is to stop multiple lobster orders. They are monitoring total food per table.

Everyone at the table is entitled to one lobster tail. What you choose to do with it is up to you 😉

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Lobster Night is by far the most overhyped and overrated aspect of cruising.

It's as if the only place people can get a lobster is on a cruise ship.

Ha! But a cruise ship is probably one of the few places where you've paid a several thousand dollar cover charge in order to be able to get to the lobster. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Ha! But a cruise ship is probably one of the few places where you've paid a several thousand dollar cover charge in order to be able to get to the lobster. 

This much is true. Though now I have to pay for plastic grocery bags at my local Walmart when I buy lobster so it's close.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, RD64 said:

If you had a free eight nighter then surely you could splurge on an extra lobster tail.

I could buy a lot of things, but watching my pennies is why I was able to retire early.  Thriftiness is a virtue.

15 hours ago, RD64 said:

Perhaps you could solicit the people at nearby tables as well? 

What's the name of that Logical Fallacy in which you take a real point and stretch it so it looks ridiculous?  

13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

I hope I never get seated at a table with some of the judgmental, uppity folks commenting on this thread.

Not sure which side you're on, but I'm on the side of being friendly, kind and helpful to others, especially when it costs you nothing.  

• Like 3

On 2/11/2023 at 3:33 AM, Kbonner said:

If no plans for the evening - eat one lobster at first seating, followed by a second lobster at MTD, followed by a third lobster at second seating 

I wonder if people in a full suite can order tails to their rooms. Get a full set before dinner, a full set at dinner, and another full set after dinner.

• Haha 2

On 2/13/2023 at 12:31 PM, jencruzin said:

Let's imagine: You don't know the table mate sitting next to you, so...
"Excuse me, I know we don't know each other, but can you get me that extra tail as another entree, so I can eat it?"

Yes.

Uncomfortable. Awkward.

Get it?

Have you never actually had table mates? After 6 nights, ~9-12 hours together, I'd hardly consider that not knowing each other.

We were on the Odyssey January 28th through February 5th. The first week we all ordered lobster. The second week my husband ordered steak and lobster no problem. My friend’s lobster was so small the carrots were bigger than the lobster. She did complain and they did give her another lobster. 

98725DC1-7D3F-49E5-A776-69E8FF61DFEC.jpeg

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, vegascruiser1 said:

We were on the Odyssey January 28th through February 5th. The first week we all ordered lobster. The second week my husband ordered steak and lobster no problem. My friend’s lobster was so small the carrots were bigger than the lobster. She did complain and they did give her another lobster. 

98725DC1-7D3F-49E5-A776-69E8FF61DFEC.jpeg

Yes. Complain, complain, complain! I would have brought her smaller carrots.