Don’t really understand move up

gizmodog

She does seem to be sincerely trying to be helpful.  As we know she has her facts mixed up.  The difference between an amenity and perk can certainly be confusing.  I wonder if she now realizes that the move up to the Sky Suite automatically includes the Luminae and the retreat.  I suspect she is confused about what Celebrity use to call the indulge package, which is not included.  
Having reading these posts, I am sure she now has a better understanding.

10 hours ago, jagoffee said:

She does seem to be sincerely trying to be helpful.  As we know she has her facts mixed up.  The difference between an amenity and perk can certainly be confusing.  I wonder if she now realizes that the move up to the Sky Suite automatically includes the Luminae and the retreat.  I suspect she is confused about what Celebrity use to call the indulge package, which is not included.  
Having reading these posts, I am sure she now has a better understanding.

She still seems to be confused. She said she had to fight for 5 days to get... Luminae and the Retreat. 

But as amenities they come with the suite. So it doesn't seem like she actually had to fight for anything, just she misunderstood twice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

She still seems to be confused. She said she had to fight for 5 days to get... Luminae and the Retreat. 

But as amenities they come with the suite. So it doesn't seem like she actually had to fight for anything, just she misunderstood twice.

We have no idea if she is still confused, but she was certainly confused and wrong when she make the video.  She is not the one that posted it on this thread, so perhaps she has not received any of the input.

Or perhaps it was ploy to increase the number of people that watch her video.  Sort of like “click bate”.

3 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

I am currently booked in a deluxe veranda cabin (slanted balcony cabin on the hump) and would be interested in bidding on a Sky suite. What do you think the minimum bud per person would be? 

The minimum bid is set by cruise move up bid , it is the link 

18 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

I didn’t hear her say concierge class. She clearly says a Sky Suite. She also says she had to fight to have it include retreat access and Luminae dining. 
I do think that is a super cute dress she is wearing!

My apologies.  I did not want to watch the video again

42 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

We have no idea if she is still confused, but she was certainly confused and wrong when she make the video.  She is not the one that posted it on this thread, so perhaps she has not received any of the input.

Or perhaps it was ploy to increase the number of people that watch her video.  Sort of like “click bate”.

I am sorry everyone.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I am the one who posted the video but am in no way associated with the person who made the video.  I watched it because I was considering looking into this.  The responses have been helpful to me with regards to helping make the distinction as to what is and is not include.  No click bait intended

• Like 2

As she constantly repeated throughout the video, she assumed or she though, she even admitted that she did not bother to check.  

Had she taken the time to look through the post about Move Up here on CC she would have found out that only the amenties are included and not the perks.  I have seen multiple post explaining this. 

4 hours ago, mosleyman said:

I am sorry everyone.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I am the one who posted the video but am in no way associated with the person who made the video.  I watched it because I was considering looking into this.  The responses have been helpful to me with regards to helping make the distinction as to what is and is not include.  No click bait intended

No need to apologize.  My click bait and number of viewer was just a possibility for her motivation, it was not directed at you.  

Kind of hard for me to believe she did not discuss it and get further clarification while on board from other passengers and/or staff.   She seemed to really enjoy what she actually received with are the standard terms.

I am sorry that you may have thought that I was criticizing you in any way.  I am glad that you learned a lot.  

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

No need to apologize.  My click bait and number of viewer was just a possibility for her motivation, it was not directed at you.  

Kind of hard for me to believe she did not discuss it and get further clarification while on board from other passengers and/or staff.   She seemed to really enjoy what she actually received with are the standard terms.

I am sorry that you may have thought that I was criticizing you in any way.  I am glad that you learned a lot.  

No offence was taken. I think these boards are great and I definitely have learned a lot from the various discussion and viewpoints

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

On Tuesday my Move-Up bid “locked.”

4 expired and 1 is still pending but I cannot do anything to it.

No charges on CC and when I go into my reservations the cabin number is unchanged. Any thoughts on how much longer before I might hear something? Seemed like it is usually 2-4 days after this happens.

35 minutes ago, NCStateCruiseLover said:

No charges on CC and when I go into my reservations the cabin number is unchanged. Any thoughts on how much longer before I might hear something? Seemed like it is usually 2-4 days after this happens.

Please see post #3 🤣

The cruise we have booked for October is showing pretty much sold out. One cabin in each category has opened up today (I’m guessing maybe as final payments would have been due for everyone around now?). 

How ‘sold out’ does it need to be for the Move Up process not to happen? Sounds like a stupid question now I’ve typed it out…but I mean I suppose at least one cabin must be available for anyone to shuffle along? I was hoping to bid but seems like I may not get the chance! 

Last sailed with Celebrity in 2019 and I don’t recall getting the offer then. Thanks for any help!

3 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I would suspect that even if the ship is sold out they would still run the MoveUp process.  There are always last minute cancellations.

Our sailing in August seems to be sold out in all non suite categories and I still was offered 4 veranda categories to bid on. ( from current OV) Unless some verandas/ concierge bid up to suites, I don’t imagine there’s much hope of success. 

On 7/2/2023 at 9:11 AM, NCStateCruiseLover said:

Offer has now been locked 8 days. No update.

On 7/2/2023 at 11:29 AM, wrk2cruise said:

I would suspect that even if the ship is sold out they would still run the MoveUp process.  There are always last minute cancellations.

Also, the data they can harvest on what people are willing to bid on upgrades has value.

I have a related question. We're on a September cruise and got the Move Up email last week. We're already in a Sunset Sky Suite so I'm not really interested in moving up, but I am curious about how the bids work - is the minimum bid the same for every bidder, or is it based on your current cabin? For instance, would I be bidding the same minimum to maximum amount for, say, a Royal or Celebrity suite, as someone who has a Veranda, or do each of our bid amounts differ depending on which cabins we would be moving up from?

37 minutes ago, PH2 said:

I have a related question. We're on a September cruise and got the Move Up email last week. We're already in a Sunset Sky Suite so I'm not really interested in moving up, but I am curious about how the bids work - is the minimum bid the same for every bidder, or is it based on your current cabin? For instance, would I be bidding the same minimum to maximum amount for, say, a Royal or Celebrity suite, as someone who has a Veranda, or do each of our bid amounts differ depending on which cabins we would be moving up from?

I can tell you that I was booked in a veranda cabin when I received my move up email. Since then, I paid to upgrade to a sky suite and my min and max bids did not change. Mine is a fringe case that doesn't necessarily answer you question definitively.