Sharing Voom 4 devices

ksmommy5

I’d like to purchase the voom 4 device but only need 1–was thinking of sharing with others in my roll call. What’s the easiest way to do this? I’m assuming the login is just for login and doesn’t give everyone access to my account. 

I wouldn't do it.  We get multiple device packages for our family, but the problem is not everyone logs off properly, so we end of kicking each other off constantly.   There's no way to make your device immune to this, so it could get pretty annoying if you are the one paying and someone who isn't even sailing with you is kicking you off your internet package.

• Like 1

As I recall, after being admonished by DW and a notice from Guest Services, It's only 1 device at a time.

You have to log out of a device and relog onto another.  I have an Android phone and a Samsung tablet.  If I am using the phone and want to use an app on the tablet, I have to log off the phone and log in on the tablet.  No big deal and no restrictions logging in or out.  But hard to do with 4 different people and 4 or more different devices.

I have seen this done several times on longer cruises like TA’s and TP’s. One person will purchase the 1 person, 4 devices, and then share login and pin. 4 devices can be logged on at same time. I was part of one of these, but unfortunately cruise was cancelled during Covid. 
The only issue I saw, was couples only paying for one device and both of them being logged on at same time. That might prevent one of the other purchaser’s being able to log on. But as a solo traveler, I would knock them off, and that should be a hint to them.

And you need to be very upfront about rules and get cabin numbers.

Does that make sense? LOL

Edited by crzndeb

If you are only using the devices say in cabin to work, get a travel router that can connect to the ship wifi and broadcast it's own wifi network.  Connect the 4 devices to the routers wifi network and all 4 will share the single internet connection.

3 minutes ago, bethco said:

They no longer give a big discount for the multi device packages.  It i more like $1 per day off of second device.  It may not be worth the trouble.

I just checked for our 8-day sailing next week on Harmony.  One device is $143.92, four devices is $479.92.  That is a $95.76 saving over four people purchasing one device each. 

17 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I just checked for our 8-day sailing next week on Harmony.  One device is $143.92, four devices is $479.92.  That is a $95.76 saving over four people purchasing one device each. 

Good to know.  During the black Friday sale when I was getting mine, there was no savings for a group.

24 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Yes, its for our TA. After checking the discount its only 47$ difference. I guess I will disconnect for 11 days 🙂

32 minutes ago, bethco said:

They no longer give a big discount for the multi device packages.  It i more like $1 per day off of second device.  It may not be worth the trouble.

Ty! I just checked and its really only a 47$ savings. 

19 hours ago, ksmommy5 said:

Ty! I just checked and its really only a 47$ savings. 

Its not worth the savings, especially when dealing with unknowns.  I would only do that with people I'm sailing with.

I had a 4 device plan split between friends of mine in different cabins.  It worked fine.  In fact, I had more problems with the 2 device plan with my wife because she was trying to switch between her phone and laptop, and Voom did not log off correctly on her phone.  Voom can be finicky about logging off sometimes.