No more masks

12 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

I don't care too much what people do in public unless it affects me. One thing for sure is covid or not, I prefer people not coughing, sniffing and sneezing around me.

And especially those that lower their mask to make it easier to cough/sniff/sneeze.

• Like 3

This is great news, but I have my fingers crossed in hoping history doesn't repeat.

We were on Majestic's first no mask required cruise in October. We thought it was great but were noticing a daily increase in coughers and sneezers beginning at day 0. We returned home with covid, and Majestic (and other Carnival ships) reinstated masks when they hit 800 infections on the following cruise.

Now we embark Majestic again on Friday to a no-mask environment. I am pretty happy about that, but also hoping we don't hear those Twilight Zone coughing sounds after we board. 

26 minutes ago, arxcards said:

This is great news, but I have my fingers crossed in hoping history doesn't repeat.

We were on Majestic's first no mask required cruise in October. We thought it was great but were noticing a daily increase in coughers and sneezers beginning at day 0. We returned home with covid, and Majestic (and other Carnival ships) reinstated masks when they hit 800 infections on the following cruise.

Now we embark Majestic again on Friday to a no-mask environment. I am pretty happy about that, but also hoping we don't hear those Twilight Zone coughing sounds after we board. 

Hi Jeff

I haven't seen or heard any increase in coughing etc during the cruise except for the usual ones you get on a ship.

Also you will be pleased to hear that embarkation was fantastic. 20 minutes from uber to Alfredo's.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TommyH2006 said:

Hi Jeff

I haven't seen or heard any increase in coughing etc during the cruise except for the usual ones you get on a ship.

Also you will be pleased to hear that embarkation was fantastic. 20 minutes from uber to Alfredo's.

Thanks for the good news. We have already penciled in Alfredo's for embark lunch. I hope the extra disembark time for a domestic cruise following an international cruise is only minor, and a smooth boarding follows.

First stop, Good Spirits to say hello and grab a drink, then the short walk to Alfredo's. The cabin and safety stuff can wait.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 8:59 AM, arxcards said:

When I read about the No mask rule, it took me back to that Majestic cruise we were all on. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself, as I never want to feel that sick again. Masks still for us.😷😷😷😷😷

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, resordanis said:

When I read about the No mask rule, it took me back to that Majestic cruise we were all on. I hope history doesn’t repeat itself, as I never want to feel that sick again. Masks still for us.😷😷😷😷😷

4 months on, and we are hoping for a bit of lingering immunity. We are only doing 3 nights to Brisbane, so that works in our favour too. We are still happy to go masks in lifts and busy areas.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, arxcards said:

4 months on, and we are hoping for a bit of lingering immunity. We are only doing 3 nights to Brisbane, so that works in our favour too. We are still happy to go masks in lifts and busy areas.

We have two cruises coming up. 1 5 nighter and 1 in April 10 nights. Hoping for the immunity but definitely won’t be taking chances! Same with trains and public transport!

• Like 4

We're cruising again in March and will still continue to wear masks when moving around the interior of the ship, in the theatre, and at trivia. It just seems sensible to me. In fact if masks had been just a normal part of life pre-Covid there would have been far less "cruise cough" on the cruises we did in the past and it might have saved me from some nasty bouts of bronchitis.

• Like 12

4 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

And good hand hygiene to stop norovirus

There was an alert on news today re monkey pox. It expected there could be cases due to influx of visitors for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras. The MP virus is spread by skin or surface contact. Masking not necessary but hand hygiene, as mentioned by Mic, is recommended.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

And good hand hygiene to stop norovirus

Be aware hand sanitizer does not kill the norovirus but washing with soap and water does. It does however, kill the Covid virus because of the alcohol. My husband works on the idea that if alcohol kills it on your hands then it must work internally as well, hence more scotch consumed! We haven't had Covid so far!!!

Juls

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

49 minutes ago, Normanville said:

Be aware hand sanitizer does not kill the norovirus but washing with soap and water does. It does however, kill the Covid virus because of the alcohol. My husband works on the idea that if alcohol kills it on your hands then it must work internally as well, hence more scotch consumed! We haven't had Covid so far!!!

Juls

It didn't work for us. 11 nights with a drinks package, only to return home with covid.

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

It didn't work for us. 11 nights with a drinks package, only to return home with covid.

Not enough SCOTCH!!! 

Just to be on the safe side we are booked for our 5th booster this afternoon. We sale in two weeks on the Grand for NZ, so should be in full swing by then. I am looking forward to hearing what the drink prices have gone up to today. Very happy we are on Plus.

Juls

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Normanville said:

Juls

Not a bad strategy 

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2023 at 10:01 AM, arxcards said:

Thanks for the good news.

That good news may have been a little too early. We are on board now and have noticed and uptick in number of people coughing and blowing noses. And pretty much everyone we’ve been speaking to has mentioned increasing numbers of COVID cases on board. 

And all while the level of good mask wearing on board has been noticeably going down… 😐

2 hours ago, TrixieBel said:

That good news may have been a little too early. We are on board now and have noticed and uptick in number of people coughing and blowing noses. And pretty much everyone we’ve been speaking to has mentioned increasing numbers of COVID cases on board. 

And all while the level of good mask wearing on board has been noticeably going down… 😐

Sounds like last time, and for cruises we have taken on other ships as well. Many people initially wear masks diligently to avoid spending a cruise in iso but aren't so concerned about catching it in the days before disembarking.

If everyone disembarks in Sydney, we will start again at 0. Well, in theory anyway. Majestic is yet to update to NSW authorities, so I hope it is only at tier 1 when they do. I have had a busy week, so haven't had much time to think of getting back on Majestic. RAT and pack tomorrow. Enjoy your last couple of days.

• Like 1