Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

On 2/18/2023 at 7:28 PM, Mud_Shark said:

It will be based upon journey length (as indicated in the terms.  If it is more than $10 per day, I am most certainly out (and probably $7 per day will be iffy.  I buy it only for the specialty coffees, as I don't drink regular coffee.  And I usually drink one specialty drink per day (ok, on sea days it is sometimes 2).  So, I will make the decision based upon the cost.

I assume no one has heard or seen anything new explaining the status of any possible new coffee package?
I wrote customer relations asking for clarification as to what is going on but have heard nothing from them. I also haven’t heard anything from those keeping the emerald “Live from” thread where I asked the question. 

9 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I assume no one has heard or seen anything new explaining the status of any possible new coffee package?
I wrote customer relations asking for clarification as to what is going on but have heard nothing from them. I also haven’t heard anything from those keeping the emerald “Live from” thread where I asked the question. 

Nada

5 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

Thanks. Was afraid of that. I just asked the question a second time in the emerald love from thread. Won’t hurt to try. 

Yes, I asked on another ship also. 

A couple of coffee threads going.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

For what it’s worth, I am currently on Discovery and you can purchase the New Ground Coffee Package on board for $31. 

1CC62D1F-0B94-4471-921C-6F6481273A53.thumb.jpeg.d9fb6f741e8f35f5190637e48c33ab2b.jpeg

Thank you for responding.

That’s the old price.  Seems that the big change or price increase.  
I see you left Feb 20.  Wonder if ocean concierge is updated?

Edited by PacnGoNow

I am on the Caribbean Princess, I spoke to the Bar Manager today.  He said “Princess is pushing Plus\Premier packages”. I told him “ not everyone drinks alcohol and they want just coffee/Classic soda packages”. He said “ he would pass the complaint on”

I had emailed my agent to contact her Princess Representative not the phone booking agent as we all know they don’t know what’s goes on to complain also.  My agent has passed my email over to her Representative.

More people have to write and complain 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

For what it’s worth, I am currently on Discovery and you can purchase the New Grounds Coffee Package on board for $31. 

1CC62D1F-0B94-4471-921C-6F6481273A53.thumb.jpeg.d9fb6f741e8f35f5190637e48c33ab2b.jpeg

Thanks Shelly97060,

That’s encouraging. And it’s less than prepurchase prices used to be! 

3 minutes ago, phabric said:

I am on the Caribbean Princess, I spoke to the Bar Manager today.  He said “Princess is pushing Plus\Premier packages”. I told him “ not everyone drinks alcohol and they want just coffee/Classic soda packages”. He said “ he would pass the complaint on”

I had emailed my agent to contact her Princess Representative not the phone booking agent as we all know they don’t know what’s goes on to complain also.  My agent has passed my email over to her Representative.

We know they are pushing.  But, did he say if the coffee package is going to be still offered?  If so, the new price effective 2 days ago?

3 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

The $31 will have 18% gratuity added when purchased in the ship so it will end up being $36.58 if my math is right 😄

That is the current price, except it doesn’t show in the cruise personalizer.  We’re trying to figure out if it will be put back on the website, same price or purchase OB, still an option to switch out for Elite mini bar?

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Perhaps $31 is the amount before the gratuities?  We were on Ruby two weeks ago and it was $36.58, which included the gratuities (18%). I sure hope they keep the grounds package - we LOVED IT!!! 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I am doing a B2B, I will see what happens on the voyage that starts 2/27 and report back!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

12 minutes ago, californiagirl said:

Phabric I agree those packages would be wonderful!  Because we don’t drink alcohol it has not been cost effective to buy the plus or premier packages.  It’s much cheaper to buy the soda package and add wifi and gratuities separately.  

This is what we presently purchase separately.  Princess is still making money off of us.

People have to contact their agent who has to to contact their agent’s Princess Representative (not the phone booking agent) to complain then maybe Princess will listen to the wants of their passengers 

23 hours ago, phabric said:

I meet the Bar Manager again today, Feb 22.  He remember me from the other day when I discussed the Classic Soda and Coffee packages disappearing.

I mention why not have a - 

Soda package with soda, tips, WiFi

Coffee package with coffee, WiFi, tips

He liked the idea and will pass it on.  He said Princess is gathering information and no decision can be made right away.  I also mentioned the discussions on Cruise Critic and Facebook about the removals.

Edited by phabric
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, phabric said:

I meet the Bar Manager again today, Feb 22.  He remember me from the other day when I discussed the Classic Soda and Coffee packages disappearing.

He liked the idea and will pass it on.  He said Princess is gathering information and no decision can be made right away.  I also mentioned the discussions on Cruise Critic and Facebook about the removals.

So, can you purchase the new grounds coffee package OB now?  It shows the package in the descriptions of packages, but no price.

It is not in the cruise personalizer.

I would like to know if they’re still selling the New Ground coffee package OB,

for 15 specialty coffees/teas.  You should be able to buy it at the IC.  I hope.

TIA

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, phabric said:

Thinking "outside" the box.  Good suggestion.  But, would it be just convenience or actually cheaper than purchasing Soda Package, Medallion Net with 50% discount, and crew appreciation for specific cabin category?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In the past,  I purchase soda, tips, 50% WIFI for each of my cruises.  I can not purchase soda package for my two 2024 cruises.

Being Canadian, I pay $20/day for the soda package, I do not drink enough soda/mocktails to pay for itself.  I purchase it for the convenience getting a drink when I pass a bar when I want one.

If Princess goes away totally with the soda package and makes it a package I would purchase the package it would better than none.

• Like 1

My agent was going to change cabins on my 2024 cruise. I wrote to her to ask if calling if she could find out if the Soda package could be purchased by phone.  She wrote back that she was able to add Soda package to my Feb 2024 and Sept 2024 cruises.

• Like 1