Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

8 hours ago, gottagocit said:

The coffee package (card) referred to in the OP cost $38-39 for 15 specialty coffees which a coffee drinker would probably drink 1-2 per day. The ”Zero alcohol” package you’re referencing cost $47 per day.  Please explain why a coffee drinker would think that is a reasonable alternative?  THAT is the bottom line imo. 

Totally agree!

Mathing it out, it's foolish to get the Zero-Alcohol Drink Package at $47.19 per day (when 18% is added to the $40), when the plus package is $60 and includes grats, WIFI and the rest of the 'new' items.  

Just the $16 grats added to $47.19 works out to $63.19.  

• Like 4

They have updated the packages pages,  Well, kind of….

They show the new ones effective Feb 20, 2023.  
They do show a soda package.  Don’t know if this is a change?  Don’t do this one.

They show a new grounds coffee package in there, but no price listed,

like I said….kind of updated it!😳

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/beverages/

So, did they forget to update the coffee and soda packages or did they forget to delete them? 

Always mistakes.

Edited by PacnGoNow

I believe this is an attempt to drive people towards the new increased Plus pricing. Yes they will continue to offer coffee and soft drink packages but will make the pricing unappealing. Thus either driving folks to Plus or pay-as-you-go. Or driving an increase in 'sharing' with the limited packages....ie. "if i am paying THIS much for  soft drink pkg I am getting my husband/wife/kid a coke".  Not condoning or encouraging it, just sayin....

I fully expect them to stop allowing soft drinks to be carried on at some point. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, gottagocit said:

We do the same thing and I had not even thought about also possibly losing that option until reading your message. That would be a huge peoblem for us.

If the coffee package is going away I will not be happy at all unless they’re reducing the per cup rate to something equivalent it I can’t recall the last time the price of anything was lowered so….

It is already a problem for us. Just realized I didn’t order the coffee package on my cruise in a few weeks, only because I was going to exchange Elite minibar for 2 coffee packages. 

I don’t have any options to buy a coffee package on my booking. Not updated yet.

I bet this weekend we will see more changes on the website on these packages.  Just have to recheck again.

😟

• Like 2

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

It is already a problem for us. Just realized I didn’t order the coffee package on my cruise in a few weeks, only because I was going to exchange Elite minibar for 2 coffee packages. 

I don’t have any options to buy a coffee package on my booking. Not updated yet.

I bet this weekend we will see more changes on the website on these packages.  Just have to recheck again.

😟

More than once I have expressed understanding on these boards with respect to carnival needing to raise prices and once again turn a profit but this one is ridiculous of it is as we believe it is. Surely they simply fumbled on the rollout and a slightly more expensive version of the coffee card is about to hit the list of options. If not they’re out of their minds. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

More than once I have expressed understanding on these boards with respect to carnival needing to raise prices and once again turn a profit but this one is ridiculous of it is as we believe it is. Surely they simply fumbled on the rollout and a slightly more expensive version of the coffee card is about to hit the list of options. If not they’re out of their minds. 

I know. I don’t like to be pushed into something I would not use.

I just canceled one of my very expensive cruises with them.  My next one is too close to cancel, so I canceled all my extra OB services, excursions, UBD, UBB, etc.  Just because.  

We will just have to order coffee a la carte, unless they come up with a “coffee” package. 

Very disappointed.

• Like 3

They need to offer the soda card for kids. Pushing them to Plus is just greedy. And there are many of us (me included) who do not drink alcohol. I used to buy Plus for the convenience but didn't on this next cruise. I was going back and fourth between spending OBC on it, buying a soda package for mocktails, juice and hot chocolate or buying one of the non-alcoholic packages. Confused as one included hot chocolate and the other didn't (I will be in Alaska). I didn't know if that was a typo or what. I don't need coffee just juice, mocktails and hot chocolate.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

It is a price increase and an attempt to move the standard price point for cruisers to the Plus fare.  And the reality is product change like this is studied and modeled.  They know they may lose x number of customers over this, but the bet is that most customers will just grumble about the change and it might push them into the Plus offering which then makes the upsell reasonable on Premier to increase sales of that.  And there is some truth to this because a Carnival customer has MSC, RC, and NCL before having to move up a class of line.  It is harder for a Princess customer to wander at the same price point, especially with Celebrity making cuts and price increases of its own (Yes there are other lines, but all much smaller and so harder to stick within one brand for regular cruisers.)  

5 minutes ago, mowogo said:

It is a price increase and an attempt to move the standard price point for cruisers to the Plus fare.  And the reality is product change like this is studied and modeled.  They know they may lose x number of customers over this, but the bet is that most customers will just grumble about the change and it might push them into the Plus offering which then makes the upsell reasonable on Premier to increase sales of that.  And there is some truth to this because a Carnival customer has MSC, RC, and NCL before having to move up a class of line.  It is harder for a Princess customer to wander at the same price point, especially with Celebrity making cuts and price increases of its own (Yes there are other lines, but all much smaller and so harder to stick within one brand for regular cruisers.)  

i think we would lean and are leaning towards returning to our pre-cruising days and land based travel vs another cruise line. We did an amazing one last summer to Tanzania and have another booked for Scandinavia and the Baltic’s this fall to chase the northern lights up above the arctic circle for several days while in the neighborhood. 
With our cruises typically being the longer ones the beverage package cost is higher than the cruise fare itself, effectively doubling the cost of the cruise before adding taxes and port fees. Added perks aside that tilts the scales imo and makes it more costly than land based independent travel and it’s not even close. Time will tell how this settles out but it’s not looking good to me. 

• Like 2

Neither of us drinks alcohol so we purchased a soda package each and a coffee package for the hot chocolate for me and 15 specialty coffees for my husband.  No longer showing on our reservation although it has been paid in full for some time.  Live Chat not available so will have to try and sort this out later.  Never been a fan of carrying on soda but, at these new prices, you can bet we will!

7 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

I know. I don’t like to be pushed into something I would not use.

I just canceled one of my very expensive cruises with them.  My next one is too close to cancel, so I canceled all my extra OB services, excursions, UBD, UBB, etc.  Just because.  

We will just have to order coffee a la carte, unless they come up with a “coffee” package. 

Very disappointed.

At this point you may be getting ahead of things.  As of this point no one has reported the inability of buying them on board or of Elites trading in their minibar for coffee cards.  At this point we do not know either the reason or the outcome of them being removed from pre-purchase options.  It could be as serious as them being removed entirely or it could be that they remain as an onboard option.

6 hours ago, mowogo said:

Looks like they want to be an all inclusive cruise line and take away passenger choice.  

We usually just buy the coffee cards and soda package because neither one of us drink alcohol.  On our next cruise they want us to buy a package which will increase the cruise by $2500 after we have fully paid and now they are changing things on us.  

Our coffee card and beverage package we bought now shows "out of stock."  Princess is really going to lose a lot of loyal cruises.  Time to go to the more small ship luxury brands and leave Princess Price Gougers behind if this is the new Princess model.

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ldtr said:

At this point you may be getting ahead of things.  As of this point no one has reported the inability of buying them on board or of Elites trading in their minibar for coffee cards.  At this point we do not know either the reason or the outcome of them being removed from pre-purchase options.  It could be as serious as them being removed entirely or it could be that they remain as an onboard option.

It seems some may have missed PacnGoNow's post (#48) and the link supplied. 

There is a "New"  New Grounds Coffee package being rolled out in the next few days or weeks.  Price has not been released, but it will vary depending upon journey length.  And it does say in the details that Mini-bar cannot be subbed for this package (at least that is how I read it).

See Exclusion #2 below:

New Grounds Coffee Package

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• The package may be pre-purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.
  • CANNOT be redeemed when ordering Room Service or for Mini Bar items.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Mud_Shark said:

There is a "New"  New Grounds Coffee package being rolled out in the next few days or weeks.  Price has not been released, but it will vary depending upon journey length.  And it does say in the details that Mini-bar cannot be subbed for this package (at least that is how I read it).

See Exclusion #2 below:

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.
  • Guests may redeem the number of specialty coffees purchased in the package in locations where espresso is available. This will include select bar and dining areas and varies by ship and/or itinerary.
  • Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

• The coffee package is valid only on the voyage for which it is purchased. If the maximum number of coffees pre-purchased are not used during the voyage, the remaining value will NOT be credited or refunded and is NOT transferable for any purpose.
  • Coffee packages cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to any individual. Pre-purchased specialty coffees may be shared, but complimentary brewed coffee, teas and hot chocolate continue to be limited to the purchaser.

• Does NOT apply to bottled or ready to drink items such as canned coffee items etc.

Terms and Conditions

• Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update these terms and conditions of our beverage packages / offers at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply, in addition to the terms and conditions of the passage contract.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented with or without notice.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency (Australia as an example), packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations. Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.
  • By purchasing a coffee package, you agree to these and all future terms and conditions.

To be clear…I’m not sure if this is information for the old package and has not been removed…or is it the new coffee package without a price???

All I know is, they removed the coffee package from the Cruise Personalizer last weekend, while making pricing updates.

Did they eliminate it?  Or, are they increasing the price and going to update the personalizer?  IDK.

I have emailed the IT department to see if it is an error with the updating?  No answer from them.

The effective date of the increases are supposed to be Feb 20th, according to the informational pages.  So, we will know soon, I hope.  We know they do not quickly update the informational pages.  So, that may be old information.

They may be updating again this weekend or fix their possible bug they created.  

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

See Exclusion #2 below:

15 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

See Exclusion #2 below:

You are correct. I did miss this the lost with this link. Thanks for giving us a second chance at it. As PacnGoNow just noted it’s not easy to determine if this is the old New..,  or new New…. Lol. Although the previous one didn’t have a varied number of coffees but had 15 so this may be the new one. We should know in a couple days. The big question is what will the cost of the new one be. 
if you’re right and they aren’t they will not allow elites to exchange their mini bar for them that’s a large loss imo as we always do that. 

22 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

See Exclusion #2 below:

Terms & Conditions

What is Included

Terms and Conditions

This sounds like the coffee package we bought and have bought on recent crises which now shows out of stock in our personalizers.