Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are missing the point here (sarcasm/aka Sheldon).  Mathematically (and logic)...

IF...Princess became an all inclusive cruise (everyone with the drink package), THEN...the average of drinks would be reduced (those that drink + those that don't drink divided by total number of passengers.  (Example: (15 + 2) / 2 = 7.5 drinks / less than the highest number) 

Followed by...less drinks over the entire cruise SHOULD equal a lower price point.  

____

Then there is the inconsistency amongst the fleet:  Royal = brewed coffee.  low lifers get syrup.  One ship gets the coffee package, other ships don't.  This would all be settled if Princess would just provide a good cup of real coffee, for FREE.

"Followed by...less drinks over the entire cruise SHOULD equal a lower price point.  "

For those who buy the drinks / drink pkg but higher for those who do not. In other words: yes your price goes down but mine goes up as I don't 'buy' a drink pkg historically!! I've traded a free perk for it

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I find it interesting that they think both people would want a coffee card. My spouse doesn’t do alcohol or tea/coffee. My dream would be one half mini bar…filled with pop and water…and one coffee card for me. 

I am a tea drinker, and DH loves his coffee. We took two coffee cards in exchange for the mini bar February 7 enchanted cruise only to find out that there  is no premium tea. So basically my coffee card was wasted because my husband didn’t use up all of his card.  In the “old days” I could have given my coffee card away for someone else. 

1 hour ago, FritzG said:

I am a tea drinker, and DH loves his coffee. We took two coffee cards in exchange for the mini bar February 7 enchanted cruise only to find out that there  is no premium tea. So basically my coffee card was wasted because my husband didn’t use up all of his card.  In the “old days” I could have given my coffee card away for someone else. 

So true, but so much fraud with those old cards.  People ruined it for others.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Ombud said:

"Followed by...less drinks over the entire cruise SHOULD equal a lower price point.  "

For those who buy the drinks / drink pkg but higher for those who do not. In other words: yes your price goes down but mine goes up as I don't 'buy' a drink pkg historically!! I've traded a free perk for it

Just wondering what “free” perk you traded for an alcohol package or are you talking about a coffee package

17 hours ago, chicopaige said:

Boarded the Discovery today and was allowed trade mini bar for two coffee cards.  Room service said it will be activated by 5:00 tonight-

I'm glad you were able to do the swap. We boarded the Sky yesterday and were told that was discontinued. Boo! Hiss!

16 minutes ago, memoak said:
11 hours ago, Ombud said:

Expand  

Just wondering what “free” perk you traded for an alcohol package or are you talking about a coffee package

Absolutely 💯% correct!! I primarily drink coffee, tea, and water. I will bring on 1 bottle wine but often don't finish it. 

2 hours ago, FritzG said:

They still have fancy teas at the IC, don’t they? I know I can get a chai tea latte, and a couple of other choices. 

On 2/25/2023 at 3:26 PM, chicopaige said:

Boarded the Discovery today and was allowed trade mini bar for two coffee cards.  Room service said it will be activated by 5:00 tonight-

Checked my bill today and saw that my specialty coffees were being charged to my account.  I questioned it at Guest Services and was told,  “There is a glitch in our system, order all the coffees you want, if you come down to our desk we will give you credit for the charges.”  I asked if they anticipated it getting  fixed soon and she said, “No”.  I guess I wait until the last night of the cruise and fight the crowds at the front desk to get my credits.  As for the morning of departure I figure I pay for any coffees ordered. Seems a bit ridiculous, but when I boarded I thought I wouldn’t get to trade mini bar for coffees, so maybe I’m lucky to get what I get.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Logged on & saw this:

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-adds-new-package-option-for-passengers/95184

Its all about the "Grounds Coffee Package" -- think someone should've clued them in that it's NOT WORKING!! So glad I don't board until 4/16/23

Edited by Ombud
Formatting error
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Logged on & saw this:

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-adds-new-package-option-for-passengers/95184

Its all about the "Grounds Coffee Package" -- think someone should've clued them in that it's NOT WORKING!! So glad I don't board until 4/16/23

Always wondered how they made money selling a coffee package for $36 for a 28 day cruise. Sounds like they will have different prices based on voyage length? 

1 hour ago, cr8tiv1 said:

This will not bode well for the Japanese when the Diamond Princess starts their run in Japan.  Can you imagine telling the Japanese passengers that they will not be allowed to purchase a coffee card for tea?

The article above states it will be length of voyage. The Diamond will probably differ from other markets. Don't they have the tea kettles in the rooms too? They were under the beds when sailing from San Diego this winter. 

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Logged on & saw this:

The whole article is BS.  Whoever wrote it doesn't even seem to realize this package has existed on Princess ships for years.  All they did was regurgitate what PCL publishes on their website and demonstrated a lack of experience and insight into the whole offering in the process IMO. 

All that has changed is Princess is pricing the package according to length of voyage instead of having one price fits all - at least this is the impression I have had from the get-go.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, chicopaige said:

Checked my bill today and saw that my specialty coffees were being charged to my account.  I questioned it at Guest Services and was told,  “There is a glitch in our system, order all the coffees you want, if you come down to our desk we will give you credit for the charges.”  I asked if they anticipated it getting  fixed soon and she said, “No”.  I guess I wait until the last night of the cruise and fight the crowds at the front desk to get my credits.  As for the morning of departure I figure I pay for any coffees ordered. Seems a bit ridiculous, but when I boarded I thought I wouldn’t get to trade mini bar for coffees, so maybe I’m lucky to get what I get.

Try using the crew chat feature on the Medallion ap.  Might be qucker.

On 2/25/2023 at 5:26 PM, chicopaige said:

16 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I'm glad you were able to do the swap. We boarded the Sky yesterday and were told that was discontinued. Boo! Hiss!

The Princess web site says "

Yes, you can make changes on board through CrewCall Chat or by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged for either the same size of a different type of liquor or beer on a one-to-one basis. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

Gee, the Princess web site can't be wrong, can it?

• Haha 1

This posted on FB yesterday, Feb 26, 2023

Boarded Regal Princess today. Beautiful ship and I know we’ll have a great week.
But….when we got to our cabin we asked to have our mini bar changed out for the “coffee card”. Yes, we know there’s no card anymore but we have been able to receive unlimited Intl coffee in exchange for our mini bar.
We were told that as of today, Feb 26 that is no longer offered. As of today!

2 hours ago, caribill said:

Yes, you can make changes on board through CrewCall Chat or by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged for either the same size of a different type of liquor or beer on a one-to-one basis. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

No, the Princess website is just as perfect as it ever was. And we all know how perfect that is. 😂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, caribill said:

That will be updated in a few months or years, don’t worry. 🙄

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, chicopaige said:

Why charge at all then, if they see you purchased the coffee card?  They should just give you a card or something to show you have the package.  Don’t ring it up.  Unreal.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justafem said:

This posted on FB yesterday, Feb 26, 2023

Boarded Regal Princess today. Beautiful ship and I know we’ll have a great week.
But….when we got to our cabin we asked to have our mini bar changed out for the “coffee card”. Yes, we know there’s no card anymore but we have been able to receive unlimited Intl coffee in exchange for our mini bar.
We were told that as of today, Feb 26 that is no longer offered. As of today!

So no exchange and they’re not selling the coffee package either?

The other choices to exchange are the same?

TIA

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

Logged on & saw this:

I wonder if Princess knows about this?

🤔

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Just wondering where on the Princess site this is.  I couldn’t find it under the captains circle benefits page. It probably won’t help me to have it bookmarked when they say no anyway.