Questions about....

Cruisegirl6

My daughter (30) does not want internet (go figure lol) is there another way where we can text eachother on the ship, I will have premium?

My daughter does not drink alcohol, she likes pellegrino at dinner and curious when she is at the bar is soda water charged or complimentary from the fountain?

Is it true the last evening on the cruise cosmopolitan is closed for dinner?

My daughter needs to choose a flight from Ft. Lauderdale to get home there is a 10:15am but unsure if she make it what are your thoughts....there is a 1:15pm flight which I feel is safer, any advice?

Does the Beyond have self walk off and if so, what time around do they start disembarkation?

What time is the Oceanview cafe open until on disembarkation day?

What time do the special needs/wheel chairs meet to disembark, is there a designated time or we can show up any time and curious to whether anybody knows where we go for the wheelchair?

My other half is still waiting for his renewal passport, he paid expedited and mailed it in December and they are useless in giving information, its still not processed, so he got a replacement birth certificate that took 3 days from NY, and my daughter's passport expired last week, we cruise on March 19th but she won't have time to get one either, question, I have her birth certificate here it was issued in 2008, would this be acceptable or do we need to get a new updated birth certificate?

We were told the only restriction to using a birth certificate/no passport is they cannot get off at Puerto Plata, but able to get off at St. Maarten and St. Thomas.

My daughter loves roulette, on the Beyond how many roulette tables do they have and if you know the minimum table play?

Does anybody know the cost for handicap parking at Port Everglades garage?

What is the busiest times for dinner in the MDR?  We do not have reservations, only 9pm-9:30pm is available.  What would our best time be in the least wait?

I read something about green with cabin service, what is that and if I go green do I get service once daily and what do you get for having green, any points etc?

THANK YOU.

Ok couple answers

1.   Best for both of you to download Celebrity App.    You an send messages through it but unusually doesn't alert you that you have a message or a very light ping.  You can use this without an internet account.

2.  San pellegrino is only covered under Premium or Zero Proof -  Otherwise a la carte $3.50 small botttle or $5 for Large.

3.  Cosmopolitan is open every night including the last night of the cruise. 

4.  Hours - again if you check the app shows open and closing hours of everythign on the ship

Ocean View 11:30-2:30 for Lunch on Day one but will have somethings open after 2:30

6:00 PM - 9:30 PM for Dinner

9:30 PM - 1:00 am Light Night

5.   Beyond has self walkoff and if you have an early morning arrival it usually starts with self walk off at 7:00 AM

4.  10:15 is possible but risky.   If she chose that one would recommend walk off which should begin at 7:00 unless something causes a late arrival.   I would to for the 1:15 flight.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, peanut head said:

I can help with a couple of your questions. Your daughter can use the Celebrity app for free to text. She would need to get the Zero Proof beverage package. Every passenger must have a beverage package now. 

Sheesh. Every passenger does not have to have a beverage package. 

• Like 2

For passport and Birthcertificates.    The link below will tell you everything you need to comply with.

The only requirement of a birth certificate -  it must be an Original Birth Certificate which is either stamped or raise stamped by the issuing agency.  A hospital birth record is not acceptable.  If there has been a name change or marriage you may also need a marriage certificate showing maiden name that matches birth certificate  -  also needs to be a government issued document and not copies. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/closed-loop-cruise

56 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

question, I have her birth certificate here it was issued in 2008, would this be acceptable or do we need to get a new updated birth certificate?

Birth certificates don’t have to be updated. Just make sure it is a certified birth certificate. Hospital certificates are not accepted. 

Interesting in the the Closed Loop link above they also now allow Enhanced Drivers License  for closed loops for Canada, Mexico and Caribbean. 

I didn't read fully but I also believe you can use Global Entry Identification Card. 

2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Interesting in the the Closed Loop link above they also now allow Enhanced Drivers License  for closed loops for Canada, Mexico and Caribbean. 

I didn't read fully but I also believe you can use Global Entry Identification Card. 

Always have been able to. EDLs are trusted traveler ID the same as Passport Cards. EDL is only issued in 5 states. 

44 minutes ago, peanut head said:

I can help with a couple of your questions. Your daughter can use the Celebrity app for free to text. She would need to get the Zero Proof beverage package. Every passenger must have a beverage package now. 

The room is booked as no perks and fully paid, does not state she has to choose a beverage package, now I am confused lol.

24 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Ok couple answers

1.   Best for both of you to download Celebrity App.    You an send messages through it but unusually doesn't alert you that you have a message or a very light ping.  You can use this without an internet account.

2.  San pellegrino is only covered under Premium or Zero Proof -  Otherwise a la carte $3.50 small botttle or $5 for Large.

3.  Cosmopolitan is open every night including the last night of the cruise. 

4.  Hours - again if you check the app shows open and closing hours of everythign on the ship

Ocean View 11:30-2:30 for Lunch on Day one but will have somethings open after 2:30

6:00 PM - 9:30 PM for Dinner

9:30 PM - 1:00 am Light Night

5.   Beyond has self walkoff and if you have an early morning arrival it usually starts with self walk off at 7:00 AM

4.  10:15 is possible but risky.   If she chose that one would recommend walk off which should begin at 7:00 unless something causes a late arrival.   I would to for the 1:15 flight.

Thank you so much, I booked the 1:15 flight, if she gets there earlier she can ask if she can get on the earlier flight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cruisegirl6 said:

The room is booked as no perks and fully paid, does not state she has to choose a beverage package, now I am confused lol.

Drink packages that are not included are booked separately under you Cruise Planner -  just like an excursion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

For passport and Birthcertificates.    The link below will tell you everything you need to comply with.

The only requirement of a birth certificate -  it must be an Original Birth Certificate which is either stamped or raise stamped by the issuing agency.  A hospital birth record is not acceptable.  If there has been a name change or marriage you may also need a marriage certificate showing maiden name that matches birth certificate  -  also needs to be a government issued document and not copies. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/closed-loop-cruise

In 2008 her birth certificate came from vital records and does have a stamp.  I had to order my other half's as he had what I have the old hospital one hahaha...his came in three days, I was shocked.  My daughter never been married, same name.  Thank you for the help.

1 hour ago, peanut head said:

If 1 has the beverage package then all adults in the cabin

must have the same package ( some exceptions, pregnant for example).  However, you can book a cabin at a cruise only rate and no one in the cabin is required to have a beverage package.

If OP daughter is 18 or 19 so if they booked AI the daughter would have the Zero Proof package