Housekeeping moving to once a day?

Donsyb

On 3/6/2023 at 12:21 PM, S.A.M.J.R. said:

Sure.  Find a cruise line that has 2x service.

Come on @S.A.M.J.R..  I personally didn't say anything about 2x service a day.  What I want is to refresh my towels or leave me double the normal amount of towels, and I said so.  I just want a fresh towel to dry off with when I get out of the shower.  It's just that simple, isn't it!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

Come on @S.A.M.J.R..  I personally didn't say anything about 2x service a day.  What I want is to refresh my towels or leave me double the normal amount of towels, and I said so.  I just want a fresh towel to dry off with when I get out of the shower.  It's just that simple, isn't it!

But see, here's what's "simple" in my mind... why do business with a company that doesn't provide the service you want?  I mean if complaining on a message board makes you feel better, great!  If you (general) think complaining on a message board is going to change anything, I have a bridge to sell you. 😉

1 minute ago, S.A.M.J.R. said:

But see, here's what's "simple" in my mind... why do business with a company that doesn't provide the service you want?  I mean if complaining on a message board makes you feel better, great!  If you (general) think complaining on a message board is going to change anything, I have a bridge to sell you. 😉

This message board is also called a "discussion board".  Using your logic, nobody should express what they desire, how they feel about policies, the quality of their food, the lack of good services, like or dislike of new itineraries, etc, etc. etc, etc.  

BTW, I have no doubt that if I ask for extra towels, I'll/we'll get them, just exactly like I do at hotels.  Yes, when I check in at hotels, as always ask for 2 extra towels as we shower when we get there and again in the morning.  And when I cruise Star Class, which isn't every cruise, I'll get 2x service every day.  

Please feel free to "discuss" more if you'd like!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pilot said:

Isn't Marriott Grande Vista a timeshare?  I haven't stayed at a timeshare that provided daily maid service. 

Yes, Marriot calls them vacation clubs.  We don’t own, just booked rooms.  It’s a beautiful property!  If their sales presentation hadn’t been so obnoxious, hubby & I would seriously consider buying in just to stay there for a couple weeks every winter.

I don't understand people's issues with extra towels. It's the Caribbean. It's hot. Swim, pool, beach, sunscreen, sun, heat, breakfast, change clothes, lunch, change clothes, dinner, change clothes. We tend to shower a lot more on a cruise, thus the need for more dry towels. And towels hung back up in a cold bathroom in a cabin with ac going don't dry fast or at all. Plus, what is wrong with wanting to treat yourself to a dry towel on vacation. Personally, they can't leave me enough.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

53 minutes ago, poocher said:

Yes, Marriot calls them vacation clubs.  We don’t own, just booked rooms.  It’s a beautiful property!  If their sales presentation hadn’t been so obnoxious, hubby & I would seriously consider buying in just to stay there for a couple weeks every winter.

Don’t buy. Timeshares are for suckers 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2023 at 8:28 AM, John&LaLa said:

OS on Odyssey was to die for

We have an aft JS the week after Oasis. Looking forward to trying that

We got a JS on Brilliance May 5th to Alaska.  Ocean view was $1100 and JS was $1400  

We are so looking forward to out first suite!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

And you did not make them come back later?

Or was it a 5 hour nap?

We figured he would come back,  but he didnt.  Because of trying to juggle everyones habits and naps,  etc some days you will just miss.  If you want your room cleaned now you have to make it available for them.  We missed plenty one of the two a day services,  but never cared.  Now its an issue.  Again on cruising i expect this very awesome and important service. We tip plenty for it.  Its just one more thing that makes cruising fun.  Someone else makes your bed and takes out the trash and dishes and refills your ice,  glasses and changes out wet towels.  We dont leave a thing of personal stuff anywhere.  

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dunrobbin said:

We got a JS on Brilliance May 5th to Alaska.  Ocean view was $1100 and JS was $1400  

We are so looking forward to out first suite!

Now you can tey and royal up!!!!  We got the owners suite on oasis and it was to die for.

3 minutes ago, resetjet said:

Now you can tey and royal up!!!!  We got the owners suite on oasis and it was to die for.

We have some bids in, but they are not high enough probably. Wouldn't that be amazing to Royal Up???

On 3/5/2023 at 1:44 PM, island lady said:

First two times...Covid related.  Third time, Wonder replaced Allure for the last of the Med cruises and then staying on for the west bound TA.  Though we once again missed seeing Momma Mia...the change of ship keeping the GS cabin for 4 weeks at no additional cost....definitely did not break my heart.  😉 

Don't give up!  Momma Mia was amazing! 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, dunrobbin said:

We have some bids in, but they are not high enough probably. Wouldn't that be amazing to Royal Up???

You never know,  sometimes its just logistics,  they likely wont upgrade a balcony to it,  they will put a js in it and then a balcony in the js on down the line.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dunrobbin said:

That's just horrible!  Why was it cancelled?

Twice due to Covid, once when replaced with Wonder for the twice around the Med and staying on for the TA  last fall. 

But that was actually a good cancellation.  Was awarded GS cabin I booked for the 4 weeks at Allure pricing.  😉 

• Like 1

P&O are already on 1 per day but they also got rid of the stupid tips completely and the prices are reasonable at the bar and the service no worse than royals. 

I cannot contemplate why Royal think a daily tip charge is acceptable whilst now providing half the service than before. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Pandamonia said:

P&O are already on 1 per day but they also got rid of the stupid tips completely and the prices are reasonable at the bar and the service no worse than royals. 

I cannot contemplate why Royal think a daily tip charge is acceptable whilst now providing half the service than before. 

Don't forget the daily tip charge also includes the waitstaff, which isn't affected by the change to 1x day service. 

• Like 1

What about all the people who no longer have jobs? They aren’t going from twice a day to once a day and keep the same staffing. Royal Caribbean Group, which includes Celebrity and others, has over sixty ships, which means that literally thousands will be without work.

4 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

What about all the people who no longer have jobs? They aren’t going from twice a day to once a day and keep the same staffing. Royal Caribbean Group, which includes Celebrity and others, has over sixty ships, which means that literally thousands will be without work.

I suspect that they have been significantly understaffed since the return to cruising, so it may not be quite that bad.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

FWIW, since Covid, they've easily doubled the amount of roving cleaners in public areas. 

This is merely my observation.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Or are they putting them to work elsewhere?

• Like 1