LAX transfer bus

Jemnibabe

13 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Does anyone know where the Princess transfer bus drops off at LAX?  Also, any information how close it might be to LAX hotel shuttles?  Thanks for the info.

I would think they would drop you off at whatever terminal/airline that you are flying . ( i.e. arrival level)  Maybe someone will chime in where they actually drop off at. 

LAX has nine passenger terminals.  But it sounds like you just want to ride to the airport and then catch a airport hotel bus?  Hotel shuttles at LAX are located on the upper/departure level identified by red curbside pylons at all Terminals.

19 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

I would think they would drop you off at whatever terminal/airline that you are flying . ( i.e. arrival level)  Maybe someone will chime in where they actually drop off at. 

LAX has nine passenger terminals.  But it sounds like you just want to ride to the airport and then catch a airport hotel bus?  Hotel shuttles at LAX are located on the upper/departure level identified by red curbside pylons at all Terminals.

Thank you so very much.  You gave me all the right answers.  Have a great weekend

On 2/18/2023 at 4:05 PM, arizonaperson said:

I may be wrong and someone will definitely set me straight. 

I believe Princess Transfers drop you off at the upper level departure terminals (where the ticket counters are).  I am not sure you will be allowed to get on the hotel shuttle that is dropping off passengers at the departure terminal.

Hotel shuttles pick up on the lower level baggage claim (outside curb). 

Doesn't Princess ask you for travel information (airline/flight number/time)?

A quick google search produced this:  

Where is hotel shuttle pick-up at LAX?

LAX Transportation

Shuttle stops are located at the PINK LAX Shuttle signs on the Lower/Arrivals level in front of each terminal.

If I may jump in here and ask the reverse please, I'm staying in Las Vegas, San Diego and LA before embarking on a cruise out of LA. I'll be staying in an airport hotel with a shuttle to the airport before the cruise.

Is it possible to book a transfer from the airport to the ship with Princess transfers if I get the hotel shuttle bus to the airport even if I don't have flight details?

6 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I may be wrong and someone will definitely set me straight. 

I believe Princess Transfers drop you off at the upper level departure terminals (where the ticket counters are).  I am not sure you will be allowed to get on the hotel shuttle that is dropping off passengers at the departure terminal.

Hotel shuttles pick up on the lower level baggage claim (outside curb). 

Doesn't Princess ask you for travel information (airline/flight number/time)?

A quick google search produced this:  

Where is hotel shuttle pick-up at LAX?

LAX Transportation

Shuttle stops are located at the PINK LAX Shuttle signs on the Lower/Arrivals level in front of each terminal.

Thank you so much for that information.  My TA booked my transfer to LAX after the cruise so not exactly sure if she had to put in an airline but I guess it really doesn't matter.  We can get off at any of them then go downstairs to baggage and find the shuttle.  Thanks again for everyones help.

• Like 1

We recently used the Princess transfer from San Pedro to Lax.  The transfer definitely stops at

each and every airline needed.  We were flying United and the bus dropped us directly in front

of the departure door.  No shuttle bus needed.

• Like 1

By the way I suggest that you get off the Princess transfer bus at terminal 1 (Southwest).  That will save you a lot of time getting to the other side plus you'll be first on the hotel shuttle.  Of course you will have to endure the traffic around the other terminals on the hotel shuttle but at least you will be on your way out of the airport.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

By the way I suggest that you get off the Princess transfer bus at terminal 1 (Southwest).  That will save you a lot of time getting to the other side plus you'll be first on the hotel shuttle.  Of course you will have to endure the traffic around the other terminals on the hotel shuttle but at least you will be on your way out of the airport.

Thank you so much for that advice.  What do you mean by the "other side?"

Last Thursday we took the transfer to LAX and then the hotel shuttle to our hotel.  Princess does ask flight info so they know when to schedule your departure from the ship.  We wanted to stay on the ship as long as possible so gave them info for a red eye.  We were then scheduled for a 9:30 departure from the ship - the latest time allowed.  By the time we arrived at the hotel it was before check in time but they had no problem checking us in, which was nice.  We stayed at the Marriott. By the way, it seems you don’t get a ticket for the shuttle any more.  According to the excursion desk, they can tell by the color of your disembarkation tag that you have booked a transfer.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Thank you so much for that advice.  What do you mean by the "other side?"

The roadway around the terminals is kind of shaped like an upside down U.  You enter at one end at terminal 1 and then the bus will go to each terminal.  Always lots of traffic.  Last October it took us about 45 minutes to get from terminal 1 to terminal 7.  Good thing we had plenty of time before our flight!

• Like 1

Might I suggest Uber (or other rideshare) as possibly being a better alternative for both Jemnibabe and Deisemum?

I disembarked from Discovery in San Pedro in mid January. Traveling solo, I purchased a transfer onboard to save a few bucks and burn excess non-refundable OBC. With a 2:00 pm flight, I joined the casual slowpokes at the end of the line to disembark and when I got out of the terminal there were no buses, just several score of angry transfers milling about in a disorganized mess waiting for the original group of buses to roundtrip back from LAX. The pier side representative pretended like they had no way of knowing how many people had purchased transfers. I waited close to an hour for the ride and regretted not having simply hopped on a rideshare. 

My experience LAX to San Pedro and back is that Uber costs about the same as two transfer tickets, so if you're traveling with someone else you save nothing by using the Princess transfers. For larger groups it's even worse. Ironically, on that sh*tsh*w of a transfer I was possibly the only person on the bus for whom it was economically sensible to be there.  Factoring in the hassle of getting an additional shuttle to a nearby hotel, I'd definitely prefer a direct rideshare.

There are very few Princess embarkation ports left where I'll rely on the ship offered transfers.

ymmv

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/18/2023 at 6:43 PM, Jemnibabe said:

Does anyone know where the Princess transfer bus drops off at LAX?  Also, any information how close it might be to LAX hotel shuttles?  Thanks for the info.

FYI:  We paid $43 including tip for Uber from the port to our airport hotel in Dec.

Easy. Didn’t take one offered at the port, wasn’t sure about them.  I just ordered Uber when we got outside on the App, like usual.  Came in 10 mins. Didn’t have to deal with the airport stops and waiting on a hotel shuttle. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all the help.  I thought rideshare and taxis cost a lot more.  We are embarking on the cruise on Thursday 6th April.

How much should I tip a rideshare or taxi as we have a different tipping culture in Ireland? TIA 

41 minutes ago, Deisemum said:

Thanks for all the help.  I thought rideshare and taxis cost a lot more.  We are embarking on the cruise on Thursday 6th April.

How much should I tip a rideshare or taxi as we have a different tipping culture in Ireland? TIA 

Taxi may be a little higher than Uber/Lyft.

When you download the Uber App, you order the ride and it gives you an option to tip, 10%, 15%, etc.  I wait until I’m into the ride or after to decide the tip. Usually, always 10%.  That’s up to you.

If you haven’t, download the App, set up your account and you’ll be ready.  We’ve used it all over the world. 

There are men outside the port

offering Uber or Lyft.  Don’t know who they are and never order through them.  I say, no thanks and use my phone to order a ride share.  The pickup is all along the sidewalk just as you walk outside.

The taxi, again 10-15% is what we do.

But, make sure if you take a taxi anywhere, check the price first. 

You might also go on the West Coast departures forum on Cruise Critic for very helpful information and questions.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/315-west-coast-departures/

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Thanks 1