Expectation for disembarkation time from Iona in Southampton?

Guest ldtr

While I have disembarked in Southampton previously with other cruise lines, I have never done so with P&O.  I am trying to determine what time I should tell the car service to pick me up there.  Based upon other cruises I have taken normally I would say about 9:30 and would have had plenty of time in case some delays were to occur.  Any suggestions?

57 minutes ago, ldtr said:

While I have disembarked in Southampton previously with other cruise lines, I have never done so with P&O.  I am trying to determine what time I should tell the car service to pick me up there.  Based upon other cruises I have taken normally I would say about 9:30 and would have had plenty of time in case some delays were to occur.  Any suggestions?

About right I would have thought

12 hours ago, ldtr said:

I had a disembarkation in January of 8.45 and was at Southampton train station at 9.30.  A very smooth and quick process!

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

We normally self-disembark with our luggage, so off the ship by 8.30.

Under normal circumstances with the improvements with disembarkation if you are doing self disembarkation you will be off well before 8:30 as main disembarkation will be well underway by then.

On 2/20/2023 at 9:38 PM, ldtr said:

Sorry to jump on your question with my own but not sure how to create my own one.Anyway ...I am familiar with ocean  terminal southampton but this time will be at the mayflower terminal, are the procedures the same and also I found the checking In time at ocean very flexible, is this the case too at mayflower please!

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

Which deck is disembarkation please ?

what time did self disembarkation start?

thanks

Disembarkation is Deck 6.

When we arrived back last Saturday, docking time was 0600 and self disembarkation started at 0630.  We had a bite of breakfast whilst the initial queue died down, walked off the ship with no queue at 0650 and the taxi dropped us off at the Holiday Inn where our car was parked at 0705.  For us, an incredibly smooth and painless process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lindypops said:

Which deck is disembarkation please ?

what time did self disembarkation start?

thanks

On our January 2024 Iona cruise people were self disembarking at 07.00am.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...