Help! Princess Demanding over $500 More Money the week of our cruise because they said they entered a wrong promotion code

North2Alaska

I would really appreciate any ideas on how to get this fixed.   We're really stressed because we sail on Saturday and tonight we got a call that we owed over $500  on top of what we already paid for our Princess Plus package.   

The details:

On Dec 8 I purchased the Princess Plus package for $756.   

Later they had a promotion that included 2 premium deserts a day and a total of 2 fitness classes during the cruise for the same price.   I called to see if I could cancel the original purchase and get the current promotion and the Princess rep said she could just bump me up to the better package. 

Fast forward to tonight and I get a call saying I owed (I so shook up I can't remember the exact amount) over $500 more because they entered an incorrect code when they bumped me up to the slightly better promotion.  Does it seem right that they would want $500 more for 2 deserts a day and 2 fitness classes over the length of the cruise?     The other weird thing, is I can buy the package from them online right now for only $150 than I payed originally for the package.  

12 minutes ago, North2Alaska said:

I would really appreciate any ideas on how to get this fixed.   We're really stressed because we sail on Saturday and tonight we got a call that we owed over $500  on top of what we already paid for our Princess Plus package.   

The details:

On Dec 8 I purchased the Princess Plus package for $756.   

Later they had a promotion that included 2 premium deserts a day and a total of 2 fitness classes during the cruise for the same price.   I called to see if I could cancel the original purchase and get the current promotion and the Princess rep said she could just bump me up to the better package. 

Fast forward to tonight and I get a call saying I owed (I so shook up I can't remember the exact amount) over $500 more because they entered an incorrect code when they bumped me up to the slightly better promotion.  Does it seem right that they would want $500 more for 2 deserts a day and 2 fitness classes over the length of the cruise?     The other weird thing, is I can buy the package from them online right now for only $150 than I payed originally for the package.  

I asked to talk to a supervisor and she said there was no one above her.   So anyway, she cancelled the package completely and said we'd get refunded what we originally paid.   Now if I want the package I have to pay a little over $900 to get it.  Which is $150 more than we originally paid but still $350 less than they were asking for tonight.   This is our 7th cruise with Princess and never had a problem before.  Anyone had anything like this happen to them on ANY cruise line?

I don't know how long the original call was but the 2nd call lasted an 1 hour and 57 minutes, mostly on hold as the 3rd rep talked to the 1st rep.  I had hoped get to the old promotion at the original price of $756 but they couldn't do that.  However, they were able to get me the new package (+2 desserts day & 2 fitness classes) at $840 which was $80 less than I could have gotten it online & didn't charge $33 that the package would have increased the insurance.  I didn't need the 2+ hours of stress this all caused but I'm going to forget about it & not let it affect our cruise.  As long as I don't get another call from Princess that is 🙂 .  Happy cruising everyone!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, nini said:

I would think that after final payment, that everything is a done deal.

I purchased the Princess Plus package after final payment.  It was the Plus package that had the wrong code put in.   I'm happy with the resolution and glad it's over with.  Now back to packing!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, North2Alaska said:

I don't know how long the original call was but the 2nd call lasted an 1 hour and 57 minutes, mostly on hold as the 3rd rep talked to the 1st rep.  I had hoped get to the old promotion at the original price of $756 but they couldn't do that.  However, they were able to get me the new package (+2 desserts day & 2 fitness classes) at $840 which was $80 less than I could have gotten it online & didn't charge $33 that the package would have increased the insurance.  I didn't need the 2+ hours of stress this all caused but I'm going to forget about it & not let it affect our cruise.  As long as I don't get another call from Princess that is 🙂 .  Happy cruising everyone!

hoping this is the one glitch for your cruise & everything else is wonderful!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, North2Alaska said:

Now if you had a travel agent, he or she would be the one spending all that time on hold. Or possibly not, as the agent might have a direct contact within the cruise line. Also, as someone who books a lot of cruises for them, the agent might have more pull than just one passenger. Or their contact might have more authority to make a change without keeping going through higher-ups.

11 hours ago, North2Alaska said:

.  Does it seem right that they would want $500 more for 2 deserts a day and 2 fitness classes over the length of the cruise?     The other weird thing, is I can buy the package from them online right now for only $150 than I payed originally for the package.  

It's also a premium drinks package, you can get higher level drinks with the Princess Premiere Package. Nobody gets "bumped up" without paying for the Premier package   It's $60/pp per day for Plus and $80/pp per day for Premiere. The fact that you have to pay extra for the Premier package is correct. 

In the future use a TA so you don't have to spend any time on the phone and they would have seen that $500 extra payment long before Princess called you. 

41 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

It's also a premium drinks package, you can get higher level drinks with the Princess Premiere Package. Nobody gets "bumped up" without paying for the Premier package   It's $60/pp per day for Plus and $80/pp per day for Premiere. The fact that you have to pay extra for the Premier package is correct. 

In the future use a TA so you don't have to spend any time on the phone and they would have seen that $500 extra payment long before Princess called 

Edited by Lady Arwen
Wrong forum