Bed size

Grandma Cruising

On 2/21/2023 at 7:00 PM, Grandma Cruising said:

I’m sure this has been discussed before, but does anyone know or remember how wide the ‘Queen’ sized bed is on Azamara.

On the Quest our  bed was no where near the size of our super king at home. We actually asked the steward to split them into two singles as we didn’t think we’d sleep well in such a smaller bed than we’re used to. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

On the Quest our  bed was no where near the size of our super king at home. We actually asked the steward to split them into two singles as we didn’t think we’d sleep well in such a smaller bed than we’re used to. 

I did take my absolutely standard tape measure, shown in the photo above. 😁 The bed (measured once in a Club Continent suite, and once in a balcony cabin,) was exactly as measured, 172cm. 

Edited by lisiamc
  • Thanks 2

It is indeed a fabulous bed with lovely bedding. For those used to super king I’m surprised if  8cm (3.5 inches) makes a significant difference. It certainly would be an understandable issue for some if Azamara dropped to 150 cm 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Edinburghgirl1 said:

We too have a super king mattress, and found no discernible difference in the the Az bed which was very comfortable. Could it be that yours is an Emperor, which is 7ft wide and 7ft long?

• Like 2