Loyalty level matching

bluetardis

10 hours ago, bluetardis said:

I have cruised a lot with Carnival and reach a pretty high loyalty level. I will be cruising on Princess and want to know if they will match my level with Carnival. Thanks 

They didn’t for us.  I have friends that went to HAL and they matched from CCL.  But, not PCL. That was pre covid!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

They didn’t for us.  I have friends that went to HAL and they matched from CCL.  But, not PCL. That was pre covid!

I could match Princess Elite to MSC Voyagers Club Diamond (Black) in 2019. But never used it. 😆

11 minutes ago, david63 said:

Technically no they will not match but there are occasional computer "glitches" where it does happen. My wife's loyalty was recently copied over from P&O but mine wasn't and when I queried it the answer was that sometimes it does!

One glitch I would haved liked!!😂

• Like 2

I sure wish they'd do this at least within the Carnival family of cruise lines. As Princess changes its targeted demographics (or heck, maybe over the years it's me changing ...), I often take a look at Holland or Seabourn to see if there's something more attractive. Once I realize I have to start over loyalty-wise, I back out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, david63 said:

Technically no they will not match but there are occasional computer "glitches" where it does happen. My wife's loyalty was recently copied over from P&O but mine wasn't and when I queried it the answer was that sometimes it does!

I'm not so sure that is a glitch.  I recall there being some kind of reciprocity between Princess and P&O, dates back to when P&O purchased Princess before the two of them ended up owned by Carnival.

• Like 2

The reciprocal loyalty between Princess and P&O ceased about seven or eight years ago and unless you had cruise with Princess before that cut off date then nothing is carried over.

When queried I was told that it is a known computer glitch.

• Like 1

Don't know if it is current, but at one time, if you had loyalty status on Carnival, for example, you used to get one star Mariner on HAL. The only line, non-Carnival family, that matches is MSC level for level. But I have never sailed MSC and at their highest level, their perks didn't jump up and grab me.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 11:12 AM, beg3yrs said:

I sure wish they'd do this at least within the Carnival family of cruise lines. As Princess changes its targeted demographics (or heck, maybe over the years it's me changing ...), I often take a look at Holland or Seabourn to see if there's something more attractive. Once I realize I have to start over loyalty-wise, I back out.

The overwhelming majority of the cruise lines loyalty programs really don't give anything to write home about.  Royal gives 4 free drinks starting at their Diamond level and NCL gives two free specialty dinners at Platinum.  

I personally think it's better to not keep all of our eggs in one basket.  We're Platinum with Carnival and priority embarkation and customer service lines are the only perks worth anything.  But I would rather cruise on the newest ships tha various lines have instead of being loyal to a single line.

• Like 4

On 2/22/2023 at 6:28 AM, david63 said:

Originally Princess counted P&O cruises in determining loyalty level. Largely due to P&O having purchased Princess. They continued the practice after CCL purchased P&O.  I believe that Princess discontinued that practice a few years ago.

I started cruising as a child back in 1973 before loyalty was even a "thing."  I have many decades of cruising which could never be claimed, and some cruise lines I sailed on no longer exist.

I have never really paid attention to my status because--I have all those little pins but who wears them anyway; I have never once done laundry on a ship (my clothes are too nice to risk); I am not a big eater so specialty restaurants are no great deal; I rarely drink alcohol so all those free drink parties are just times to smile and meet the staff, and we take all-day shore excursions so cabin service is not needed as we are rarely there!

I have been on at least ten different cruise lines, and I go on who I want, when I want, and where I want, and I have no regrets and no worries.  I am loyal to cruising!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

The overwhelming majority of the cruise lines loyalty programs really don't give anything to write home about.  Royal gives 4 free drinks starting at their Diamond level and NCL gives two free specialty dinners at Platinum.  

I personally think it's better to not keep all of our eggs in one basket.  We're Platinum with Carnival and priority embarkation and customer service lines are the only perks worth anything.  But I would rather cruise on the newest ships tha various lines have instead of being loyal to a single line.

With Royal it is 4 free drinks per day starting at their Diamond Level.  I wish Princess would do that.  

On 2/22/2023 at 1:06 PM, mtnesterz said:

Don't know if it is current, but at one time, if you had loyalty status on Carnival, for example, you used to get one star Mariner on HAL. The only line, non-Carnival family, that matches is MSC level for level. But I have never sailed MSC and at their highest level, their perks didn't jump up and grab me.

I've sailed MSC a couple of times, with priority tender being a lifesaver on ensuring I was in the first group booking external cave tubing in Belize without having to wake up at 5am to stalk tender tickets.  And the reality is that the real benefits of elite cruising are the priority boarding, tender, and dismebarkation.  The value of everything else will be argued on these boards until the end of cruising.  MSC may not offer fancy benefits, but it is nice being able to start with the priority suite instead of earning my way up.  

Only other cruise line that matches is Virgin and we don't know their new program that is launching to see the real value of matching there and what the optimal matches will be rather than the interim program they are offering now.  

On 2/23/2023 at 5:12 AM, beg3yrs said:

For real?! Over a couple of free drinks and some free laundry that you could pay for.. you back out based on that?! They've got you suckered.. lol. 

27 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

For real?! Over a couple of free drinks and some free laundry that you could pay for.. you back out based on that?! They've got you suckered.. lol. 

Everyone has their own priorities. You don't know ours and I don't know yours. However I'll share one of ours with you; we find it's important to be respectful of people.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, beg3yrs said:

Everyone has their own priorities. You don't know ours and I don't know yours. However I'll share one of ours with you; we find it's important to be respectful of people.

Yeah ok. But heck.. talk about "sweating the small stuff" as they say. 

On 2/22/2023 at 10:12 AM, beg3yrs said:

I sure wish they'd do this at least within the Carnival family of cruise lines.

With some Princess ships already having up to 70% Platinum & Elite passengers, having those with high Carnival loyalty status bring that to Princess could mean even a higher percentage of people eligible to use those benefits.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, caribill said:

With some Princess ships already having up to 70% Platinum & Elite passengers, having those with high Carnival loyalty status bring that to Princess could mean even a higher percentage of people eligible to use those benefits.

I mean when they make it where you get Platinum after only 3 solo cruises it is to be expected that the count can be high on some sailings

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

With Royal it is 4 free drinks per day starting at their Diamond Level.  I wish Princess would do that.  

That's what I said.  Diamond+ gets 5 and Pinnacle gets 6.  Major perk since their drinks package with the fluid dynamic pricing is through the roof.  Our 7 day on the Anthem of the Seas in April is 1100 for the two of us.