Cruise only vs All Included - what's the deal

newtocruiseinblue

So, if I select cruise only, refundable deposit, is the only difference is that tips, drinks and Wi-Fi are included in all included? Is there something else I'm missing? It seems alcohol is the biggest draw to all included, unless I'm missing something. Does anyone know how much Wi-Fi is per day if purchased separately and does it vary per ship class? 

Thank you in advance

If you are going to buy a drink package and wi-fi (and I assume you would pay the recommended gratuities), then the AI rate almost certainly is a much better deal. 

I just did a mock booking for a veranda on our upcoming cruise, and the AI rate was $80pp/night.  The classic drink package by itself for the same cruise is $81pp/nt (on "sale" from $89pp/nt).

Edited by DCPIV
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

If you are going to buy a drink package and wi-fi (and I assume you would pay the recommended gratuities), then the AI rate almost certainly is a much better deal. 

I just did a mock booking for a veranda on our upcoming cruise, and the AI rate was $80pp/night.  The classic drink package by itself for the same cruise is $81pp/nt (on "sale" from $89pp/nt).

Makes sense to get the all included then

4 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

Really depends on how much you drink.  If it's 10+ drinks a day, then yes.  If it's 2-3 drinks a day, then no.  Also depends on your level; if you are elite or higher and just drink mostly at the daily 5-7, you can save big $ by doing the non inclusive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

Makes sense to get the all included then

Yep.  I even forgot to add in the 18% gratuity fee on the drink package price, so it isn't even as close a call as I described in the first place.

Just now, wadewood said:

Really depends on how much you drink.  If it's 10+ drinks a day, then yes.  If it's 2-3 drinks a day, then no.  Also depends on your level; if you are elite or higher and just drink mostly at the daily 5-7, you can save big $ by doing the non inclusive.

We're talking about whether to consider AI if you already were going to buy a drink package, not whether someone wanted to buy a drink package.  Wrong thread, man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The regular price onboard is 34.99 Premium and 19.99 Basic.   They are currently on sale for 15% off pre cruise and if you have a higher status on CC+ you might be eligible for 25% discount by calling in.

One onboard they do not usually discount.

One thing you may be missing in the all included is the inclusion of Gratuities ($17-18 per day)

• Thanks 1

Cruise only pricing works well for us as we get enough wifi minutes and happy hour for drinks, with our Elite Plus status. We can also bring a couple of bottles of wine on board and our TA usually gives us enough OBC to cover gratuities. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I plan to drink heavily on my upcoming cruise.....however....

My wife barely drinks

4 days at port

$300 OBC

Bottle of champagne from AX

2-4 bottles of wine and six pack of diet coke taken onboard

I am a beer drinker but prefer draft, best I can tell there is only one location with draft on Mille (please correct me if I'm wrong).  Absent draft I'm happy with diet coke, water, or wine 

1-2 nights of free whiskey tastings and woodford night (my preferred drink outside of beer)....maybe this will not be great but we'll see!  

Bev package makes zero sense to me

16 minutes ago, dilbertsdaddy said:

I plan to drink heavily on my upcoming cruise.....however....

My wife barely drinks

4 days at port

$300 OBC

Bottle of champagne from AX

2-4 bottles of wine and six pack of diet coke taken onboard

I am a beer drinker but prefer draft, best I can tell there is only one location with draft on Mille (please correct me if I'm wrong).  Absent draft I'm happy with diet coke, water, or wine 

1-2 nights of free whiskey tastings and woodford night (my preferred drink outside of beer)....maybe this will not be great but we'll see!  

Bev package makes zero sense to me

But AI still might if you intend on buying wifi and paying the recommended gratuties.  Together, those add up to roughly $35pp/day, so you want to back that out of the AI package price to see what a drink package actually costs when you "buy" it via AI.  It may or may not make sense for you, but it's worth a quick calculation.

Just returned from b2b on Beyond, had the AI package. For comparison purposes with Cruise Only, drop the Gratuities component, since you pay that anyway, regardless of AI vs CO.

Having said that, the Classic Bev component was not worth it for us, since we are not big alcohol consumers, and used it mostly for specialty coffees and soft drinks. The included Wi-Fi is the "Basic" version, which we found to be spotty, unreliable, and did not support Audio FaceTime on our iPhones to other iPhone users at home. Plus, the Wi-Fi is for ONE device per person at a time; i.e., if you have both an iPhone and an iPad, you are constantly switching Wi-Fi between them.

Per DCPIV, choosing AI adds $80 pp/night, so that's +$1120 for a 7-night cruise; then subtract gratuities ($224) = $896 for bev + wi-fi. That's your decision point vs. separate component purchase, or no package = pay per drink + gratuity and daily wi-fi as needed (e.g., sea days)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, newtocruiseinblue said:

So, if I select cruise only, refundable deposit, is the only difference is that tips, drinks and Wi-Fi are included in all included? Is there something else I'm missing? It seems alcohol is the biggest draw to all included, unless I'm missing something. Does anyone know how much Wi-Fi is per day if purchased separately and does it vary per ship class? 

Thank you in advance

As a first time passenger you are the most likely to benefit from AI as you will not get any other benefits.

To do some simple math and using the figures given earlier in this thread.

AI costs $80 a day.

Gratuities are $17

balance $63

Now what else do you want/need?

Basic Wi-Fi $20 per day

Leaves $43 for drinks

Don't need the Wi-Fi you have $63 for drinks.

Drinks include;

alcoholic/speciality teas and coffees/bottled water and wine by the glass upto the price limit of the package.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For what it's worth, I add that the convenience of the all-included bits (drinks, Wi-Fi, tips) has an actual value, in my opinion. It's difficult to calculate a dollar amount based on one specific component, such as Wi-Fi use, drink consumption, etc., but I wouldn't overlook it.

cjr

Edited by CNSfromHI
Typo :-(
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

OK. Gotta know. What cruise is this?  Veranda with AI for $80 a night?  I’ll book it! 

• Like 1

Right now, with the 20% gratuity, the classic package as an add-on alone is $106.80 ($89+20%) pp/day. That's your starting point in comparing fares. Since the AI is actually a fare, the gratuity is buried in the fare. Gratuities are $17.50 for a standard cabin/$18 for concierge (AQ and Retreat are AI only at this point). Even if you don't drink alcohol, soda, water, and coffee ala carte can add up in a hurry, and the real difference between AI and CO becomes a lot smaller. You really have to do the math if you're making a price based decision...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCPIV said:

The $89 is before the 20% gratuity. Unless my math is failing, it's actually $106.80 (or $97.20 for the "sale" price).

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, the penguins said:

Leaves $43 (~$36 for drinks + ~$7 gratuity) for drinks

Don't need the Wi-Fi you have $63 (~$53 for drinks + ~$10 gratuity) for drinks.

Clarified above to note that the amounts you referenced are inclusive of gratuities.