Boston Hotel pre-cruise

Cruisingirl2012

I agree with 1025.  Shuttles are offered by cheaper hotels a good distance from the city.  Taxi/Uber under a mile is going to be under $15.  There are two hotels basically attached to the terminal you could easily walk from, and another half dozen (or more) within a 15 minute walk or short car ride in teh Seapot area.

Then you have dozens of options in "Old" Boston, across Fort Point Channel from the Seaport District

Budget might come into play for these properties.

What area/hotel would you recommend for a solo (61F) traveler to stay 2 nights pre cruise for a “walkable” hotel? I’d like to stay around $500 per night. I know the prices are going to be sky-high as my cruise leaves on 10/18/2024 - same day as the Charles Regatta! 😢 

1 hour ago, NayRN said:

What area/hotel would you recommend for a solo (61F) traveler to stay 2 nights pre cruise for a “walkable” hotel? I’d like to stay around $500 per night. I know the prices are going to be sky-high as my cruise leaves on 10/18/2024 - same day as the Charles Regatta! 😢 

Bad luck with the regatta.  For 2 nights, I would recommend staying downtown, in the Fanueil Hall area, or Back Bay/Copley.  It is going to cost you, but you will be near the Freedom Trail with the Fanueil hall lodging, and near shopping, history, and Fenway Park in Back Bay/Copley.

Staying near the cruise terminal puts you in a new and glitzy neighborhood, but not near traditional Boston attractions and not much transit connections

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nitemare said:

Bad luck with the regatta.  For 2 nights, I would recommend staying downtown, in the Fanueil Hall area, or Back Bay/Copley.  It is going to cost you, but you will be near the Freedom Trail with the Fanueil hall lodging, and near shopping, history, and Fenway Park in Back Bay/Copley.

Staying near the cruise terminal puts you in a new and glitzy neighborhood, but not near traditional Boston attractions and not much transit connections

Thanks Nitemare! I have an alarm set on my phone to remind me in 10/2023 to book! I’m happy to hear that Faneuil Hall has good lodging nearby! I will start looking at hotels near there so I can plan accordingly! Maybe I’ll just come in one night early…..but the price for the cruise was amazing and I knew that October in Boston would be pricy!!

Yeah, book that hotel room ASAP. Just suck up the price.

To give you an idea, I got married the weekend of Head of the Charles. I didn't realize it (hadn't even heard of Head of the Charles). We got married in Newton. The closest hotel I could get a room block in was in Billerica. 

Agree with the suggestions for the Seaport area, or Back Bay.

I used to work in the financial district near South Station, and took Uber from the office ot the cruise terminal for about $15.  

Other hotels nearby include:

InterContinental

Marriot Long Wharf

• Like 1

On 2/25/2023 at 8:22 AM, NayRN said:

What area/hotel would you recommend for a solo (61F) traveler to stay 2 nights pre cruise for a “walkable” hotel? I’d like to stay around $500 per night.

Take a look at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Old school Boston hotel walkable to anything downtown and right in the heart of Back Bay. At $500 a night it's possible it will fit in your budget and is vastly more atmospheric than the cookie cutter corporate hotels that are often recommended. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 11:11 AM, princeton123211 said:

Take a look at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Old school Boston hotel walkable to anything downtown and right in the heart of Back Bay. At $500 a night it's possible it will fit in your budget and is vastly more atmospheric than the cookie cutter corporate hotels that are often recommended. 

Thanks for the tip! I’ll check that one out. Too bad I can’t book one yet - but researching early is a must.