Cabin Cocktails

Anita Cruz

Hello, we are new to Azamara and suite planning. Beer and wine are in the mini fridge along with sodas, are these included if you have beverage package? Would this beer and wine be replenished? Also, if you would like cocktails in cabin or on balcony can these be ordered through room service/butler service? Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

The beer and wine in the mini fridge are not included, you will be charged if you consume them.  You can have drinks brought to your stateroom if you have purchased the ultimate beverage package, not sure if you haven’t.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, laurieb said:

The beer and wine in the mini fridge are not included, you will be charged if you consume them.  You can have drinks brought to your stateroom if you have purchased the ultimate beverage package, not sure if you haven’t.  

Oh nice! I was not aware that we could have cocktails brought to our stateroom if we purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package. We upgraded to this package last time we sailed, but weren't aware of this benefit. We are back on in early September, and may give it a go. Usually, we prefer to have drinks out in the social areas, but on occasion it is nice to have a little something to sip on while getting ready for the evening. 

15 minutes ago, terry&mike said:

Oh nice! I was not aware that we could have cocktails brought to our stateroom if we purchase the Ultimate Beverage Package. We upgraded to this package last time we sailed, but weren't aware of this benefit. We are back on in early September, and may give it a go. Usually, we prefer to have drinks out in the social areas, but on occasion it is nice to have a little something to sip on while getting ready for the evening. 

We were told this benefit was not available on Onward in November/December so it is possibly not a fleet wide offering

32 minutes ago, uktog said:

We were told this benefit was not available on Onward in November/December so it is possibly not a fleet wide offering

Ahhh, okay. We are on Onward in September, but will be on Quest in November. We'll see how it goes. Either way, no bother, but a fun occasional perk if it happens. 

• Like 1

Personally I find it a pain to order room service from the bar and waiting for it. Better to keep a bottle of something in the room that you've bought onshore (there are no rules about limits on this on Azamara and nothing extra to pay if you drink it in your room) as it is more convenient and cheaper too. Ask your room steward for a stock of your favourite mixers if you need them. 

Phil 

• Like 3

They’re also good at topic up ice and putting lime and or lemon slices in the fridge. It’s only if you want something more complex that this plan might go unstuck. I’d wanted a Long Island (you know that bad drink 😜😜) with a meal in the room and that was a no. I just went and got it in the Den and brought it up

• Like 2

On 3/14/2023 at 7:17 AM, laurieb said:

My understanding was this was available only if you are in a suite.

• Like 1

We were in an owner's suite on the Onward in December.  There was NO charge for anything in the fridge.  Actually, I swapped the welcome Sparkling wine for a Chardonnay.  There are also bottle of spirits in the room - we kept the Gin but I also swapped the Rum & Vodka for additional bottles of wine.  No muss, no fuss, and no extra charges.  We did not have any of the beverage packages.  I found it easier to run down to a bar and bring any other drinks back to the room - like afternoon Pina Coladas.

• Like 3

On 3/14/2023 at 2:17 PM, laurieb said:

My understanding is that you can have drinks delivered to your room if you have any beverage package.  You don't need to be starying in a suite. I also understand that the wine daily pour can be delivered with meal service. Again any cabin type. How this works on each ship seems a bit confused from postings above. 

Phil 

• Like 3

I have seen various descriptions of what suites/packages you need to have to get wine delivered to your room with room service.  We will be onboard  next week and will see for myself.  While I know the ship is small, I really don't want to interrupt a room service dinner by getting up to run down to a bar for a refill.

That aside, we are looking forward to this cruise and will be purchasing the Premium package.  We like the variety of beers and the list of spirits.  Our last Azamara (and first by the way) cruise we went with the basic included and bought whatever extra dinks.  We did find the included wine fine, and at the time (pre covid) they brought by 2 whites and 2 reds to choose from.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I know when Bonnie was here pre-Covid she confirmed to me that the daily pour was available on room service if delivered with a meal. 

Phil 

Had it post covid also. In fact they just brought and left the bottle (not in a suite)

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, fruitmachine said:

I think that was what it also said on the old website.

Pretty sure you’re right but no way of checking now, but I think the exception was always that you could get the included wine if you had a room service meal served at the same time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Riocca said:

Pretty sure you’re right but no way of checking now, but I think the exception was always that you could get the included wine if you had a room service meal served at the same time.

The inference by Bonnie was it was not always the case as she said "now". That's why I said it was my understanding rather than a definite yes. Shame we don't have a Bonnie here now to give us the latest official. 

Phil 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2023 at 7:28 PM, Wander58 said:

We were in an owner's suite on the Onward in December.  There was NO charge for anything in the fridge.  Actually, I swapped the welcome Sparkling wine for a Chardonnay.  There are also bottle of spirits in the room - we kept the Gin but I also swapped the Rum & Vodka for additional bottles of wine.  No muss, no fuss, and no extra charges.  We did not have any of the beverage packages.  I found it easier to run down to a bar and bring any other drinks back to the room - like afternoon Pina Coladas.

We have also found it easier--and quicker--than having our butler bring it, to just run down to a bar for a boat drink, lol. And DH always gets fancy morning coffees for us (yes, he's a prince). At the beginning of each cruise, the butler will encounter him in the hall with dismay! He'd have to explain that it's his little wake-up ritual. But we are perfectly content to have the butler serve us wonderful meals and pour our wine then...

• Like 4