The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday February 24th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

Good evening!  We had salmon today which is sort of funny since the Halibut morphed into Salmon. But the unique thing was that it was a rare piece of white King Salmon which is unusual and I never thought I’d get one from our monthly fish box. It’s not pure white but a very pale shade of pink. It’s a bit more fatty but tastes the same. 

C67D24E7-C4F0-4409-9FCD-70BBBDB15D26.thumb.jpeg.1776f48ef9462d9093a805a0cc4a1986.jpeg

Unfortunately I took this picture after I had broken it up for our salad but you can still see how pale it is. I always peel off the skin and cook it longer to give to Blue as a treat so it broke up as I was doing that. 

Annie & Chuck @marshhawk, Thinking of you both tonight. 

• Like 13

8 hours ago, marshhawk said:

hugs to you all.  I will post tomorrow.

It must have been a very long day for you and Chuck.  I'm so sorry and hugs back at you.😥

7 hours ago, bennybear said:

@StLouisCruisers we have our second counter depth fridge and have an outside water and ice dispenser.  It’s LG.  The last one was Samsung also had it.  So I think it just depends on what model.  Our son has the inside water in a regular depth LG.  

I remember when we were shopping for a fridge for this new house, seeing all the variations.  We all know that outside dispensers are easier to access, but we had two parameters.  It had to be counter depth to fit in an enclosure without sticking out into the room too far, and the model had to be Kitchenaid.  The dishwasher, counter gas cooktop, and oven/microwave combo were all Kitchenaid and I wanted them to match (especially the door handles).  Therefore we have to open the fridge to dispense cold water, and open the bottom freezer to scoop out ice cubes from a bin.  

• Like 3

On 2/25/2023 at 1:28 PM, bennybear said:

@StLouisCruisers we had a lot of Kitchenaid  before we remodelled.  Good and they last,  our convection oven never died nor the washer dryer.    What I don’t understand is why counter depth is more expensive, lol!   But it made a big difference in our kitchen. 

Brenda, I know!  You get a smaller refrigerator but pay for the privilege.  In our case our island and bar stools are directly in front of the refrigerator, so we needed as much space as possible to move around.  Thankfully, we have an extra fridge for overflow when we buy bulk at the grocery store.  And room for more wine in the second fridge.

• Like 2