Cheap prices on Aurora!

jeanlyon

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Goodness, there are some amazing deals suddenly for this year on Aurora.  I have never seen them that cheap.  £849 for 16 nights? 

Which ones are cheap Jean? We’ve almost given up looking at Aurora cruises as they had become so expensive, but we love the ship. I know that you always quote inside prices, but balcony prices should be reasonable as well if an inside is only just over £50pppn

1 minute ago, Selbourne said:

Which ones are cheap Jean? We’ve almost given up looking at Aurora cruises as they had become so expensive, but we love the ship. I know that you always quote inside prices, but balcony prices should be reasonable as well if an inside is only just over £50pppn

R314 July Northern Europe & Scandinavia 16 nights £1199 (Balcony £3958 per cabin)

R305 April - Med - 19 nights.  £1199 (Balcony £2500 per person)

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Not R319 In October???

No Jean. Get a bit fed up of 19 night itineraries going to places I've visited countless times before. I'm doing 12 nights to Norway where the majority of the ports are new to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

No Jean. Get a bit fed up of 19 night itineraries going to places I've visited countless times before. I'm doing 12 nights to Norway where the majority of the ports are new to me.

I know what you mean.  We are going to Greece and have 3 ports I have not been to.  However, our next will probably be Fred out to the Azores and some other places in France.

• Like 1

Myself and my wife are booked on R305 in April. Whilst I fully understand the p&o fluid pricing policy, and am willing to take the hit if it applies, it does annoy slightly that the holiday is now almost £1000 cheaper than when we booked.

We have to book well in advance as we are both still working, and have to fit our annual leave in with other team members. 

By the time we have the flexibility to choose,  we won't be able to afford it!!😂

2 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

We have always booked on launch and never seen the price lower than we paid,, not unless it was a real last minute.  But those prices are very low for Aurora.  I wonder why.

I agree. It’s very unusual for prices to be low on her. 

Just now, Fionboard said:

Insides! Probably can't sell them. 

I have done two Aurora cruises in C deck inside cabins, which were perfectly ok. But, my next cruise is in a balcony cabin as I would not want to take the outside chance of being quarantined in one without a window/balcony. Maybe others think the same, which is why they not selling? 

12 minutes ago, daiB said:

You were being optimistic.

I know. It’s so infuriating though. Had we been able to book a standard balcony cabin, we would have just booked our cheapest cruise ever (by a huge margin) on Aurora. 

Never had a problem booking at launch before as we need an accessible cabin and prices were never cheaper thereafter. However, there is clearly a supply and demand challenge now, judging by some of the giveaway prices. As you know, those of us needing accessible cabins can’t hang on for them though!

5 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Not just insides. I recently had an offer on solo prices for 16 night Baltic in May - 

Inside - £1358

Outside - £1518

Balcony - £1598

Blimey, that is cheap I should have booked saver. Select is so much more now!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I know. It’s so infuriating though. Had we been able to book a standard balcony cabin, we would have just booked our cheapest cruise ever (by a huge margin) on Aurora. 

Never had a problem booking at launch before as we need an accessible cabin and prices were never cheaper thereafter. However, there is clearly a supply and demand challenge now, judging by some of the giveaway prices. As you know, those of us needing accessible cabins can’t hang on for them though!

Exactly book first day possible at 0800. Which is the reason why I have so many booked now. I think its 11.

11 minutes ago, Britboys said:

Not just insides. I recently had an offer on solo prices for 16 night Baltic in May - 

Inside - £1358

Outside - £1518

Balcony - £1598

That’s the one we just tried to book. Balcony cabin £999 per person (saver) for 16 nights. That’s £62 pppn for a balcony cabin - on Aurora 😱 

This particular cruise is over the Coronation. I should imagine some folk have cancelled before balance due date as they don’t want to be away. We wanted to be at home for the Coronation as well, but at that price we’d watch it when we get home 😂 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

That’s the one we just tried to book. Balcony cabin £999 per person (saver) for 16 nights. That’s £62 pppn for a balcony cabin - on Aurora 😱 

This particular cruise is over the Coronation. I should imagine some folk have cancelled before balance due date as they don’t want to be away. We wanted to be at home for the Coronation as well, but at that price we’d watch it when we get home 😂 

Ah, yes. Quite possibly.