I'm having lots of trouble here on our Edge cruise to the Southern Caribbean...

StillLooking4Adventure

1 hour ago, Keys Kathy said:

I see in the video that they did not have a safety railing to ruin the view and keep stupid people safe. X should do something about that! I mean, at least a 6 ft fence! No, make it 10' so no one can climb over, oh, and don't have any kind of ledge where someone could sit and fall off. I can't believe X would take you to these 3rd world counties where someone could get hurt!

kk - please tell us this comment is tongue in cheek??? LOL

bon voyage

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

I have to say I was shocked the first time we were in Europe at a castle and they did not have the usual fencing. Gosh, you mean people are actually supposed to use their heads? I am still trying to figure out how I am still alive since I rode a bike for years without a helmet and drank water out of a hose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Keys Kathy said:

I have to say I was shocked the first time we were in Europe at a castle and they did not have the usual fencing. Gosh, you mean people are actually supposed to use their heads? I am still trying to figure out how I am still alive since I rode a bike for years without a helmet and drank water out of a hose.

It is great to live in the USA where we they must think we are at least smart enough to be able to read.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

B05C72B2-3E4C-440C-865A-E1E64F65596A.jpeg

650A4233-F0A9-4018-BE7F-85A407A08000.jpeg

Edited by miched
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

Our last port day wa in St. Maarten. I'm not going to belabor discussion about the weather other than to say the Air Conditioning on our Celebrity sponsored tour was HORRIBLE! I could not fell it at all! 

Also they put us in harms way when this plane almost landed on us!

Now we have two and 1/2 days when they keep us trapped on the ship. Wish me luck 🙏 

20230303_124203.jpg

20230303_122749.jpg

20230303_115715.jpg

20230303_114406.jpg

20230303_114230.jpg

20230303_114346.jpg

20230303_113921.jpg

20230303_094259.jpg

20230303_102612.jpg

20230303_095108.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Obviously, a great attitude accompanied the OP when boarding the Edge. No pre-conceived notions or planned investigatory procedures, just the intent to have a good time. Apparently, the OP succeeded in doing that. Indeed, if there were miscues here and there they were certainly not worth mentioning and had no negative affect on the overall experience. Also, the way in which this thread is presented affords us all the enjoyment of cruising positivity in the responses from other posters, unusually refreshing and humorously accurate.

There are many of us with the same "tude" and it is nice when we occasionally gather in the same place.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 3/3/2023 at 9:37 AM, Bo1953 said:

bon voyage

I too would like to know. 😉
My advice to anyone who has “Castle Angst” - you might 
not enjoy Germany.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Keys Kathy said:

Please see post 104

Why? I was responding to Bo's question to you about your comments being “tongue in cheek”.

We lived in Germany for several years and visited many castles. We even participated in Medieval events on the Castle grounds. I completely understand why some would not feel comfortable with the views from the parapets.

• Like 1

We made it! I didn't know if we would make it through this harrowing experience.  Here are some more pictfrom the last two days at sea. Our traveling companions wanted to make sure I added one more complaint.  They dont cut the cucumbers small enough on the salad bar. You must finish cutting them yourself. 

Please pray 🙏 for us. We have to endurE another one of these. This time their taking us somewhere they don't speak proper English,  Iceland Ireland and England. 

20230304_151532.jpg

20230304_120609.jpg

20230304_120551.jpg

20230304_120558.jpg

20230304_122055.jpg

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

We made it! I didn't know if we would make it through this harrowing experience.  Here are some more pictfrom the last two days at sea. Our traveling companions wanted to make sure I added one more complaint.  They dont cut the cucumbers small enough on the salad bar. You must finish cutting them yourself. 

Please pray 🙏 for us. We have to endurE another one of these. This time their taking us somewhere they don't speak proper English,  Iceland Ireland and England. 

20230304_151532.jpg

20230304_120609.jpg

20230304_120551.jpg

20230304_120558.jpg

20230304_122055.jpg

LOL, at first glance, I thought it said "Lawn Burger" and I was thinking, "They finally got it right" Then I noticed it said LAMB! I love the idea that you don't have to have a whole one.

I'm very much enjoying your review! Since I'm hungry, I will focus on the cakes you posted above - are those for sale, or served by the slice? (i.e, how much weight do I need to lose before my upcoming cruise?)

11 minutes ago, Notagoose said:

I'm very much enjoying your review! Since I'm hungry, I will focus on the cakes you posted above - are those for sale, or served by the slice? (i.e, how much weight do I need to lose before my upcoming cruise?)

By the slice. They are soo chincy. I asked for the whole cake to take back to my room. Can you believe it, they said no. 😡

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, StillLooking4Adventure said:

By the slice. They are soo chincy. I asked for the whole cake to take back to my room. Can you believe it, they said no. 😡

They meant to say no you can’t have just one.  You have to take all three.