RCCL and Celebrity

Giantfan13

I'm sure this was asked and answered but I tried the search and couldn't find it.

We are Diamond on RCCL and looking to do a Celebrity cruise next year. Will I have the same status on a Celebrity? Do I also get the points for cruising on Celebrity onto my Crown and Anchor account on RCCL?

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13

34 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

I'm sure this was asked and answered but I tried the search and couldn't find it.

We are Diamond on RCCL and looking to do a Celebrity cruise next year. Will I have the same status on a Celebrity? Do I also get the points for cruising on Celebrity onto my Crown and Anchor account on RCCL?

Cheers

Len

No drink vouchers. Must try to get free ones at the lounge.

12 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

We are really not big drinkers, what are some other differences between Elite on celebrity and Diamond on RCCL?

Cheers

Len

Elite you will each get the wash n fold bag of laundry. Depending on the cruise (even if it's a tender port) you will get priority tendering. Now that perk is determined from voyage to voyage. No free photos being Elite. Your Elite internet minutes will be 90 minutes (each). The minutes don't run consecutively. The clock only runs when your are logged in.  Like with RC you will receive a detailed letter in your stateroom outlining all your Elite perks/benefits for your specific cruise. There is a Elite breakfast from 8 to 10 each morning in the Tuscan grill on the M & S class ships. E class ships it's held elsewhere. It's continental style. Included are all morning drinks. Alcohol and not. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Your Elite internet minutes will be 90 minutes (each). The minutes don't run consecutively. The clock only runs when your are logged in.

This a BIG cut back on Royal that has not received much attention. When you could stop/ start minutes on Royal I could stretch my free out for a week. Get email/ sign out/ reply to email/ they send next time you log in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

Elite you will each get the wash n fold bag of laundry. Depending on the cruise (even if it's a tender port) you will get priority tendering. Now that perk is determined from voyage to voyage. No free photos being Elite. Your Elite internet minutes will be 90 minutes (each). The minutes don't run consecutively. The clock only runs when your are logged in.  Like with RC you will receive a detailed letter in your stateroom outlining all your Elite perks/benefits for your specific cruise. There is a Elite breakfast from 8 to 10 each morning in the Tuscan grill on the M & S class ships. E class ships it's held elsewhere. It's continental style. Included are all morning drinks. Alcohol and not. 

I personally think the Elite breakfast is one of the nicer perks on X that I don't get on Royal.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

Status crosses lines. You will be Elite on Celebrity.

Points are earned separately. Points earned on Celebrity are towards making Elite Plus. Points earned on RCCL are toward Diamond Plus. They do not combine.

No. It is not towards Elite Plus.

Your points total starts from 0 on Celebrity. Not from Elite.

So you need to go through all levels, but during sailings you are Elite

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

No lounge. At most bars from limited menu.

That's where Celebrity's CC falls short by not having a dedicated lounge for the top three tier levels. They also stopped the traditional CC HH in the evening in the Sky Lounge and have no intensions of bringing it back. Still no CC HH drinks the first evening.   

2 hours ago, Tatka said:

No. It is not towards Elite Plus.

Your points total starts from 0 on Celebrity. Not from Elite.

So you need to go through all levels, but during sailings you are Elite

There is no need to earn of the other statuses. The only one that matters, because it will come with new benefits, is Elite Plus. You start 750 points away from it.

21 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

There is no need to earn of the other statuses. The only one that matters, because it will come with new benefits, is Elite Plus. You start 750 points away from it.

You cannot go from Elite to Elite Plus if you did not have enough earned points for Elite... You are Elite due to your status with RCI when you cruise with Celebrity, but you do not have points.of Elite. To become Elite + you need to earn them from 0.

I like Elite benefits.

Edited by Tatka

• 1 month later...

I've cruised with Celebrity but never Royal. Can I join the Crown & Anchor Society prior to booking my first cruise on Royal? If not, how would Royal know what my loyalty status is on Celebrity and give me the equivalent tier's benefits? Thanks for your help.

30 minutes ago, Maya_C said:

I've cruised with Celebrity but never Royal. Can I join the Crown & Anchor Society prior to booking my first cruise on Royal? If not, how would Royal know what my loyalty status is on Celebrity and give me the equivalent tier's benefits? Thanks for your help.

Yes. Call the CAS at 1-800-526-9723. Or set up and log into RC to see if you have been given a CAS number. 

• Like 1