hump cabins on EQ view?

39august

Here is a photo of the hump balconies on Solstice to judge by although it is possible there are design differences between the two sister ships.

So it depends on your definition of the hump balconies.  The forward slanted balconies on Deck 6 do not appear to be obstructed.  The Deck 6 balconies on the hump (section with the white X on the balcony walls that is now gone) has no obstruction.  The trailing slanted balconies on Deck 6 appear to be slightly obstructed by the small orange boat.

B357C71E-93B6-4329-A36F-C507B7F72393.thumb.jpeg.f34f4115913f7efcccf7c0c25f62be02.jpeg

Secret unannounced early 6 am tender leaving Solstice anchored near Cairns.  Jan 8 2018

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

The hump cabins on the Solstice Class are not deeper than regular balcony cabins.  The slanted hump balconies are deeper.  Of the slanted hump balconies the first balcony off the straight side of the hump and the third off the straight side of the hump are the deepest.  The view straight down from the slanted balconies is partially over deck 5.  So the view is better (less obstructed) the higher you go.

8 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

The hump cabins on the Solstice Class are not deeper than regular balcony cabins.  The slanted hump balconies are deeper.  Of the slanted hump balconies the first balcony off the straight side of the hump and the third off the straight side of the hump are the deepest.  The view straight down from the slanted balconies is partially over deck 5.  So the view is better (less obstructed) the higher you go.

Does this run true on the Silhouette....1 and 3 are deeper, 2 and 4 'normal' size?

We prefer the middle hump balconies (not slanted) so we can see both ends of the ship. Balcony size isn't important to us, since we rarely sit out there.  The slanted balconies are great if you spend a lot of time on your balcony. 

Could we please stay on the topic? I asked about the view, not how big the balconies are. I know about the size. Can anyone answer my question about less obstructed view on these deck 6 slant balconies, please?

10 hours ago, 39august said:

Could we please stay on the topic? I asked about the view, not how big the balconies are. I know about the size. Can anyone answer my question about less obstructed view on these deck 6 slant balconies, please?

What do you want that post #2 does not answer?