Eastbound vs Westbound TAs occupancy

Ex-Airbalancer

On 3/3/2023 at 8:20 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Here the empty cabin  count for the Conny with 245 days to go ,249 cabins with 179 inside and OVs 

our April Reflection with 51 days still has 60 suites , and 100 AQU still empty and a most Sunset balconies , and most of the other categories are 50% empty 

The Caribbean cruise is mostly filled , will they reduce the staff for the TA ? 

if people didnt like M class why is almost book 🤔

we did  Apex Amsterdam TA cruise last April , didn’t care for E class , but was that because my wife was in quarantine for 10 days ,  I couldn’t eat or drink outside my cabin for 5 days , and the wife’s mom passed away 4 days into the cruise 

34 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

@Jim_Iain I wonder whose TA will have the lowest price for Exciting deals 🤔😁

1EA3EF01-7641-4272-8800-554935C012AA.png

TAs are booked because of first - itinerary.  Second - itinerary.

TAs always have a huge number of Elites and higher.

Have done both and like the time change on Westbound.

Weather is a red herring as there can be an ugly storm during any month, but on a TA a captain can vary the course by up to about 300 miles N or S to.avoid storms.

55 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

TAs are booked because of first - itinerary.  Second - itinerary.

TAs always have a huge number of Elites and higher.

Have done both and like the time change on Westbound.

Weather is a red herring as there can be an ugly storm during any month, but on a TA a captain can vary the course by up to about 300 miles N or S to.avoid storms.

With Celebrity the itinerary are always the same for the TAs 

I think a lot people also book them because of the price , at least I do 😁

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I found this upcoming 15 night TA on the Apex quite expensive actually. Mind you I'm also solo in a cabin so paid double.  Fortunately they've given me a lot of OBC so unlikely I will have  a bill at the end.  

41 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I found this upcoming 15 night TA on the Apex quite expensive actually. Mind you I'm also solo in a cabin so paid double.  Fortunately they've given me a lot of OBC so unlikely I will have  a bill at the end.  

E class ship are very  expensive, I really don’t think they are worth more 

They don’t even have the Apex TA on exciting deals 

D4EEDFFD-8565-4DCB-BA36-C9F3B0474B46.png

BC4F6790-AD2B-4858-AA84-DB6DE83F0955.png

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

E class ship are very  expensive, I really don’t think they are worth more 

They don’t even have the Apex TA on exciting deals 

D4EEDFFD-8565-4DCB-BA36-C9F3B0474B46.png

BC4F6790-AD2B-4858-AA84-DB6DE83F0955.png

We'll have a great time anyway. My son and family live in Amsterdam so part of the reason I chose this itinerary. 

1 hour ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We are also on the upcoming Apex TA.  Picked it because there are several new ports for us and it ends in Amsterdam.  But you're right about the prices on E class ships.  We will be looking at M & S class after this cruise and unfortunately other lines too.

2 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

We are also on the upcoming Apex TA.  Picked it because there are several new ports for us and it ends in Amsterdam.  But you're right about the prices on E class ships.  We will be looking at M & S class after this cruise and unfortunately other lines too.

I think that is S & M class ships 😉😁

we did the Apex TA last April 

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2023 at 6:56 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I've done at least a dozen crossings and have a different view.   

West Bounds -  Really depends on whether you take the Northern, Mid-Atlantic or Southern Crossing.  We have had some rough Northern Crossing  the worst being 2018 when a huge Arctic Storm (not

Hi Jim,  sorry if this is a silly question.  We are booked on on the Ascent TA Oct 26, 2024 from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.  Would you consider this Mid-Atlantic or Southern crossing?   I know the weather is unpredictable but I’m hoping for warm weather to enjoy the outside pools.  

Thanks

Sue

image.thumb.png.e6892f2c5d98609932f12245994d829b.png

Edited by taylortime05

On 3/14/2023 at 2:14 PM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We booked our 1st TA while onboard the Beyond in Dec.  It’s the Oct 26, 2024 13

nights Ascent sailing from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.  It would be our 1st TA sailing.  We got an good price compared  to the ridiculously high prices today but hubby still thinks it’s too expensive.    We booked a refundable Aqua Suite for $9045 with $2625 OBC.    The prices have doubled since December.   I can’t decide if it’s worth paying more for for a suite on a TA or not.     

image.thumb.png.9051b43518a0e659463b0224392eed66.png

on the November ConstellationTA there is 3 balconies left on the ship 

1 S1 and 2  C-2 

This number will still fluctuate like waves on the sea until the ship leaves
While on our Reflection April TA we still at about 40% cabins empty ,

almost all the the balconies on the slant of the hump are empty and they use to be the first to go 

I know all of this  is trivial but what else do you do when your up at 5am 😁

On 3/16/2023 at 1:08 AM, taylortime05 said:

Hi Jim,  sorry if this is a silly question.  We are booked on on the Ascent TA Oct 26, 2024 from Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale.  Would you consider this Mid-Atlantic or Southern crossing?   I know the weather is unpredictable but I’m hoping for warm weather to enjoy the outside pools.  

Thanks

Sue

Not Jim, but Azores-Bermuda would be mid-Atlantic.  A southern crossing would be more like Canary Islands/Madeira to a Caribbean island or two.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark_K said:

Not Jim, but Azores-Bermuda would be mid-Atlantic.  A southern crossing would be more like Canary Islands/Madeira to a Caribbean island or two.

Thank you!  Is a mid-Atlantic sailing more likely to have colder weather in a Fall crossing?  

On 3/15/2023 at 10:08 PM, taylortime05 said:

Thanks

Sue

Yes -  The ones that stop in Azores is a Mid-Atlantic.      The Southern Crossing are the ones that sail South to the Canary Islands.  

Like you said weather is unpredictable but normal the cruise will be on the mild side in Barcelona and Azores (60-70).    Comfortable but not sun bathing weather.    I was on one cruise and going past Gibraltar with heavy winds I froze my A$$ off 

As you sail toward Bermuda the weather will get warmer 70-75 and will be toasty from there to FLL

On 3/1/2023 at 10:12 AM, Ex-Airbalancer said:

We have done both ways

Before Covid by Final Payment Date there is usually only a handful cabins would be left for both directions 

This year we are book on the Reflection April 13 night TA and the constellation November TA

Using Sea Scanner , with about 65 day until sailing the Reflection is only 50% book,

With 10 months to go the Constellation is 77% book 

The price per day is just about the same , on the Constellation , Suites are gone ,  there 2 AQU, and 12 concierge cabins left 

On the Reflection everything is left 

I wonder why the big difference in booking pattern 🤔

We are on the Reflection with you.

The huge discrepancy in occupancy, and the reason that the Reflection is undersold compared to the other April crossings, is because Celebrity did not show the Reflection April 23 Transatlantic on its website for most of 2022! And if you happened to check the websites of other big travel agents, they didn’t show it either. By the time it showed up, most passengers had already made their plans based on what was showing as available.

😎

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes -  The ones that stop in Azores is a Mid-Atlantic.      The Southern Crossing are the ones that sail South to the Canary Islands.  

Like you said weather is unpredictable but normal the cruise will be on the mild side in Barcelona and Azores (60-70).    Comfortable but not sun bathing weather.    I was on one cruise and going past Gibraltar with heavy winds I froze my A$$ off 

As you sail toward Bermuda the weather will get warmer 70-75 and will be toasty from there to FLL

Thank you Jim.  I got a great deal on an Aqua Suite on the Ascent from Barcelona to FL.    I think it’s a great deal compared to todays pricing but hubby still thinks it’s too pricey.  But I do enjoy laying out by the pool and hot tub outdoors.  I think for our 1st TA I should pick a Southern crossing.   What a bummer. 

33 minutes ago, taylortime05 said:

Thank you Jim.  I got a great deal on an Aqua Suite on the Ascent from Barcelona to FL.    I think it’s a great deal compared to todays pricing but hubby still thinks it’s too pricey.  But I do enjoy laying out by the pool and hot tub outdoors.  I think for our 1st TA I should pick a Southern crossing.   What a bummer. 

When we crossed the Arctic Circle last September, there was some people in the hot tub so you should be ok 

• Like 1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:05 PM, Jim_Iain said:

If you search and none available they are probably sold out

Hi Jim !!

This will be out first TA  we are booked on Edge leaving April 17 when it's first Formal night  ?  

Thanks

11 hours ago, jeixgg6 said:

when it's first Formal night  ?  

Thanks

I think the moderator of the Celebrity section should make a couple of stickies about drink packages,  chic night and move up bids😁
There is no formal nights it is Chic night 

5AB83B05-E7B0-4B64-B4F1-DFC42911F9B6.png

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I think the moderator of the Celebrity section should make a couple of stickies about drink packages,  chic night and move up bids😁
There is no formal nights it is Chic night 

5AB83B05-E7B0-4B64-B4F1-DFC42911F9B6.png

Oops I know  Chic night....only reason want to know is to book specialty restaurants in a different night...